DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Lenny McFat Moderator Application

LennyMcFat

In-game name: Channel 10 Lenny (Aliases: Ch10 Lenny McFat, Lenny)
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):  STEAM_0:1:725787833
Warns: None, beyond the odd verbal "Please make sure not to do again"
Timezone: CST
Playtime?: 6-2pm CST, 11-4am CST (Roughly)
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: YES
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:YES
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] A number of them mentioned I should, including RealRichard and Glorb (I think. I asked them if I should and they said go for it. I think. Its been a few people who said to do it so sorry.)
    Past experiences as staff: None on GMOD, but I have admined discord servers with 10k+ members before, ran organized and dedicated pedo hunting groups, etc. I know what enforcing should entail more or less, at any rate.
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]
- First and foremost, my activity. Though you will find mods on at all times of day, I tend to be most active when others aren't around to respond to sits. Many cases of trolls prop blocking spawn could have been easily handled had I the ability to take care of it. Not only that, but I am very present within the rp community, always interacting with everyone, giving money and not guns out for free, to help ensure a positive rp experience for all. I also know how to look at a situation and realize when someone is using obvious loopholes, and can handle punishments accordingly. But I can also see when genuine mistakes are made, and people being genuinely apologetic to a situation does need to be taken into context.

My general demeanor and attitude is also a good choice for mod. Now, I can get a bit miffed like everyone else, but when it comes to dishing out sits, I am always neutral. I also can be a dedicated sit responder, and am far more than normal, willing to handle every single one that pops into my screen. It seems that the staff is often overwhelmed, sometimes when the morning crowd hits and its one mod versus 36 hooligans. And that is one thing I believe should count me among a top choice for mod. My only true desire to apply was to assist overwhelmed mods in the mornings when it is active with trolls, as I have seen whole servers be disrupted by 3 or 4 trolls with a genuine know how of how to pb en masse. I would just like to help during these times, and assist regardless of how many mods are present.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: Nope! Clean as a whistle thankfully!
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Nope! 1st one is this!
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 100 percent of the time, job irl permitting.
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?: Music Making, im getting into YT, i have work ofc, and I have very few other hobbies, besides sleep.
Did you read the staff rules?: Yessirree (Channel 10 Lenny. I had read the rules a few days ago and forgot this bit when I filled this out today. I still expect -1's, and do apologize for getting confused. Will keep original answer there for pointing and possible laughing at.)

Edited by LennyMcFat

-1: I agree with both previous replies, on one hand your app is very good, I've seen you in game and you seem like a nice person but on the other hand you didn't read the staff rules, so I suggest you to take a few days to read these and get along with the rules of the server.

• 300 IQ 1

Initial Thoughts

This review is to critically assess the application submitted by Channel 10 Lenny for the role of moderator on Garnet Gaming, a Garry's Mod DarkRP server. In this review, we'll delve into the candidate's strengths and weaknesses, and provide a comprehensive evaluation of their suitability for the role.

Strengths:

Channel 10 Lenny has several assets that make him a strong candidate for the role of a moderator. Firstly, his stated availability during times when other moderators are less present could be a valuable asset to the server. This availability could mean quicker response times for players in need and help maintain a positive roleplaying environment.

Additionally, Channel 10 Lenny's active engagement with the RP community is a positive attribute. As a moderator, it's important to be present and engaged with the community to ensure everyone has a positive experience.

The candidate's neutral demeanor when dishing out punishments is another essential aspect for a fair and impartial moderation team. This can help establish trust and respect among players and ensure a positive roleplaying environment.

Finally, Channel 10 Lenny's full commitment to the role, with the time to contribute 100% to the position, job permitting, is a great sign of dedication to the server and its community.

Weaknesses:

Despite these strengths, Channel 10 Lenny does have some weaknesses that should be considered before making a final decision. Firstly, the candidate's lack of experience in Garry's Mod could present a challenge in familiarizing themselves with the specific rules and regulations of the server and the game.

Furthermore, as this is the candidate's first application, it's unclear if they have any experience in the application process. This lack of prior applications could be a concern as the application process can provide insight into a candidate's suitability for the role and their understanding of what is expected of a moderator.

The candidate's lack of awareness of staff rules is another concern. A thorough understanding of the rules and regulations is necessary for a moderator to effectively enforce them.

Finally, the significant age difference between the candidate and the target audience, with the average age of the server's players being between 13-16 years old and the candidate being 26, could present a challenge in connecting with the target audience and establishing a good rapport with them.

