United States Entry Problems

Dillan

As Prince said, the current you spawn on RU side isn’t really an issue, US still gets a steady stream of recruits regardless of this. I think changing it to Civ Undecided would be a better idea than having someone spawn on either side. 

But I do agree that having Marines as an entry faction hinders their potential, as a filtered large faction could actually be extremely effective. 

+1 to first suggestion, mixed on the second. 

Edited by Jesus
Changed my mind

+1 
This organization would help localize leadership and delegation, making the base faction region easier to manage.
+1
The spawns were changed so long ago for a reason that is no longer prevalent.  It would make sense to change the default spawn to neutral.

Not sure why there are replies giving the 2nd suggestion a -1 for the reason that US has been doing better.
Dillan explained that there are options; instead of just giving a -1, actually read the thing.

23 hours ago, Dillan said:

The solution is either make a nutral spawn once more, or rotate the default spawn to the United States. 

• Like 3
On 12/27/2019 at 1:18 PM, Dillan said:

2. Individuals spawning in RU side, should be set to US instead. - What I see is exactly what was happening to tali years ago. Yesterday was a good example. 23 US vs 50 plus RU. There was more 2GA then the entirety of the United States. While healthy for RU, its not healthy for the sever for competitive play. While you have a bunch of lower enlisted on your side is great, until you cant shoot any on the opposite side. While I don't have a screen cap of this, people on both sides are aware of this problem. The solution is either make a nutral spawn once more, or rotate the default spawn to the United States. 

Set it to civ undecided like it use to be back on taiga v3. Only reason it was set to RU in the first place was because this shit happened back on v3 and forest but it was 60 US vs like 20 RU. 

Also the fact that people will switch to RU recruit just to poach people in my mind should be fail rp. Not saying all US do it but the ones who do that's stupid and low as shit. But yes I would love to see the the civ undecided come back. But don't resort to poaching to get people. 

Edited by Gamma
5 hours ago, Gamma said:

Set it to civ undecided like it use to be back on taiga v3. Only reason it was set to RU in the first place was because this shit happened back on v3 and forest but it was 60 US vs like 20 RU. 

Also the fact that people will switch to RU recruit just to poach people in my mind should be fail rp. Not saying all US do it but the ones who do that's stupid and low as shit. But yes I would love to see the the civ undecided come back. But don't resort to poaching to get people. 

I take responsibility for that, but I was on goat whitelist, which can not be warned for FailRp. Along with this the marshal was aware and did not tell me to stop, and instead encouarged them to play for 2GA. It was the same tactics I used for tali years ago when I revived it.

On 12/27/2019 at 11:18 AM, Dillan said:

1. There should not be more then one entry faction per nation. - A golden rule, early on there was 11B and 9MR which was army and marines respectively, with marines having the opportunity to try out for 1MD, forcing them to not go after the rank of E4. The number distribution despite this on both sides was dominantly marines because frankly they look more appealing. However, when problems were becoming way to apparent they made 1MD a lesser tryout faction and made Army the only entry faction on the US side. This aided in actually reviving army with lesser skilled and green players, but also allowed marines to establish themselves as an option for players who weren't quit tier 2 level soc as its understood today. With 2 options, people will sway towards a single faction, which is apparent in this cap. There are other examples of this later on such as IJU entry and Navy Entry, which were an even higher extreme of this. 

+1

Michael, Hallows, and I have discussed this a little bit today (or yesterday, am writing at 3am)

I personally would like to talk to you and Conway about this, alongside Michael and Hallows. Please reach out.

On 12/27/2019 at 8:49 PM, Dan Gardner said:

What really should happen is connecting players spawn as Citizen in Village. There can be text signs explaining what new players need to do, and that would be it. This is how it was done in 2017/2018(i think) and I'm not sure why it changed. Both sides got reasonably balanced while letting players know they can join other sides.

