Warns: None

Timezone: PST

Playtime?: 545 Hours 

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO]

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Bishop

Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional] None

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I believe one of the reasons I am more qualified as a GM then other appliers is because of my experience roleplaying in video games. In the past I have played tons of MRP, (roughly 2000 hours) and have played in factions with people such as Ethan and Shrimps, two  people who are very heavy on roleplaying. Along with this for the past month I have been playing SWRP and roleplaying here within the server. I attempt to incorporate RP alot within my own faction(s) whether that be tryouts, medical RP, comms on operations, etc. I have had to increase my RP quite a lot since my change to RC Boss, as RC is a much more lore driven battalion. For example, the tryouts I created are very RP heavy, and almost entirely lore based. Finally, I have been staff for quite some time now, so I am able to see staff chat, hear staff in TS, etc. Through this I have been able to see how successful events are created, and how not so successful events are created. This is important because it would mean I would need considerably less “monitoring” then other newer GMs, because I have seen how they operate. To add to this I have hosted my own events prior to this, just without the permissions of a GM.

Along with this playing SWRP has given me inspiration to watch clone wars for the first time, and from there I have stemmed a lot of ideas for events. I really do enjoy the events on the server but I believe I can bring more variety to the table in my events. I will not go into detail in this specific portion, but I personally would enjoy playing on them and my hopes are that the player base would too. Especially those who stick around for the later night activities, as that is when my peak activity hours are. And a finally, it will allow me to host RC tryouts without having to have to constantly ask other GMs for droid spawns, helping me fill the battalion up quicker as it is a droid heavy tryout.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details

None that have been severe enough for me to recall off the top of my head.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

Alot. Around 10 hours a day.

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: 

I believe the responsibilities of a gamemaster are to retain the player base by keeping them happy, engaged, and excited to return to the server. Along with this teaching the players how to RP and how to go in depth with it so they can create their own passive rp scenarios to continue the well being of the server. Along with this they need to be constantly gaining community feedback. By doing this they can learn how the player base reacts to certain events, then, they can edit how they plan to do future events.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: 

I would provide the Gamemaster teams RP by again, helping create a player base that is well rounded in rp that will eventually be able to have constant rp Scenarios going all the time. Along with this I promise to not only host my own events that I have planned but assist in every other one I get a chance to whether it be on the ground with the rest of the player base or with the Gamemasters Team. Along with this I would make sure I am constantly accessible for players to reach me. That way I can help make the future events better and more enjoyable for the player base overall.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server:

Because this is a long event it will be split into three portions, each portion being its own day.

Day One: On the first day of the event, a transmission to the Anaxes system from chancellor Palpatine would be received. In this transmission he would tell the current admiral that Count Dooku has been captured in a nearby star system. He says he would like Anaxes to hold Dooku in prison until the senate can convoke. He also informs us that there are already Coruscant guards watching him, so we would not need to provide our own men to watch him and we can continue regular base activity. After a few minutes the Anaxes station will receive another message from the nearby comms tower warning them of a large CIS Force in the nearby town. The admiral, fearing that these men might break Dooku out, sends all the forces to take out this threat. Meanwhile Count Dooku breaks out of his prison cell (which we later find out was a trap set by Darth Sidious, Dooku, and the Separatists disguised as Coruscant guards.) and escapes to his nearby ship which somehow had gotten onto the planet. The Admiral knowing this could change the tide of the war, sends all the forces to a Venator to follow him to retrieve Dooku. All the forces Board the Venator [map would change to Venator now] and the chase in hyperspace ensues. [End Day One]

Day Two: As Dooku jumps out of hyperspace, so do we. However, we jump out right next to multiple Seperatist ships. Realizing Dooku has placed us in a trap, the Venator frantically changes course to turn around, but it's too late. Instead of making the full 180 turn, the Venator turns 90 degrees and sets course towards a nearby planet. While heading to the planet the Seperatist ships shoot down the Venator, and we crash land on a planet [The Map would switch to crashed republic map now; note everything in MHB at this point would be “destroyed”]. While on this planet our power is completely gone. Waves of separatists ships constantly attack the downed ship for hours. [Note: This would mean half a day of Droid attacks. During this Staff would Help CDRs get new CTs into factions by having a trial phase (skipping tryouts just for one day). If the CDR feels the CT is adequate, he may let him in, if not he will stay on his trial phase until return to anaxes for proper tryouts.] After a few hours of this the attacks start to let up. However, with no power we are left helpless for another night. [End Day Two]

Day Three: For the beginning of the day no droid attacks happen, which lowers clone morale because they believe they have been stranded. However, one more frigate enters the atmosphere. The clones shoot this one down, but manage to keep the brig intact. They board the brig of the frigate and re-establish comms with the anaxes system. The Anaxes System tells them they must survive one more hour before a fleet of ships can be sent on a rescue mission. Dooku, naturally, intercepts this comms message and begins to send heavy attacks, including him coming down to the planet. After a while of holding the separatists off, the fleet will appear in the sky and LAATs will come down to rescue the clones. [Map switches to Venator] For another hour or so. Regular base activities resume in the Venator. [Map switches to Anaxes, event complete].

