DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

New Objective Ideas!

Smity_

Hello MRP Community! We all know that sometimes the maps more than likely have reused objectives from other maps and they can get just over used. So I'm coming to you guys for ideas of a new objective that @Nutter can make! 

Hopefully you guys have some ideas we can use for the new map that is coming in the future! 
Please leave your ideas below!
These could be names/types of buildings!

Edited by SirSmity
  • Haha 4

1) A large building similar to resort on Tarkov. I.e. Two to three smaller buildings connected by walkways with a courtyard in the center. Inside would a mix of small and large rooms rather than the apartments seen on resort.

2) An underground bunker consisting of a tunnel system and multiple large rooms.

Edited by Toyto
  • Agree 4
21 minutes ago, Toyto said:

1) A large building similar to resort on Tarkov. I.e. Two to three smaller buildings connected by walkways with a courtyard in the center. Inside would a mix of small and large rooms rather than the apartments seen on resort.

2) An underground bunker consisting of a tunnel system and multiple large rooms.

PERFECT EXAMPLE!!!

Edited by SirSmity
  • Like 1

A few ideas I had.

A multistory tower, think the child of Construction and Silo,.. Could have a basement entrance, several ladders/windows, w/e.

The reverse, an underground bunker complex, think tunnels on echo but that's the entire obj.. Toyto beat me to this.

A trainyard, big trains/shipping containers/boxes/small buildings, etc.

One small building at the top of a very large mountain, tunnels are carved into the mountain/there's a storage area underneath. You would need to be inside to cap.

Island in the middle of a lake, hope you can swim.

A literal bridge, would be a good middle of the map obj.

Obligatory US base.

Edited by PraetorDon
  • Like 1

A forest with abandoned houses in the woods (Suitable for Taiga themed maps | Good for CQC and Sniping)
A sunken ship in a dried lake with rooms to clear (Suitable for Delta themed maps | Good for CQC)
An ancient temple with rooms that vary in sizes (Suitable for Foxtrot ( Egyptian map announced in 2019 lol ) | Good for CQC and possibly some sniping)

• Like 1
  • Creative 1
  • Agree 1

This thread is perfect for me. I have a couple ideas that are references from other games. A few others are original ideas. I'll do my best to include pictures as well as descriptions of what the objectives should play out as. I will also try to include RP reasonings for each objective, as I believe that the best objectives are ones that are very balanced for war, and give a rich backstory for RP events.

1) Rust inspired CQC objective

spacer.pngspacer.png

Many people have fond memories of Rust in MW2. I'm hoping to invoke that feel with a CQC style objective, reminiscent of some areas on Power Plant on Omega. This objective would feature small tight corridors, as well as cargo boxes on the outside to give that feel to the area. At the top, you would have areas for sniping out and defending the objective, also giving players the option to trick-shot if they so please. Rust as an objective would give many opportunities for RP, as we could do scenarios involving oil drilling and construction.

2) Airport

spacer.pngterminalcompass.png

Terminal was also another classic from MW2. I really love the back areas that give you a good opportunity for CQC, combined with the big open lobby and the huge outdoor area with the planes, giving players excellent opportunities for sniping and long range gun fights. The "3 lane style" of map that Terminal has could be accentuated with our version of the objective, most likely called Airport. One lane could be an outdoor shooting area with large cargo boxes and large open spaces for sniping and rifle fights. The middle lane could be the escalator that leads into the main lobby of the Airport. The third lane could be a small tight corridor with sandbags/boxes/luggage to give a nice CQC area. The other reason I would love having an objective like Terminal would be for the RP(think of events like No Russian). Possible events could involve important VIP's being flown in and defended, as well as civilian RP and terrorists taking over the Airport.

3) Mineshaft

As previously mentioned by Don and Toyto, an underground objective could be a really cool one for combat and RP. My idea of this would be a large mineshaft area with several interconnecting tunnels. The Mineshaft could have a bit of a makeshift feel, with wooden braces and tight corridors. It would be interesting to add crawlspaces and spots you have to crouch into as well. This system of tunnels could culminate into a large quarry area to give some longer range combat. It might be cool to experiment by having a large pit in the middle that you can fall to your death in, giving the map a bit more of a dangerous dynamic. A mining area could have good RP implications for mining or drilling events as well.

4) Bridge

spacer.png

When trying to take inspiration from other games, my mind immediately drifted to COD and HL2. Today, I love to remember and revisit the level design from HL2, as I believe some of the greatest scenes in video games come from these maps. Taking inspiration from the road and bridge sequence shown here in the video, I believe a bridge type objective could be really cool. It would be a vertical map suspended high above a deep valley. Instead of the typical 3 lane area I talked about, it could be something like a multi-level map with multiple floors. As I'm writing this, it makes me think of Detour from Black Ops 2. The main level would feature long lanes to gun down with rifles and snipers. These lanes would occasionally be broken up by crashed cars. There could be a security checkpoint building in the middle for CQC and defense. The second level would be the infrastructure of the bridge, much more reminiscent of that HL2 level where you are jumping between broken railings. This could be a very open area for long range combat, with cover being given by the occasional metal sheet wall or massive support beam. To navigate between these floors, you would have the bridge control areas built into the side of the mountains, alongside ladders and stairs, with the main level of the road being caved in at some points, allowing you to run between these floors. If needed, you could add a third floor suspended above the main level, where people risk getting killed from many angles to hold down the lanes of the main level.

5) Other ideas

Here are a few other ideas, a bit less detailed.

A river area with water in the middle, with buildings on both sides to give some rooftop action and sniper fights.

A town center revision possibly.

A shooting range objective.

A shipyard with several boats and cargo on top lined up on a pier of some sort overlooking some water.

Adding onto the shipyard idea if water isn't possible. A drydock area with large boats and pits with some small logistics buildings and maybe a large crane you can climb on.

These are all of my ideas, please feel free to ask for clarification. I would be more than happy to help Garnet or anyone involved on making the maps on showing them exactly what each of these maps could entail. I'm no level designer but I feel like I have a good grasp on game balance and combat.

• Agree 2