DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

New faction air born

Zombiekilla

How would this work 

air born is a real life division where they jump out of planes  and land behind enemy lines on the objective  I feel it would  make the game more interesting here’s why base camping is a big thing while they are base camping base air born would be able to jump and land on the objectives going un notices 

Who would fly the planes 

you will have to be white listed (class name pilot)  the try outs will be hard if You crash you get a strike 1 strike police  the try out will hold 3 stages one flight test (dose not mater  if you crash just a test to show u how a plane works )  stage 2 is flying in a fake battle   If they gets shot down they will fail  3rd stage is test they will have to pass a 6 question  to see what they learned 

White list names 

para jumper assault 

para jumper marksmen 

para jumper medic 

para jumper demo 

Tryouts will  be like the army’s for the units  only thing different is learning b how to deploy your parachute and landing on the objectives (a tryout host will choose where you will land if u miss the spot you will get one strike this try out will be a three strike and out tryout 

New guns on map 

a anti air guns 

flank guns 

Ranks required to join sgt+ 

Have to be white listed as marks men and demo  

Why shuld we implement this 

it would be a fun division who wouldn’t want to jump out of a plane  and not would make the rp aspect more fun and enjoyable 

Let me know what you think any questions just let me know spacer.png

-1, has existed before and been removed due to people doing nothing with it as well as poor leadership. In addition, the skybox would need to be extended on any map the AFSOC/Airborne/AAF was not designed for.

This is Garnet's opinion on the matter as I see it. This was taken off of another thread that also discussed adding in an airborne faction. He's welcome to chime in himself if his opinion has changed.

spacer.png

• The Garnut
1 hour ago, PraetorDon said:

This is Garnet's opinion on the matter as I see it. This was taken off of another thread that also discussed adding in an airborne faction. He's welcome to chime in himself if his opinion has changed.

Unfortunately not much has changed, it really comes down to having somebody who is a long time community member that's reliable enough to make a promise of dedicating time into such a faction.

This faction has been in-and-out of the server a total of three times, each time with more polishing and development time, but it seems like no matter what, it always ends up in neglect, abuse, or mindless flying that contributes nothing to the server.

• Agree 2
15 hours ago, Nutter said:

Unfortunately not much has changed, it really comes down to having somebody who is a long time community member that's reliable enough to make a promise of dedicating time into such a faction.

This faction has been in-and-out of the server a total of three times, each time with more polishing and development time, but it seems like no matter what, it always ends up in neglect, abuse, or mindless flying that contributes nothing to the server.

Sir if I had the resources required I would absolutely do my best to make it run smoothly sir  

7 hours ago, Zombiekilla said:

Sir if I had the resources required I would absolutely do my best to make it run smoothly sir  

I believe we could get Airborne in game, we could find someone to control it like a SOC COL, but they would have to know its on thin ice. Idea gets my +1

-1 Bringing back an airborne faction would be a dream come true for a whole lotta players right now, but for me, the cons outweigh the pros.

1. We would need to find a leader who is capable and confident that they will run it to the best of their ability. People usually just say "I'll be the best person for the job" then disappear off the face of the earth and then it gets removed.

2. The skybox issue. Maps have been made/adapted to accommodate helicopters in order for them to exist, but overall, it's too much work just to add a helicopter into the game. We don’t know how helicopters would interact with Echo or the new map that is coming up.

3. The lagging situation. People have complained in the past about the helicopters making their games run at 2 frames per hour. Because of that, people would rather play on a server that they can actually play on, which leads to the final point…

4. The playerbase. Once people figure out the reason as to why their laptops/PCs are lagging, they will do whatever it takes to bring it down. I once saw a person shoot a helicopter on their OWN SIDE because it was lagging their game too much.

While I do hope that the airborne faction might become a possibility one day, there are too many things that collide with each other that would make it pretty hard to get it implemented.

• 3 weeks later...