Conclusion:

In conclusion, Channel 10 Lenny presents several strengths, including availability, RP community interaction, and a neutral demeanor. However, the candidate also presents some weaknesses, including a lack of experience in Garry's Mod, no prior applications, a lack of awareness of staff rules, and a significant age difference with the target audience. Based on this information, it would be advisable for the server to consider alternative candidates before making a final decision. -1

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
4 hours ago, LennyMcFat said:

In-game name: Channel 10 Lenny (Aliases: Ch10 Lenny McFat, Lenny)
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):  STEAM_0:1:725787833
Warns: None, beyond the odd verbal "Please make sure not to do again"
Timezone: CST
Playtime?: 6-2pm CST, 11-4am CST (Roughly)
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: YES
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:YES
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] A number of them mentioned I should, including RealRichard and Glorb (I think. I asked them if I should and they said go for it. I think. Its been a few people who said to do it so sorry.)
    Past experiences as staff: None on GMOD, but I have admined discord servers with 10k+ members before, ran organized and dedicated pedo hunting groups, etc. I know what enforcing should entail more or less, at any rate.
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]
- First and foremost, my activity. Though you will find mods on at all times of day, I tend to be most active when others aren't around to respond to sits. Many cases of trolls prop blocking spawn could have been easily handled had I the ability to take care of it. Not only that, but I am very present within the rp community, always interacting with everyone, giving money and not guns out for free, to help ensure a positive rp experience for all. I also know how to look at a situation and realize when someone is using obvious loopholes, and can handle punishments accordingly. But I can also see when genuine mistakes are made, and people being genuinely apologetic to a situation does need to be taken into context.

My general demeanor and attitude is also a good choice for mod. Now, I can get a bit miffed like everyone else, but when it comes to dishing out sits, I am always neutral. I also can be a dedicated sit responder, and am far more than normal, willing to handle every single one that pops into my screen. It seems that the staff is often overwhelmed, sometimes when the morning crowd hits and its one mod versus 36 hooligans. And that is one thing I believe should count me among a top choice for mod. My only true desire to apply was to assist overwhelmed mods in the mornings when it is active with trolls, as I have seen whole servers be disrupted by 3 or 4 trolls with a genuine know how of how to pb en masse. I would just like to help during these times, and assist regardless of how many mods are present.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: Nope! Clean as a whistle thankfully!
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Nope! 1st one is this!
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 100 percent of the time, job irl permitting.
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?: Music Making, im getting into YT, i have work ofc, and I have very few other hobbies, besides sleep.
Did you read the staff rules?: Yessirree

I believe a became confused somewhere down the line, did staff rules not mean the ones for the staff application, or did it mean the in game rules? I read through all this a few days ago and may have forgotten what set of rules it is I am supposed to be looking at.

3 hours ago, aproductivememberofsoceity said:

Initial Thoughts

This review is to critically assess the application submitted by Channel 10 Lenny for the role of moderator on Garnet Gaming, a Garry's Mod DarkRP server. In this review, we'll delve into the candidate's strengths and weaknesses, and provide a comprehensive evaluation of their suitability for the role.

Strengths:

Channel 10 Lenny has several assets that make him a strong candidate for the role of a moderator. Firstly, his stated availability during times when other moderators are less present could be a valuable asset to the server. This availability could mean quicker response times for players in need and help maintain a positive roleplaying environment.

Additionally, Channel 10 Lenny's active engagement with the RP community is a positive attribute. As a moderator, it's important to be present and engaged with the community to ensure everyone has a positive experience.

The candidate's neutral demeanor when dishing out punishments is another essential aspect for a fair and impartial moderation team. This can help establish trust and respect among players and ensure a positive roleplaying environment.

Finally, Channel 10 Lenny's full commitment to the role, with the time to contribute 100% to the position, job permitting, is a great sign of dedication to the server and its community.

Weaknesses:

Despite these strengths, Channel 10 Lenny does have some weaknesses that should be considered before making a final decision. Firstly, the candidate's lack of experience in Garry's Mod could present a challenge in familiarizing themselves with the specific rules and regulations of the server and the game.

Furthermore, as this is the candidate's first application, it's unclear if they have any experience in the application process. This lack of prior applications could be a concern as the application process can provide insight into a candidate's suitability for the role and their understanding of what is expected of a moderator.

The candidate's lack of awareness of staff rules is another concern. A thorough understanding of the rules and regulations is necessary for a moderator to effectively enforce them.

Finally, the significant age difference between the candidate and the target audience, with the average age of the server's players being between 13-16 years old and the candidate being 26, could present a challenge in connecting with the target audience and establishing a good rapport with them.

Conclusion:

In conclusion, Channel 10 Lenny presents several strengths, including availability, RP community interaction, and a neutral demeanor. However, the candidate also presents some weaknesses, including a lack of experience in Garry's Mod, no prior applications, a lack of awareness of staff rules, and a significant age difference with the target audience. Based on this information, it would be advisable for the server to consider alternative candidates before making a final decision. -1

says exactly whats shown and id go with then -1