DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

As of 4/24, all remaining O-1 reserves on MRP will be wiped. Reserves will only be given out by the executive team on case by case situations. These case by case situations will be extremely rare and players must not be able to even log onto their computer for an extended amount of time. Reasons for reserves may include medical problems, military deployment, computer issues, and any other issue deemed fit by the executive team. The moment a player is able to log back onto the server, they are expected to come off reserves immediately and to continue progress in that faction. If a player is on reserves for an extremely long time without an end in sight, their reserves may be removed completely. A lot of the "guidelines" for reserves will be case by case situations and differ depending on the situation. I understand people may be upset about this decision but reserves have become a source of a lot of problems and rarely are a solution to problems.

• Like 1
  • Cringe 3
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 45
  • Agree 11
6 minutes ago, Homast said:

How long classifies as "extremely long"

Again, guidelines will be case by case. Let’s say someone has PC issues and wants to go on reserves for more than a month, they will probably be denied. But if someone has medical issues and needs to go on reserves for more than a month, they will probably be accepted.

• Agree 1

Welp, knew it was coming and I'm still sad to see this change occur.

I still don't understand why they were removed. I almost never heard or saw them abused apart from the people who used them while they were already in an active faction. Very rarely did I see or hear anything about someone coming back with reserves and having superiority complex/using it to abuse with ill intent. All this really is fucking over people like me who still want to play the server when they can but do not have a consistent schedule and have to take weeks if not months off the server.

Kinda late to complain though, I just don't understand why you'd implement new reserve guidelines and then just end up removing them anyways. Oh well.

• Cringe 2
  • Agree 2
  • The Garnut

gr_1ww1w6bgxv1w.png

gr_ps3c4hihnh4i.png

Here you go, a list of people composed mostly of those who abuse the reserves system and don't contribute to any one specific faction, because they're too busy being inactive or hopping between them.

• Cringe 7
  • Spicy 6
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
5 minutes ago, Garnet said:

gr_1ww1w6bgxv1w.png

gr_ps3c4hihnh4i.png

Here you go, a list of people composed mostly of those who abuse the reserves system and don't contribute to any one specific faction, because they're too busy being inactive or hopping between them

I play consistently on Army and 2GA every time on the server when I am on, which are the only two factions I play on and are apart of. The reason why I don't get taken off reserves  on either of them is because I cannot hold a consistent enough schedule to the server due to real life issues that require me to take weeks if not months off the server completely.

It makes no sense to me that you are removing the reserve system completely just because there are issues with faction hopping (Which I rarely ever see) instead of finding a viable "work around" solution to that issue. No idea why the management team jumped the gun to completely removing the system when there are people like me who use it fairly and with its original intent. What I'm trying to say is that just because people disagree with the decision to completely remove reserves doesn't make them a faction hopper or make them inactive either. Of course there may be some people who do that, but there are also just as many people who use the reserve system properly.

I'm sad I can no longer play the server and help out the factions I've spent months if not literal years playing on without having to be reset back to PVT every time I have to take breaks from the community. But please don't automatically assume most of those people on that list are faction hoppers who haven't worked hard contributing to the faction and to the community.

• Like 3
  • Cringe 3
  • Agree 1
  • The Garnut
1 hour ago, PrisonNightmare said:

I play consistently on Army and 2GA every time on the server when I am on,

I was not referring to you in the whole "faction hopping" ordeal.

It makes no sense to me that you are removing the reserve system completely just because there are issues with faction hopping

The reaeson for removing reserves is that currently players simply leave the community for an extended length of time, and just come back right into having a rank on the server while having build 0 relationships with the new playerbase, skipping all forms of progression. Super unfair towards new players in my opinion.

instead of finding a viable "work around" solution to that issue

Maybe because it's pointless and no other server does it?

I'm sad I can no longer play the server and help out the factions I've spent months if not literal years playing on without having to be reset back to PVT every time I have to take breaks from the community.

It is unfortunate, however, I and many others who are overlooking the server can see that it's severely hurt progression for players, when people can pop up out of the blue and have authority over them. As me and Aidan have spoke about, there will be some exceptions, in which I can see somebody like you being one of the few to apply. You've been here for YEARS and I have had 0 issues with you.

But please don't automatically assume most of those people on that list are faction hoppers who haven't worked hard contributing to the faction and to the community.

