DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

AK-103 Buff in comparison to AK-74

Horse

Description: Currently, as it stands the AK-74 is a better weapon than 055's AK-103. Stat wise the AK74 has 30 more points in terms of firerate and a 10% hire handling rate (90 < 100)
You may say that the AK-103 somehow makes up for the huge loses for the 1 Damage difference ( 42 > 41 ). However, in the long run this is irrelevant because the damage per second that 
the AK-74 produces is 11 more damage points than the AK-103 and as vet's know that can be a game changer when it comes down to a 1 on 1. I dont know how this went unchecked during the weapon
buff but it is clear that a base faction weapon is better than a SOC faction weapon by a mile. (Not to mention the effective range is even higher on the AK-74 which shouldnt really be true with
a weapon that has a lower fire rate.

Reasoning: In regards to US's Scar H and Base faction weapon's the fire-rate is still lower whilst only making up for it with a 1 or 2 point damage difference. I believe SOC faction 
weapons should still be somewhat better and atleast on the same level as base faction weapons but as it stands the AK-103 is still much weaker than the AK-74

CD120D19BFE4211A675C7BE0D9A8DF4A3D486093 (1920×1080)E8AB2B9CF0307D5507DC0EEC06B51D7C2ADC6212 (1920×1080)

Edited by Horseyy
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Disagree 5

I find myself dying to 103 more often than an AK-74.

Also the only real thing that the AK-74 has over the 103 is Firerate and Mobilty, but it basically trumps the AK-74 in everything else.

Also, both guns lack attachments. Maybe send a screenshot of both guns decked out to compare then.

Edited by Fonza
Adding on
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
8 minutes ago, Fonza said:

I find myself dying to 103 more often than an AK-74.

Also the only real thing that the AK-74 has over the 103 is Firerate and Mobilty, but it basically trumps the AK-74 in everything else.

Also, both guns lack attachments. Maybe send a screenshot of both guns decked out to compare then.

The insurgent  class is one of the more rare classes used in 055. And if you actually take a deeper look at the stats the AK-103 has nothing better than the AK74 besides the 1 point damage difference. You may find yourself dying more to the AK-103 because the user of the class is more skilled than a PVT .

There are actually 4 Things the AK-74 is better than the AK-103 and all the other categories are fairly the same.
Firerate, Mobility, Handling, And effective range. and the only other category the AK-103 has over the AK74 is like I said a 1 damage difference. Not aim accuracy, not spread, not recoil, and any of the other categories. (Making all of the other long range opticals the AK-103 has a little useless)

(As you can see below the AK-74 has the ability to turn into a literal 37 damage SMG whilst also increasing your speed by a shit ton)

19995B4DEF1B389BD3A0405B4A0769EDE352D895 (1920×1080)B54ACC8BC93140567F74EDC134052B02CEA4A766 (1920×1080)

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Horseyy said:

(As you can see below the AK-74 has the ability to turn into a literal 37 damage SMG whilst also increasing your speed by a shit ton)

And aimspread goes through the roof. I'm telling you now that AK-74 is going to get nerfed or nothing happens at all. AK-103 is a beam. 
You also haven't taken account using all of the attachments available on the Ak-103 which makes it that beam. @Ozzywill have his response soon. And also, I don't appreciate you setting your name to Smity stinky when we have to forcerpname you when you are on a Taliban class.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Reeper said:

So basically buff a already OP weapon, sounds bout right. Stats aint everything bud.

Any nerf on the AK-74 would probably put it below the US's M16. If the AK-103 is OP i have no clue what the Scar-H or AK-74 is. This probably shouldve been taken into account when all the weapons were changed Im simply pointing out why it makes no sense to have the stats lower than the AK74.

6 minutes ago, SirSmity said:

And aimspread goes through the roof. I'm telling you now that AK-74 is going to get nerfed or nothing happens at all. AK-103 is a beam. 
You also haven't taken account using all of the attachments available on the Ak-103 which makes it that beam. @Ozzywill have his response soon. And also, I don't appreciate you setting your name to Smity stinky when we have to forcerpname you when you are on a Taliban class.  

Seems like a decision was already made but I'd like to point out the Aim Accuracy, and Spread is the same for both classes. if the AK-74 is nerfed than im sure other US base weapons will have to be nerfed just to meet the same degree of usefulness. Thanks for the consideration! (Also, wish we couldve got a weee bit more time to get more feedback before a decision was made but thats A-Okay)

Edited by Horseyy
40 minutes ago, Horseyy said:

19995B4DEF1B389BD3A0405B4A0769EDE352D895 (1920×1080)B54ACC8BC93140567F74EDC134052B02CEA4A766 (1920×1080)

I see a boost in mobility from the foregrip, and the shortened barrel just turns it into an SMG no longer classifying as an AR.

Firerate, Mobility, Handling, And effective range

Firerate is something that can easily be given up, especially from an AR, mobility is gained back through the foregrip, i've never had any impending issues with handling (unless its putting on the M203), and starting a firefight at long range is a death-wish with an AR.

The insurgent  class is one of the more rare classes used in 055. And if you actually take a deeper look at the stats the AK-103 has nothing better than the AK74 besides the 1 point damage difference. You may find yourself dying more to the AK-103 because the user of the class is more skilled than a PVT .

You're right, I don't see them playing the Insurgent class, I see them playing the T3 or T2 class that also has the 103. I've also never seen anyone play Zealot or Scout, so I guess the M1-Carbine and the PK need a buff too?

Edited by Fonza
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin

Yo! Safe to say I'm the biggest nerd in GG when it comes to CW 2.0, how to interpret it, balance it, etc.

@Horse, you bring up some fair points where on the surface level, the AK-103 appears to be lacking comparatively to the AK-74. I want to bring up a few points to help you understand where I came from in having the weapons the way they are.

A) Most important reason - Garnet has said that he will NOT ever give SOC better weapons than base factions. Rather, they will receive more advanced attachments at times. I understand why he's said this and 100% agree. The newer players should not also be at a weapons disadvantage when they're already way behind the learning curve.

B) Stats aren't everything. And in this particular case, firerate and subsequently DPS, are not everything. Too high of a firerate, relative to recoil, can be a bad thing! A simple test of each gun with optimal (in my opinion and really in all attachment variations) will show that the AK-103 is much easier to control. The lower firerate, while giving it a roughly 11 (incredibly minor) deficit in DPS, makes it easier to control. Especially when you factor in point C.

C) Attachments. The Barska sight is definitely a server favorite in the vision it offers. But the real difference maker here is the Foregrip. It positively affects both Mobility AND Recoil. Which leads me to point D.

D) I'd like to point you in the direction of section 4. Out of all of the "Important Stats" the weapons are the same except in Mobility and Recoil, where the AK-103 eclipses the AK47 by 13% and 2-4% respectively.

Conclusion: The AK-103 is in fact better than the AK-47 in how the totality of its' stats make up it's gameplay. You can be more accurate & way more accurate on the move thanks to it's combination of attachments and stats, while sacrificing near negligible DPS.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Agree 2
  • 2 weeks later...