Ok bye Siberia?

Welp bye bye siberia. Its kinda upsetting bc imo i liked siberia better than delta but if it were to bring a larger playerbase then i would be fine cause its kinda weird playing with sub 80 players for most of the duration of the day. +1

+1 While I do love the Roleplay potential of Siberia, you can't help but notice the drop in players and just the sure size of the map.

But I would love to see the return of Delta and the increase in the player count.

Garnet, ya know what it is about the old maps? People join, like me, on them, we go through years of other maps and we wish we could go back, when the opportunity is presented we try and take it and guess what? It wasn’t the map they were missing, it was the community. News flash, people, the community is ever changing, my best times were on CSCDesert and TaigaForest, and I love them to death, not cause they were good, because my favorite moments are with my friends, and I spent the most time with my friends there.

• Agree 3
7 hours ago, Garnet said:

So now that we can see a pretty odd drop in population (Saturday with a peak of 64 players) a few days following the introduction of Siberia, can we switch off so I can feel safe again ty

Ao5zk4E.png

The rotation will go Delta > Taigaforest > Chaharikar

No offense, but I don't think this decision should be based on 2 days of data. The player count fluctuated before the reintroduction of Siberia (30d to 24d ago, although likely due to SWRP's opening) and had randomly jumped up 12d ago to start falling 6d ago (also before Siberia).

I ask sincerely that you let the map stay for a bit longer so that you could collect that data further before making a final decision; at the very least another week (its only 7 days).

And we have two sides of the community who prefer one map to the other (Siberia v Delta), so it seems we have an unvocal portion of the community in two counts. Personally, Delta wasn't the map I was looking for. It reinforced this heavy sniper meta that the community complains about often.

• Agree 2
54 minutes ago, Torch said:

No offense, but I don't think this decision should be based on 2 days of data. The player count fluctuated before the reintroduction of Siberia (30d to 24d ago, although likely due to SWRP's opening) and had randomly jumped up 12d ago to start falling 6d ago (also before Siberia).

I ask sincerely that you let the map stay for a bit longer so that you could collect that data further before making a final decision; at the very least another week (its only 7 days).

And we have two sides of the community who prefer one map to the other (Siberia v Delta), so it seems we have an unvocal portion of the community in two counts. Personally, Delta wasn't the map I was looking for. It reinforced this heavy sniper meta that the community complains about often.

A day before siberia was out chaharikar literally reached 100+ players
And chaharikar averaged around 100 players everyday. I dont know where you got that 30d to 24d thing from but its not correct

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lark said:

A day before siberia was out chaharikar literally reached 100+ players
And chaharikar averaged around 100 players everyday. I dont know where you got that 30d to 24d thing from but its not correct

Literally from the screenshot that Garnet shared himself. There are pockets of activity that aren't related to the map. Now, don't get me wrong, there are some obvious cases but two days of data doesn't show anything. The drop in player count could entirely be unrelated to the map, or it could, but there just isn't enough data to say otherwise. Do note that there are places that are currently opening up from their Coronavirus quarantines which will very likely have an affect on the average player count, as there are plenty of people who returned specifically because they were stuck at home.

If you'd like a better analysis, here ya go:

spacer.png

This is the original image posted by Garnet. (You can compare both by copying the image address if you really want to check)

Chaharikar released a little less than two months ago (57d ago, March 9th). So, did something else happen 30d ago that could've sparked higher average player count?

Yes. The event server had its first event with the return of shrimps after a health emergency. Now, we lack data from before 30 days ago so this could've been the average beforehand, or it couldn't have. It's best not to assume the data that we had beforehand so I'm only going to be looking at data from at most 30d ago using the graph that Garnet has posted.

The average between 30d and 28d is (estimated) 112 to 118 players. At around (again, estimated) 27d, however, the average drops to 100. Stays stable at 100 until 26d where it drops down to 96, and by 24d it had gone from 112 to roughly 85. 24d would be April 9th, a Thursday. Average player count drops further to 70-72 on 23d, a Friday. Server looks to have been offline for a period of time the following night, average player count is upped back to the 100 range - Saturday, April 11th. The Sunday after it drops back to the 70 range. So, for the 27 days before Siberia, we can estimate the average.

These are all estimated to be best of my ability.

30d: 112 - Friday, April 3rd, 2020
29d: 118 - [PEAK]
28d: 100
27d: 100
26d: 96
25d: 90
24d: 70 - [LOW] For reference, this is the release of SWRP (April 9)
23d: 100 - Friday, April 10th, 2020
22d: 80
21d: 94
20d: 105 - Monday, April 13th, 2020 [PEAK]
19d: 75 - [LOW]
18d: 92
19d: 94
16d: 92 - Friday, April 17th, 2020
15d: 96
14d: 92
13d: 90
12d: 94
11d: 112 - Wednesday, April 22nd, 2020 [PEAK]
10d: 112
9d: 110 - Friday, April 24th, 2020
8d: 100 - [LOW]
7d: 112
6d: 112 - Monday, April 27th, 2020 [PEAK]
5d: 100
4d: 96 - [LOW]
3d: 98 - Wednesday, April 30th, 2020

(All of the estimated averages add up to 2742, divide by 27 for 101.5 repeating)

That makes the average for the month of April: 101(.5 repeating).

Why is it all of that important? "You proved my point." This is data analysis - we're able to do this with (only a portion of) the time we recently spent on Chaharikar, we're not able to do this with Siberia. 3 days worth of data is not enough to claim that the map has caused a lower average player count. Give it at least 7 days so that you (Garnet) can further collect averages before deciding to swap the map.

EDIT: Although we don't know what is currently going on in their community, Redactedfuse also experienced in a drop in their average player count 6d ago to today. It wouldn't be safe to assume that it is or isn't related, so it is definitely something to keep in mind.

MfbcsGS.png

Edited by Torch
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin
59 minutes ago, Lark said:

I dont know where you got that 30d to 24d thing from but its not correct

Buddy, the graph in the beginning of the thread literally shows it. He used facts whereas you’re using generalizations. Not to mention the same graph literally debunks your claim of:

1 hour ago, Lark said:

chaharikar averaged around 100 players everyday.

Siberia hasn’t had a strong start, that’s undeniable. Whether that’s because a map change, SWRP advertising, or other exterior factors remains to be seen. I’d hope the map can stay for at least another week to gather more data.