DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Serotonin Game Master Application (Military RP)

In-game name: Serotonin

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:79627791

Warns: None

Timezone: PST

Playtime: 489 Hours

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: YES, but I am a mute

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: YES

Referral(s): Matty, Soldier, ShinyAtlas

[What Gamemaster recommended you to apply?]: Smity and Kurtle

Past experiences as a Game Master: (Other than me writing and putting together Operation Devil’s Smile and Devil’s Cry, I have no other experience)

Why should we choose you over other applicants? :

I have always been super dedicated to emphasizing the need for player enjoyment. I believe that the use of RP events is crucial to the activity and energy of the server. I created the Red Light Rp Campaign (Devil’s Smile/Cry) to try and bring up server population and to bring an event that can really focus on roleplaying and the enjoyment of players.

During my time working on this I was able to see first hand how much events are crucial to the player base, and that its something I want to bring to the table. I believe that with this experience that I have attempted something that isn't very common among the player base. I also witnessed how much enjoyment it has brought and I hope that with my new role I can continue to spark the same satisfaction across the server like these did.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server?: I have not

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 

I am currently on summer break from college, but when school comes back around I dedicate a majority of  my time during the week to my studies. My activity would most likely be dedicated most on the weekends.

In your own words, what are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?

I believe a GMs responsibility goes as following:

• Always be dedicated and put 100% effort into their work

• Create something all players will enjoy

• Be capable of working as a team and maximizing their effort with said team

• Enjoy the work they are making 

• Overall be apart of the community and be the best they can be

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: 

A lot of what I enjoy is storytelling and story building. I am a love for lor and I would want to bring that into events. I want to create events that mean something to the players. That one event should connect with another so the players are familiar with what's at stake and what they're going against. This will bring roleplaying to a high degree because one player could have a special connection to the event, even if they're not an actor for it. Roleplaying events bring character to even the most CPL or PFC. It creates memories and prepares them for RP based tryouts.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas designed for only your side to take part in: 

1. Operation Hacksaw: A large containment of narcotics are being transported through Afghanistan by an Unnamed group (Code Word: RattleSnake). They supposedly leave a containment of their product in Shipment, The United States Army Foreign Drug Prevention Unit (USFDP) calls upon the near by FOB to operate an investigation to the scene, when they arive it is empty, and a bomb goes off in shipment. As this happens the US has to fight off ambushing RattleSnake members. (One life event: actions of the players will affect the ending)

2. Operation Rabbit Hole: Following the end of Operation Hacksaw, RattleSnake narcotics are progressively becoming the most lethal drugs in the United States, killing 31 people by the hour. The RattleSnake’s have heavy links to the Taliban and the US has to conduct a raid on a nearby facility used for cooking these narcotics. Upon raiding they will learn the names of 3 targets they have to locate and eliminate. Each target is in different places around the map and will be protected. When the third one is eliminated one of the RattleSnake’s pleads for his life and will spill information to the US, thus will be interrogated.

3. Operation Informative Disaster: With information from their inside informant planted within the RattleSnake they learn that the head operative of the foreign distribution of the narcotics is being defended by a Taliban force near ATTC. During this strike the VIP dedonates a bomb strapped to his chest killing him and destroying the nearby cargo. Then the US Decontamination Unit has to RP to clean up the fumes in the area to avoid the narcotics becoming airborne in the area. (ending the RattleSnake Campaign)

4. Operation Ice Wolf: A Siberian rogue wishing to be a hero tried to ambush an arms dealer moving automatic weapons to Egypt to assist a terrorist uprising within the country. Upon hearing of a nearby Afghan attack the US moves out to the area and intercepts the ongoing gunfire. When they arrive they find out that they aren't tali and that they are Egyptian “freedom fighters'' hoping to overthrow the democratic government in Egypt. Thus pledging to the general of Egypt that the US will assist the Egyptian Government in preventing a civil war, well they fail.

5. Operation SandRat: The conflict in Egypt just erupted into a full fledged civil war and the middle east is getting uneasy. Nearby militias are attacking US officials for their involvement in foreign affairs, especially in Egypt. The ambassador of United States Affairs in the Middle East was just kidnapped by Afghan revolutionaries that took control of the US embassy. The US must attack the embassy and extract the ambassador. If they succeed the ambassador will put in a request to Washington DC to pull the United States out of the Egyptian Conflict.

