DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Clarification on why the servers are down

• The Garnut

NOTE: BEFORE YOU PROCEED READING, NO THIS IS NOT THE END OF GARNET GAMING. WE ARE NOT SHUTTING DOWN. 

Hello Garnet Gamers, some serious news today...

I'm not sure what's going to happen next, but at this time it looks like Facepunch (the studio who developed Garry's Mod) had decided to take down the servers of their top 5 communities, which include GarnetGaming, SuperiorServers, IcefuseNetworks, Moat, and Monolith. Since the Facepunch Forums were taken down, none of us were really given information as to why this occurred. Way to be organized or thankful for those few of us who have been dedicated to hosting servers within your platform for nearly a decade. 

At this point we can only guess that this occurred because of accusations of player/ping spoofing, etc seeing as this had occurred in the past with Superior Servers. All five of us have all had our influences on Garry's Mod over the years, with SuperiorServers having hands down the most well crafted, customized gamemodes with frequent updates and contributions to the development of Garry's mod, notably in bug fixing for YEARS. Icefuse being an enormous community with hundreds of thousands of members. Ourselves with at the very least pioneering the MilitaryRP category with Nutscript YEARS ago resulting in one of the biggest Gamemodes on the browser, and Moat with reviving the bland TTT category and popularizing a doomed gamemode.

I will keep you all updated with what happens next, I really hope this plays out well, because this has been an absolutely devastating start for 2020, especially after dedicating the last month of my life to exclusively working on the servers and doing absolutely NOTHING else.

• Sad 13
  • Informative 3
  • The Garnut

Here you can view our blacklist, right alongside Russian communities that literally ran hundreds of fake players for months, and had copyrighted, leaked content on their servers. We, the top communities are categorized with them.

krrD1Up.jpg

7 minutes ago, Garnet said:

At this point we can only guess that this occurred because of accusations of player/ping spoofing, etc seeing as this had occurred in the past with Superior Servers.

So its not like the server is down for good is it?

because if it is... 😞

Edited by Prince

Hope it gets fixed and resolved, i'm having trouble even figuring out how you would go about contacting Facepunch...

For now, people can still access the server on their legacy browser, its right smack dab in the recent servers list. Sorry this happened at the start of 2020 man. 😕

Frankly, this makes it a little difficult to get new players. However, the servers haven't been wiped from existence and there are still players on.

I assume this 'blacklist' means that GG and everyone else had their servers taken off the listing, in which case, both GG and an unnamed popular server still appear. I think it might just be a fluke, but honestly I think this whole thing is a fluke and nothing to panic over yet.

• Like 1
  • The Garnut
3 minutes ago, Prince said:

So its not like the server is down for good is it?

because if it is... 😞

Never said that, we're just temporarily down.

1 minute ago, dr_Sneakyy said:

well shit I really hope this is not the end of a era.

No, it's as easy as buying a new server with a new set of IPs. They more-so blacklisted us for using our current host's ddos protection plan, which without going into full details, has me paying 5 figures to host our servers every year. Why I always rant about not having too much money left over.

• The Garnut
Just now, Jerrr said:

I am still in on the server so is 29 people, im confused

The server is still up, and you are free to connect to it through console, no problems. It's not in the server listing unless in your favorites.

• Like 1