DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Clarification on why the servers are down

1 minute ago, Garnet said:

, it's as easy as buying a new server with a new set of IPs. They more-so blacklisted us for using our current host's ddos protection plan, which without going into full details, has me paying 5 figures to host our servers every year. Why I always rant about not having too much money left over.

So facepunch is against DDoS protection? Huh?

• The Garnut
Just now, Simon G said:

The server has been blacklisted from showing up in the server browser. You are still able to connect directly to the server with the IP.

MRP - 208.103.169.33:27017 DRP - 208.103.169.33:27015

Yes, thank you.

Connect 208.103.169.33:27015 

in console for DarkRP

Connect 208.103.169.33:27017

in console for MilitaryRP

• Informative 1

This is an unfortunate situation for sure. I agree with shrimps though that as a community we shouldn't be rushing into a panic. Buckle down, weather the storm for now. Like shrimps said, it'll make it harder to get new players into the server until it's dealt with, but there are still people on the server, we can still play and wait things out.

1 minute ago, Jerrr said:

I am still in on the server so is 29 people, im confused

The server isn't DOWN. It's just not showing up in the server browse menu along with several other servers.

• 300 IQ 1
  • The Garnut
Just now, ZachDLC said:

So facepunch is against DDoS protection? Huh?

As far as we understand, yes, our DDoS protection got us blacklisted and not for any other reason. It wasn't spoofed players/pings like I took a guess.

• Like 1
  • Community Director

Guess that guy that threatened to take the servers doesn't wasn't really "jk". Sounds like another power move by a game dev company, FiveM does this shit all the time. I hope it pans out. 

For those wondering the servers just don't show up in the listing you can still connect (ip) in your console.

Edited by AlexConway

I have some questions.

1. Why was the main servers that brought life to GMOD blacklisted. 

2. What is going to happen now since most MRP servers are on the blacklist 

3. Is there anyway that this can be fixed.

4. Please for the love of christ tell me this isnt going to be the end of GG 

• Cringe 1
  • The Garnut
Just now, Milton said:

This is an unfortunate situation for sure. I agree with shrimps though that as a community we shouldn't be rushing into a panic. Buckle down, weather the storm for now. Like shrimps said, it'll make it harder to get new players into the server until it's dealt with, but there are still people on the server, we can still play and wait things out.

Oh yeah, the people posting "is garnet gone for good" "is this the end of an era" really boggle my mind. 

We're not gone for good, but this is at the very least probably going to be a big headache that cost me way more money on hosting a server that is unlisted, or worse yet, forcing me to expedite our host to build a new machine for us to move to and hope we don't get blacklisted again.

• Like 3
  • Community Director
3 minutes ago, Vizii said:

I have some questions.

1. DDoS protection as garnet said

2. Just connect (ip) in console

3. Moving to a new machine or facepunch removing it

4. No, don't be dumb. People who are saying that have no concept of how this works

Edited by AlexConway
  • The Garnut
17 minutes ago, Garnet said:

NOTE: BEFORE YOU PROCEED READING, NO THIS IS NOT THE END OF GARNET GAMING. WE ARE NOT SHUTTING DOWN. 

Looks like I really had to clarify that point for some of you in the original post. Please stop posting ignorant shit regarding us shutting down, that was not stated, nor implied. It's a hiccup, however, as i stated in the original post:

18 minutes ago, Garnet said:

I'm not sure what's going to happen next

This may be resolved within an hour, a day, or a week.

Just now, Vizii said:

I have some questions.

1. Like Zach and Garnet said, DDoS protection is apparently against the rules which is super dumb.

2. It'll be hard for said servers to grow with new players until the situation is resolved, but overall the community thats already in the servers should keep them running.

3. TBD

4. Don't panic.

• Like 1