DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Number the Rules

Baiter

Description: Have each sever rule numbered in their section. For example under General Rules, No. 5 would be do not spam and Roleplay Rules No. 1 would would be do not RDM, etc....
Examples underneath rules would not be numbered.

Reasoning: I believe this would be a simple quality of life improvement for both players and staff. It would make it easier for people to find and reference a specific rule(s). It would also make them easier to read and follow overall. 

Additional Information: See below example.

spacer.png 

• Winner 1

+1

Makes perfect sense to me.

Also, this isn't an old screenshot, the rule about "Do not RP in Spawn" should probably changed, since we have COVID Spreaders instead of Rapists now

+1

All I saw was numbers to rules and I'm immediately on board with this idea. Going into a sit and explaining to a player what rule they broke by number would be revolutionary. Helps the staff with notifying them of the rule and the player in knowing the rule in the situation.

+1

Would make staff members lives more endurable in those situations, telling them the rule number instead of finding it themselves copying/pasting it in chat and explaining it to them and where to find it.

• Like 1

+10000 was recently in a sit and needed to refer to a specific rule and ended up having to describe "its the line from the bottom in ______ section" having all the rules numbered so they can easily be referenced is a no brainer.

• DarkRP Administration Team

REAL! This would make quoting the rules to new people so much easier if I could just say "Check rule 3 on Building and Basing Rules" cuz right now it is a pain in the ass.

Big +1

• DarkRP Administration Team

+1

It makes sense, so that it aids as a quick reference for players to find them more easily. I've handled sits in the past where I'd say something like "Your RDM sign is too small" and have to guide them to where it's mentioned in the rules, which takes some time. This way I could say "Check out rule 33" (I made that number up lol) but they could then quickly scroll to see where it's mentioned. Much easier.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • DarkRP Management Team

Denied

Numbering the rules seems to be a good idea on paper, even I supported it at first, but a point was brought up to me that, if we number the rules, more than likely, staff will refer to the rules by their numbers and expect players (new and old,) to go look that rule up. While it would be easier to find, I feel as though referencing rules by their number rather than their content will only cause additional confusion, due to staff not fully explaining the rule in its proper context.

Thank you for the time & effort you put into your suggestion!

• Merk locked this topic