Unfortunately, that is how I feel about multiple people in that list. (Coyote was just gone for close to a year, Cameron is NOT active, Buddha literally did not play MRP for months as far as I'm concerned, Optic Gunner hasn't played MRP) 

• Disagree 1
7 minutes ago, Garnet said:

Buddha literally did not play MRP for months as far as I'm concerned,

I don't have reserves for any faction. I did for GB, when I had helped out in the faction and was a great enlisted, but those were wiped by Jackal 2 and a half years ago. I just disagreed on how the situation was handled. First, reserve rules were spoken about. Next, only O-1 reserves were allowed, which seemed extremely reasonable. Finally, after a couple more days, reserves were wiped and removed entirely. As Prison said, there are people who do not abuse the reserves system, who love playing on the server, and want to return to their favorite factions either out of nostalgia, old friendships, assisting the current leader, or medical/involuntary leave. Yes, there are cases of those abusing the reserves system, but this would be easy to combat with both staff and faction leaders working in tandem. For all these years, the reserves system was almost unique to Garnet in the sense that it allowed horizontal progression in SOCs rather than forced vertical progression. Prime examples of reserved used properly is @Ozzy. While still an active Vega member, he will occasionally hop on PDSS reserves to help with tryouts, hang around other PDSS, contribute ideas for the faction, and use the reserves he was given for leading the faction previously for it's intended purpose. Although you are the owner, and you've spent tremendous time working on bettering the server, I didn't quite understand the reasoning for the removal of reserves. Almost no one I would talk to would complain about reserves, other than about the few people who had reserves in almost every faction. In fact, a lot of people were eventually OK with the idea of keeping O-1 and above reserves. I strongly suggest that we keep reserves, set the minimum rank to qualify at O-1, have prerequisites such as the amount of work and time dedicated to a faction, and have staff and faction leaders work in tandem for a case by case reserves system. Most people on the server don't abuse nor use their reserves to detrement the server, and those that do are quickly removed from the roster. It is your descicion at the end of the day, but this ends up hurting more people than it was intended to benefit. 

• Cringe 1
8 hours ago, Garnet said:

The reaeson for removing reserves is that currently players simply leave the community for an extended length of time, and just come back right into having a rank on the server while having build 0 relationships with the new playerbase, skipping all forms of progression. Super unfair towards new players in my opinion.

How though? The management team literally just restricted reserves to essentially an E-4 rank that can do debrief/sims if they get explicit permission from the highest possible officer within that faction. The rules also state one must wait two full weeks plus the normal cooldown of the rank they plan on coming back on in order to get off reserves. I imagine within that time frame the person that was on reserves can reconnect with the community and the faction leader can use their discretion to see if said reserves player is still capable of handling the officer position. If said reserves players are immediately coming back and expecting they can resume normal officer duties/responsibilities then they are breaking server rules, and they should have their reserves taken away. I really do not see how that could be in anyway unfair to new players, nor I doubt they would even care. I also don't see how they skipped any forms of progession, they already

Now I agree if a player is still within an active faction and has reserves on other factions, they should have their reserves taken away/removed on said faction. I don't think the complete removal is called for though. I think the current system needs to be revised.

I don't believe it is a pointless feature, plenty of people used the system the way it was written without any issues. There are probably some issues with the current way we do reserves, but I really think it should be looked into getting the system revised rather than just completely removing it. 

This is how I'd rework the current reserves system: Do not allow anyone that is in an active faction to have reserves on any other faction. Only allow people who have consistently dedicated their time to one faction the ability to have reserves on said faction. Allow them to play with the reserves rank, but if they choose to return active within the community again then the reserves will be removed. Essentially the person would only be able to retain one reserves spot in one faction, and can not have reserves in multiple factions. Probably explained this like shit but its 6:30 AM I need sleep lol, hopefully I got my point across.

It is unfortunate, however, I and many others who are overlooking the server can see that it's severely hurt progression for players, when people can pop up out of the blue and have authority over them. As me and Aidan have spoke about, there will be some exceptions, in which I can see somebody like you being one of the few to apply. You've been here for YEARS and I have had 0 issues with you.

I already went over how I don't see the current reserves system is hurting the progression for players with how the current system is. With the current restrictions and time it takes to get off reserves it shouldn't hurt the community at all, can you explain how you see the current system hurting the progression of players even with the current restrictions that were supposed to be put in place? I know you said that people are apparently coming back and acting like they have any authority over newer players, but that shouldn't be happening.

