DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Fake Printers / Warn Baiting

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]

So in ooc people were getting into altercations because one person decided to put props down that looked like printers and put printers near them to mimic a printer sound and mimic the look of a printer. Some people were arguing that "Its just a vital prop for their base and its not against the rules." My suggestion is that yes you allowed to do that but cops shouldn't be warned for false warrant when in fact the people in this base are just trying to bait cops to get warned.

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]

Less unnecessary warns for PD who think that its a printer 

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]

BcdPuNA.png

• Agree 3
  • Forums Moderator
4 minutes ago, Colorz said:

Person who did it should receive a punishment.

You're allowed to bait all you want. The person who's doing it can't get a warn. But I agree that cops who warrant shouldn't be issued a warn for this.

+1

+1 this has caused multiple issues in dark rp already how ever what if the player has it as a part of their base frozen  basicly what im saying is this can cause more issues as it it making this a warn able offence. Not just that but the real warn able offence is also spamming these around the map making people advert steal and cause more issues so it should be warn able if the player who made them is using them as bait and not just having them 

+1 it should be allowed to use the fake printers, but reporting someone for warranting you if you do so is hella cringe. The person who reports the cops should be warned for false report in this case.

+1

Was baited by this and was "let off the hook" by the guy who ran the base in the screenshot, he threatened other officers with warns cause of it. 

Its cringe to have fake printers that can easily be mistaken due to the fact that at the time he also had real printers making sounds. Impossible to tell the difference unless a seasoned DRP player and PD should not get threatened for that bull.

On 5/1/2020 at 3:07 PM, HOT-GIRL said:

+1 this has caused multiple issues in dark rp already how ever what if the player has it as a part of their base frozen  basicly what im saying is this can cause more issues as it it making this a warn able offence. Not just that but the real warn able offence is also spamming these around the map making people advert steal and cause more issues so it should be warn able if the player who made them is using them as bait and not just having them 

+1 i agree with hot girl cops should not get warned because from there angel they see printers,but from the baser's angel there fake.I think its not fair for cops to get warned.

• Agree 1

I agree with Proggy

On 5/1/2020 at 6:18 PM, proggy said:

+1 it should be allowed to use the fake printers, but reporting someone for warranting you if you do so is hella cringe. The person who reports the cops should be warned for false report in this case.

On 5/2/2020 at 12:23 AM, GrandDaddyStalin said:

+1 Staff members should take into Consideration that the person is purposely baiting a cop to warrant the person

Right, Therefore the cops shouldn't recieve a warn whatsoever as from that distance you can see it looks like a printer.

+1

-LASDSheriffDog

See you soon.....

• Agree 2

+1, I can see where your coming from with the fake printers and all.  However you can also clearly see their not the texture for printers which is something people don't pay attention to.  Granted most players don't know but still, this can be avoided if you familiarize yourself with decals/materials with how their made.

I do have to agree though that if the scumbag makes a report about the fake printers on the cop for false warrant should be warned for false report as they're deliberately baiting warrants.  The person doing the bait shouldn't be warned however as your allowed to bait as already stated by eli_:

On 5/1/2020 at 4:36 PM, eli_ said:

You're allowed to bait all you want. The person who's doing it can't get a warn. But I agree that cops who warrant shouldn't be issued a warn for this.

+1

Those props look like printers from afar so cops shouldn't be punished for this. If the suggestion gets implemented, anyone who keeps doing this should receive a verbal warning.

Edited by JC
  • Like 1