^^ I like this idea as well. Seems like new players stick to RU when they do not understand mechanics to switch to US or are to lazy to. Making them PICK a side and not just be spawned into one is an easy fix that should overall make it more balanced.

+1

Something to add to this, Marines themselves actually agree that moving towards 1MD not being base would benefit not only themselves, but the rest of US. Allowing 11B to filter out the Minges/Trolls (like they used to) normally makes the rest of the factions have less Minges/Trolls to deal with. Obviously 1MD wouldn't have insanely difficult tryouts, but it would just be for the players who have an interest in playing for a little longer than a war or two. 

Right now, it's like throwing two options with one option being far more appealing. You stick a private in a room and ask them if they want to be in the Army, or become a Marine, a majority of the time they'll  be a Marine. This isn't an opinion, its stated as a fact with the numbers of Marine Enlisted continuing to rise, leaving 11B Enlisted, in the dirt. 

Good suggestion Dillan 👍

• 2 weeks later...

(with the addition of a class or weapon for incentive) i support making 1MD a tryout faction.   Army needs numbers and i wanna help as much as i can. My officers and I have  actually recently talked about the amount of Mingy Pvts and such getting in 1MD.  Which resulted in a rework of the training docs to be more descriptive and even the removal of some of the DI's that we have been getting complaints about.  

As far as 1MD. Myself and Marine officers. We are on board with making it a tryout faction. We actually have started a doc and a training in case 1MD did become a tryout faction so that we wont lose any time for whenever the decision is made. 

Other alternatives could include halting 1MD training for a couple weeks to keep the flow of Recruits coming to US  directed to army  or as some of you have said. Make it a tryout faction. 

Either one. We are okay with.

As far as removing 1MD as  a Whole? -1. (This is just  a  small observation but) The US kind of has, in my opinion ,  an extra incentive to join  simply because people want the title of Marine. Not for anything i have done or any other pas Gen as done. Just for the title of Marine.   And our numbers since i joined the server in august support that.  It also  kind of combats that RU has the Default Spawn  for everyone joining the server and most are either too stupid or too lazy to try and figure out how to play US so they just Stay RU anyway.  May not be the best or biggest supporting factor to Keep 1MD as a whole , but its something to think about.

• Cringe 4
  • Winner 1
1 hour ago, Garnet said:

I would be much happier with the removal of 1MD. Seems much more appropriate than having a tryout faction that is of lesser value than a country's entry faction.

What will happen to MARSOC? Also If you have rank in 1MD would it transfer to Army?

• Cringe 1
3 minutes ago, Dexx said:

What will happen to MARSOC?

You don't need Marines to have MARSOC. MARSOC would go back to being a normal SF faction, cap at O-6, operate how everyone else does without the added responsibility of keeping an eye on entry Marines.

5 minutes ago, Dexx said:

Also If you have rank in 1MD would it transfer to Army?

Likely.

• Informative 1
  • The Garnut
11 minutes ago, Dexx said:

What will happen to MARSOC? Also If you have rank in 1MD would it transfer to Army?

Nobody mentioned MARSOC in this thread, so if I were you i'd just assume it stays around, unless I explicitly state otherwise.

Best approach would be to yes, transfer Marines into Army.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Garnet said:

I would be much happier with the removal of 1MD. Seems much more appropriate than having a tryout faction that is of lesser value than a country's entry faction.

How would this work with Officers in 1MD? Would they transfer over to 11B? 11B has a pretty full Officer roster, this would create a flooded faction it would seem. If 1MD gets removed then would you want to add in say a Navy tryout faction, then have SEALs above them, just like 1MD and MARSOC is now without the tryout for 1MD?

• Cringe 4
  • The Garnut
Just now, Volatos said:

How would this work with Officers in 1MD? Would they transfer over to 11B? 11B has a pretty full Officer roster, this would create a flooded faction it would seem. If 1MD gets removed then would you want to add in say a Navy tryout faction, then have SEALs above them, just like 1MD and MARSOC is now without the tryout for 1MD?

Refer to the post directly above yours.