DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Alexander Conway - Staff Application

AlexConway

• Community Director

In-game name: Alexander Conway, Conway
Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 21
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:138807332
Warns: 1 (RDM - I shot someone right as war ended)
Timezone: EST
Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]: | 11AR 2LT Alexander Conway has played for 1755:40:05.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] YES
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] YES
Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] @Garnet@AwesomeAidan@JimTrash@Jerr
Past experiences as staff: [Optional] I am a current Forums Moderator, additionally I serve as TeamSpeak staff/guardian. In the past I have staffed for Garnet Gaming MilitaryRP, once as TAdmin (2016) and another time as Admin (2017). As well as Community Manager/Media Manager for a medium sized Garry's Mod community, many Arma 3/FiveM communities, and Graphics Developer in the early days of [Redacted]Fuse Networks.
How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs] Aside from dedication to activity in game, on teamspeak, and on the forums. As a previous staff and a long term member of the community, I find I have an advanced almost questionably good knowledge of the server's dynamics and it's rules. This can definitely pose helpful for members and current staff of this community.  I would sincerely consider myself dependable and accountable, which I feel as if the staff team can benefit from. Though I do tend to joke frequently, I have no question whatsoever that I would competently and effectively be able to be mature, unbiased, and a neutral viewpoint in any situation where it is required. 

From being a Career Counselor to 75 US Sailors and 32 Marines, I have a great way with handling strenuous situations, when tensions are high; I always have found myself able to manage to diffuse tough situations. Understanding things from a factual basis and a neutral viewpoint has always been something I have found comes natural. Additionally I can benefit the server in more ways than simply being a "sit taker", I have always found it important for the staff to reach out to members of the community when they are going through rough times, or simply getting more involved with the community. This is something both I have actual military training and practical experience. I would kindly like everyone for reviewing my application, I would love to join the staff team once again; Garnet is definitely a place I call home and I would love to be involved on MRP once again. 
Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details 1 ban in Fall 2016, it was appealed and accepted 3 hours later. 
Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: I have made 2 application on the old forums, once in Spring 2016 and once in Fall 2017, as well as my Forums Moderator Application; all of which have been accepted. 
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Currently I do have obligations to the Forums and Teamspeak, however to MilitaryRP I can fairly dedicate 4-5 hours a day on the weekdays, and 7-8+ on the weekends.

Edited by AlexConway
Thanks Dad <3 (Garnet)
  • Like 2
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Agree 1
38 minutes ago, Alex Conway said:

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] @evity@AwesomeAidan@JimTrash@proggy

+1, but what are those DRP staff doing there? 😂

Even though I'll probably be banned from the forums one of these days by you, you've been more then helpful in situations where you don't stand to gain anything (Reflex, for example), so I think you'd be a great choice for staff on MRP

✌️ -2GA PFC ZachDLC 

EDIT: Fuck it I'm staff add me to refs ig

Edited by Zach-DLC
Hey Conway, you're gay 😘. Dig the rainbow shit tho
  • Like 1

+1. Conway hasn't been here for a lot of my time on GG, but I know that he's put tons of work and effort into Army and as a previous staff member. Conway has the experience necessary that would benefit the server. Although, as an honest side note, Conway has some tendencies to push for a result in favor of his opinion, I don't feel that that would get in the way as him as staff on MRP considering he is TeamSpeak Guardian and the only Forum Moderator and is very well capable of being unbiased.

Edited by Torch
Check my edit history Conway
  • Like 1

+1

Conway only has good intentions within the server. I have seen active within in-game and on teamspeak. He is wonderful staff on teamspeak and forums. He shows no bias toward anyone and I believe he would make a great addition to the staff team

Feel free to add me to referrals. 🙂

• The Garnut

+1 he's proved to me time and time again he's capable of alot of good, and maturity shouldn't even be a question. He's an adult. 

You DO have your moments though when you're in disagreement with others, and that's something that would ultimately have to be worked on. Add me to your referrals if you'd like.

• Like 3

+1

Good application.

I had first hand experience today on how helpful you can be when it comes to fixing problems.

We have some differing opinions on how things should be done, but ultimately discussion leads to positive change. I enjoy people with different opinions  than my own.

In addition to the reasons above and my previous statements , I'd like to see you on the staff team.

• Like 1

Love him or hate him, Conway is a pretty smart guy. Super well versed in staff matters and a pretty competent decision maker. Certainly has his moments, but knows how to keep it mature.

Now all you gotta work on is not being public enemy #1. 

+1

• Like 1

+1

Since you have been back, you have been extremely helpful to the administration team with your information on past server precedents. You are a long time player of the community and will make an amazing addition towards the staff team. One thing that I would suggest that you work on is the way you come across as aggressive/controlling in certain situations.

• Like 1

+1 While me and him have been sorta going at eachother,  having had moments of disagreeing with him and with the faction I'm him against him, he has a pretty bad rap from some people, but me personally I can fully see his side and I can't really seem to have a major problem with him, I think he'd be a very good staff to enforce rules. 

-1 (Was told I can't neutral) | Yes, you can follow the rules, and yes you are an Adult (in longer terms, mature) however, as garnet stated, you have your times where you can be "bias" and tend to witchhunt.  If you can fix those, you have potential and i'll change my -1 to a +1.   None the  less, gl on your application 

Edited by Vac_
  • Agree 1