Auto Lockdown/Countdown

Description: Instead of broadcasting, waiting 30 seconds, and pressing the start lockdown, compress it into one button that explains the reasoning for the lockdown and gives a timer until it starts.

Reasoning: Most mayors do not utilize a timer and most players won't really know quite when the lockdown will hit. There are a lot of people that will start the lockdown right next to an unsuspecting player just to arrest the second the lockdown goes into effect. This woul make sure that the people know exactly when the lockdown will start, and so that mayors don't wait too long or too little to start the lockdown. if you are wondering about the reasoning part, it is sort of like how you need to put in the reason for arresting someone.

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE] none

• Like 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • DarkRP Administration Team
Posted (edited)

Neutral

I do see the benefits of this for sure, it would be a much simpler and easier way for the mayor to initiate a lockdown without the need of manually keeping an eye on a timer, which distracts from the RP. On top of that, it would also assist new players in the role as there's less to think about.

My reason for staying neutral is because I differ in my objective / subjective take on this, and as this post is simply expressing my own opinion, the subjective side becomes relevant.
I'm actually a fan of the vanilla play-style where you have to keep track of things yourself. Theoretically, we could add a lot to the server to essentially remove the need for most commands, but I prefer playing on Garnet because it keeps the tradition of using chat-commands, as it has been throughout its glory days. If everything was UI driven with automated timers, you could objectively argue that it would be more intuitive, but I think it would just loose its appeal and become a tad uninteresting. Learning the new commands almost seemed like learning a new job, it didn't come straight away but when you finally grasped it, you felt good, and really engaged within the role and made the most of your new commands.

Call it nostalgia I guess, but back in my day we had to type "/ibuytheseprinterseverytimeyeahonfuckinggarnet" in chat every time we wanted to buy a high-tier printer 😄 The youth of today will never understand....

Edited by ChrisRid
  • The Garnut

I'm the one who will ultimately have to work on these features/implement them, but I genuinely think the whole "vanilla/nostalgic" feel reasoning is a bit redundant/silly. For god's sake, it's an automated timer to type in the /lockdown command, what here would break your immersion or bring the server to non-vanilla standards ;( 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • DarkRP Administration Team
Posted (edited)

-1 You are technically supposed to announce that in 30 seconds a lockdown will start with a solid reason to warrant one, so players know there is a lockdown. This would be a waste of an add-on and keeps it away from being vanilla like Garnet stated. 

found the rule: 

• Lockdowns can last up to 5 minutes maximum with a 5-minute cooldown. You must give a valid reason for a lockdown such as (Mass lawbreaking, PD Raid, Assassination attempt etc.) The mayor must broadcast a warning 30 seconds before lockdown begins.
Edited by Chawhead
3 hours ago, Nutter said:

I'm the one who will ultimately have to work on these features/implement them, but I genuinely think the whole "vanilla/nostalgic" feel reasoning is a bit redundant/silly. For god's sake, it's an automated timer to type in the /lockdown command, what here would break your immersion or bring the server to non-vanilla standards ;( 

i miss bare bones drp but thats just me tbh

• Agree 3
2 hours ago, Chawhead said:

-1 You are technically supposed to announce that in 30 seconds a lockdown will start with a solid reason to warrant one, so players know there is a lockdown. This would be a waste of an add-on and keeps it away from being vanilla like Garnet stated. 

found the rule: 

• Lockdowns can last up to 5 minutes maximum with a 5-minute cooldown. You must give a valid reason for a lockdown such as (Mass lawbreaking, PD Raid, Assassination attempt etc.) The mayor must broadcast a warning 30 seconds before lockdown begins.

What I’m saying is that you state the reason in the command so that it announces the reason for the lockdown, gives the 30 second warning, and starts the timer at the same time.

• Disagree 1
3 hours ago, Nutter said:

We're almost LITEARLLY barebones DarkRP

+1

A barebones DarkRP feature that adds to the barebones DarkRP Server as Nutter has mentioned. Simple QoL feature.