DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

mossly's staff application

mossly

In-game name: mossly or some variation thereof
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):
Warns:  none atm
Timezone: EST
Playtime?: | ch10 Plaguelord Mossly has played for 320:05:06.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes (medal)

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] 

Past experiences as staff: [Optional]

-6y admin on ByB darkrp

-1 year superadmin on a spacebuild server

-superadmin on like 4 or 5 different failed servers 

-a short stint admin on a normal building server before I didn't have a laptop for like 4 years

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

As anyone who's played with me can attest, I have a commitment to helping new players and resolving disputes. Over my long tenures as admin on other servers, I made staffing a priority; I do not believe in choosing to "RP" when there are many pending reports and the player base is dissatisfied. I tend not to break rules and will admit when I have and readily admit fault in other situations as well. I have a special affection towards new players; I regularly spend time helping them out or just giving them lots of money (see: 90% of my serious suggestions).

Coupled with this, I am active on the server, discord, and forums. You may also have seen my long string of complaints regarding how staff is not doing enough or new players are being driven away; this is because I think a growth mindset is necessary for any server administrators/managers. We may have a large playerbase now, but as people grow and change and drop GMOD for responsibilities, get bored, etc. it is imperative that we have a constant flow of new players. One of the best ways to do this is to ensure that they have a positive experience on the server. A few factors that may contribute to player longevity are

-Positive interactions with long-standing players. As regulars, we have a responsibility to ensure we are nice to people; sucks, I know. If people see staff members or high-level players being assholes, why would they stick around?

-Staff responsiveness. If people feel that their needs as players aren't being met, there are a myriad of other servers they could choose (bad)

-Staff objectivity. This is self explanatory. One easy way to do this is to not take sits from your own clan members.

I think that I would be able to do all those things with enjoyment.

The other main reason you should choose me is I absolutely love conflict mediation. I will actively choose dealing with reports over RP any day of the week.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details

Oh yeah. 

-MRDM on this server (one valid because I was stabbing people as hobo lord, mea culpa, one because some dude kept walking up and insulting people until we killed him and then, once he reached about 6 kills from each person, decided to report like 4 people for MRDM. I know it was wrong, but we all thought he was in on it.)

-A lot on ByB (but I was like 14-17 so that's expected). However, a lot of that was due to intentional rule pushes which caused the rule list to go from a vague list of ten to a more specified list that was better for players and admins, reduced complaints of unfairness from players, and made adminning easier, so it was a net positive.
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?:

Nope, but I figured more active staff were needed and it is something I am experienced with.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

Probably like 15-25 hours a week. I work full time but I play often, so I can't give a truly accurate answer.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?

Guitar, piano, climbing, foraging, mycology, hiking, reading.

Did you read the staff rules?:  ch10 Plaguelord Mossly

Strengths:

Mossly has a strong commitment to helping new players and resolving disputes. With over 6 years of experience as an admin on ByB darkrp, 1 year as a superadmin on a spacebuild server, and short stints as a superadmin on other servers, he has a wealth of experience in staffing and has made it a priority in his gaming experience. Mossly's dedication to helping new players is evident in his regular interactions with them and his willingness to spend time helping them out.

Mossly is also active on the server, Discord, and forums. He is vocal about the need for staff to be responsive to player needs and to maintain objectivity in their decision making. This growth mindset is important for any server administrators/managers and will contribute to player longevity. Mossly's passion for conflict mediation and his willingness to prioritize dealing with reports over roleplaying is another strength that could prove valuable in his role as a staff member.

Weaknesses:

One weakness that may affect Mossly's performance as a staff member is his history of bans and punishments on servers. Although he has experience as an admin, he has been banned twice on this server, once for a valid reason and once for a situation that involved multiple players. This history of rule-breaking may raise concerns about his ability to enforce rules and maintain objectivity in his role as a staff member.

Final Thoughts:

Mossly has a strong commitment to helping players and resolving disputes, a growth mindset, and experience in staffing. However, his history of rule-breaking may or may not affect his performance as a staff member and should be considered when making a decision about his application.

+1

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, xFish said:

+1

We may not have always seen eye to eye on some things but hey, Im a dumbass so disagreeing with me makes a lot of sense. I've seen how you are in game, and you have a good application soooooo good luck!

Don't put yourself down; you're smart, trustworthy, and capable. Even though we've disagreed on a few things, you've always been polite and able to articulate your points and it has been rewarding to debate with you (even if it is over inane gmod stuff).

• Like 2

Fix this:

21 hours ago, mossly said:

SteamID (https://steamid.io/):

+1: Active enough, the app is decent, mature enough, experienced with the community but not experienced enough with the server rules, sometimes has a troublemaker attitude but never a minge, known enough within the community. I never expected Mossly to become a mod but they could be a good one. When you get accepted you will realize how some of the stuff you mentioned is false, but you have to give it time. Good luck!

• Like 2