I probably repeated a lot of stuff in this, and if I did I apologize. I just don't think this is how the reserves system should be, people who used the system properly shouldn't be punished because others abused the system. Especially when there are already other restrictions and rules that come with being on reserves that should be stopping the abuse from happening in the first place.

Edited by PrisonNightmare
  • Like 2
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Agree 1

Small spiel as I'm not active in the community much (if at all?) anymore. The way you've shared how this "case-by-case" will work is unfortunately likely the best you'll get with a system that won't be abused, so long as it doesn't extend past legitimate reasons for an extended absence - meaning absolutely nobody should be given a special case as a previous leader for any reason. (yeah, the rest of my post is rather useless, do note I don't agree with it and I'm upset that it had to come to this but I understand that it was well required).

3 hours ago, AwesomeAidan said:

I understand people may be upset about this decision but reserves have become a source of a lot of problems and rarely are a solution to problems.

Entirely understand how reserves in the state that they were in were being abused, however I disagree with the removal of reserves near entirely (aside from your "case-by-case" special scenarios).

I know that there are people who put tons of work into the faction(s) that they play over the course of their overall playtime. I've done so myself. It's already bad enough that people have these inherent bias' against eachother over rumors of what they did or didn't do in a faction, and having a title that you may have earned stripped from you is in some sorts disrespectful.

Speaking for myself here: I'm not in the same scenario as PrisonNightmare. Nor am I in the exact scenario as Buddha. I've put my work into Green Beret and SSO, even disregarding my past leadership of both of them I spent countless hours creating documents (rosters, tryouts, guidelines - all of which have not been properly cared for and destroyed by leaders down the line; but that's another rant for another time) for various faction leaders and working with them (and entry factions) to (at least the intent was to) create a better experience for everybody involved. The result of that and whether it was "good" or "bad" is highly subjective, more so when the community has such fierce and varying opinions on leadership and officer work.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Garnet said:

I was not referring to you in the whole "faction hopping" ordeal.

Unfortunately, that is how I feel about multiple people in that list. (Coyote was just gone for close to a year, Cameron is NOT active, Buddha literally did not play MRP for months as far as I'm concerned, Optic Gunner hasn't played MRP) 

I always played MRP I just never been consistently active.  I would play certain periods of my time here.   mained Mrp for a good week recently but then my attention turned somewhere else. But I used to play a ton while back. Yeah I'm definitely inactive but I think it would be unfair to say people are just abusing the system now.  It was always an issue big or little it was just never really addressed in a way like this. And yes I held an officer position. I was a MAJ back then.

Edited by OpTic Gunner
4 hours ago, Garnet said:

gr_1ww1w6bgxv1w.png

gr_ps3c4hihnh4i.png

Here you go, a list of people composed mostly of those who abuse the reserves system and don't contribute to any one specific faction, because they're too busy being inactive or hopping between them.

I disagree, as the last two Officers I have came off reserves to help me out, something I'm very grateful for.

I really don't see the need for this, I think it was fine that all reserves requests needed to go through the management team, and all that could be given was O-1 reserves.

This seems incredibly short sighted and an overreaction to certain factions being a bit too liberal with handing them out.

There's no way for me to politely say how strongly I disagree with this, so I'll leave it at that.

As an aside, why not post this at a time that everyone would see it? It's early morning hours for most players. Unless this was done as a deliberate attempt to avoid backlash, it makes no sense to me. People need to know about stuff like this.

Edited by Praetor_Don
  • Like 3
  • Agree 4

I personally don’t really care about reserves being wiped. I just think that it is a tiny bit annoying that people who led their faction to the point where they disregarded all irl shit are ignored. There are many many cases of this. I guess I will speak on behalf of SSO, because that’s what i spent so much time in. Most of you know Ethan Greshnev, he was the leader of SSO for 1 1/2 years. While he had his ups and downs, he was an amazing leader. I just don’t understand why he would just get ignored and his dedication to SSO (and GRU) get thrown out the window. Again, I don’t really care because I only had reserves for SSO, but the thing I would have liked was a tiny bit of a heads up. Maybe give us a 2 day notice? that would have been perfect for people to come back to get off reserves if they had time. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1