Please list and explain 3 unique global event idea designed for the entire server to take part in: 

1. Campaign; Unravel Part 1: After the fall of Kurslov his inner circle has separated and has set up their own private armies. One of which has been terrorizing the area after the fall out. Nikolai Smirnov was a close friend of Kurslov and is deadly with a rifle. He has taken control over any cargo shipments to the area, cutting off US supplies and has pinned the US FOB economically and rations are falling short. The United States plans to intercept Nikolai’s patrol and push them back to allow supplies to move in before the military calls for backup. Calling to defend shipment before fighting their way back to the FOB. The Taliban assists the militia and will continuously attack the United States in their attempts.

2. Campaign; Unravel Part 2: A Taliban informant is on the run after being discovered and is hunted down for treason. In this window of time the United States has to save the informant and track down a high ranking officer and kidnap them for information. Meanwhile the Taliban is hunting down US enlisted when the search is on. However the United States unknowingly knows of the Taliban hunters and have to communicate their efforts if they wish to succeed. If the US failed to find the target by 20:00 the target would have escaped, giving them less info on Nikolai.

1. Campaign; Unravel Part 3: Nikolai tries to follow in the steps of Kurslov by kidnapping a CNN reporter and threatening the US with an execution if he doesn't get what he wants. Nikolai requested a sum of $500,000 and an entire weapons cargo to aid his pursuits. If he doesn't get what he wants, the CNN reporter will be executed live on television. It is up to the US Officers and Special Forces to come up with a plan to both extract the CNN reporter and kill Nikolai. The Taliban will be defending their base while Nikolai is running tasks around the base. This could go stealth or loud, but that is up to the US to demonstrate, and up to the Taliban to react accordingly.

Edited by Serotonin
  • Agree 2

+1 from me. I am one of Seros Referrals and think she would make a great addition to the GM team. She just helped plan that awesome server wide event over the last few days and as a GM I think she can continue to bring that type of caliber events to the server 

• Forums Moderator

+1 Ive been playing with sero for a bit now and i can truly say she is amazing at making lore and RP fun. She did excellent in 327th under me. and the events that has played out recently was all thanks to her. Her attention to detail when it comes to event is amazing. She made trailers for all parts of the event and proper documentations. i truly believe that making her GM will be a great decision. once again I +1 this application 

On 7/2/2022 at 12:09 AM, Serotonin said:

Why should we choose you over other applicants? :

I have always been super dedicated to emphasizing the need for player enjoyment. I believe that the use of RP events is crucial to the activity and energy of the server. I created the Red Light Rp Campaign (Devil’s Smile/Cry) to try and bring up server population and to bring an event that can really focus on roleplaying and the enjoyment of players. During my time working on this I was able to see first hand how much events are crucial to the player base, and that its something I want to bring to the table. I believe that with this experience that I have attempted something that isn't very common among the player base. I also witnessed how much enjoyment it has brought and I hope that with my new role I can continue to spark the same satisfaction across the server like these did.

Albeit, this is nitpicky, but two paragraphs are needed here. 

Also, pertaining towards the event, Devil's Cry, that was hosted two days ago at the time of my post, the lore was thorough and clearly well thought, and I felt the passion and enjoyment you had from creating such lore and the event. However, there is one thing I have to point out. Both as a GM and a player on Afghan, that event could barely be considered "server wide", as Afghan was just told to go wait on an objective, die, go to another objective, die, then go on standby for 20-30 minutes before the event ended. The only thing that kept Afghan entertained was a church I spawned in and Tali doing simon says (this is not an exaggeration). For linear events to be server wide is honestly not fun for the one side which will have to lose. Linear events solely for US or Afghan are fine because chances are they are fighting AI. That is one major thing I wanted to point out before I give my stance on this application because events like the one hosted two days ago honestly made me frustrated. In the end, if you are going to host server wide events, have a campaign that can be altered based on the actions of the one side, rather than, "go there and lose for the sake of the plot." 

Overall though, I sense the passion and the genuine desire to contribute to RP, so I will +1 this application (since I'm also a referral). Good luck!

+1, after a good amount of time on the community, you finally have made a GM app! Overall I really liked the events, just make sure to consider both sides on the server wide events. If your not sure that both sides will enjoy it, you can always use NPCs instead of real players.

Apart from being a referral, good luck Sero! 

You're good at RP and know how to help run events, I know this first hand since you helped out in a few of my events but you do have a habit of just disappearing if you can battle that habit then you are a amazing candidate for GM
+1 

spacer.png

Accepted
Due to the events you already helped host on the server, coupled with your amazing storybuilding and community feedback, I am glad to welcome you to the GM team!
You will be trained by Soldier, and I will oversee. 
Do not use any GM commands until you are fully trained.
@Jake Lock and move please! 

• Agree 1