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

Event 1: In this event Cad Bane enters the Anaxes base alone. He has to make it to the Med Bay where a senator is having an operation done after a recent accident which included him falling down a flight of stairs. [During this time Cad Bane runs in the base and kills clones at will, still moving swiftly and not obscuring off course] Soon after he captures the senator, Anaxes learns Cad Bane has captured a VIP Senator. Cad Bane takes off in a ship and pilots closely follow, attempting to shoot him down. They hit him a few times forcing him to land somewhere [Location for now unknown]. After this the pilots return to base not knowing where he landed. Because of this, clones must go to the comms tower to find a signal. What they don't know is comms tower is already overrun with Separatists droids. They have to clear out the droids, then hold the tower for 2 minutes while finding a signal. After surviving 2 minutes They learn his location is in the cells at the bottom of the caves. The clones must breach this area, then protect the wounded senator from Cad bane. They must push Cad Bane out of the caves by shooting him, while he returns fire. If he kills them all or kills the senator, the clones fail. If the clones lower him enough (near 1000 health), he escapes.

Event 2: The Anaxes System receives comms that a mad doctor nearby has developed a new strain of the blue shadow virus. They are tasked to go to the planet [Lunar Base] and arrest the mad doctor. The clones make their way to the very bottom of the base where the doctor is located. He informs the clones it is too late and he crushes the vial in his hand. At this point the clones have exactly one minute to get out of the base (Time will most likely be edited after testing). Those who don't make it out are trapped behind the doors. Those who do make it out get informed by the senator of the moon that a nearby planet has a root, which is the cure to the shadow virus. The clones who escaped will have ten minutes to find the root on this planet [Map being the small forest and beach map]. If they do not find it in time the moon gets shut down and all the clones inside die. If they do find it, which would be the more likely outcome, they are able to save all of the clones.

Event 3: Anaxes base gets word that nearby space pirates have captured a Republic supply ship [It would be common knowledge that this is a very important supply ship as it contains the items needed on a blockaded planet]. In Return for the supply ship and the passengers on board they want spice, and a lot of it. All the clones go to a nearby planet [Map does not matter] and prepare to bring them their spice. After making the deal the Ship gets shot by a nearby bounty hunter, whose identity is not determined until the end (not giving a specific reason because there is not another bounty hunter model yet). They get into their ship and begin to fly away. Now pilots would get into V or Y Wings and dog fight them. The outcome of this could lead to different endings. A will be if they shoot her down. B is if they fail to shoot them down.

Outcome A: The pilots manage to shoot their ship down. On the ground the troops manage to capture them. They take them back to anaxes for holding  (this could lead into separate events where separatists try to save them).

Outcome B: The pilots do not manage to shoot them down. The clones must then fight the space pirates in hopes of getting the spice back which they were tricked for. The space pirates have poor weaponry, so they would win.

Event 4: A Sith manages to make their way into the Anaxes base (preferably Ventress) from Hanger Bay 2, killing all the clones in her path. She goes to the generator room and begins planting bombs there, but is caught in the action. Because of this she detonates them early, shutting off the power and closing the HB2 door, trapping her in the base. The clones must find her and capture her while she moves stealthily in the dark. Meanwhile, General Grievous and his men work on a way of getting her out. The nearby Jedi get a distress signal of what is happening and come across Grievous and his droid army. If the Jedi are unable to stop Grievous by killing all their droids, it is up to the clones to capture Ventress (she has to survive for 10 minutes) before she can escape. If they stop Grievous, he escapes and Ventress gets trapped. The clones would then follow him to a nearby planet where he is, in hopes of destroying him once and for all. However, after his droids die, he escapes again. (Ventress being trapped could again lead into other missions.) If they fail to capture Ventress she would escape with Grievous, making the clones task of capturing them even more difficult.

Event 5: A nearby planet is torn with allying with the Separatists, or the Republic. The Separatists propose that if they can protect the planet from a republic invasion they join the Separatists, but if they cannot, then they join the Republic. Both Sides agree to only sending one fleet worth of men and vehicles. As soon as the clones invade, they soon learn that there are many more men then the separatists agreed to. The Republic still having a trick up their sleeve sends a LAAT full of Jedi to the planet to assist in the invasion. If the clones are able to destroy the separatists, they win the event. If they get overwhelmed however, they lose the event and are forced to retreat. Then the separatists would then launch an assault on the remaining forces, especially targeting the Jedi. [The map does not matter for this; the battalions would have to work together in their own strengths effectively to ensure victory in this event.]

Edited by Oatlife
  • Like 2
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • The Garnut

Would love to know why the choice to give him a disagree @JoeBudden - that could ultimately affect a decision on a staff application, but you did not follow up with an appropriate response. If you are simply doing it because you don't like this individual, we most definitely will have a problem.

• Agree 5

+1 

I gave my referral to Oatlife because as I mentioned on his staff application and RC one, he’s someone I can put a bit of trust into and he knows how to get things done himself. That would translate well over to the GM team because he could get own events done himself with his own vision. I don’t doubt that his knowledge of RP is enough to run fluid, extensive, and fun events for the playerbase. 

• Like 1
  • Community Director
1 hour ago, Garnet said:

Would love to know why the choice to give him a disagree @JoeBudden - that could ultimately affect a decision on a staff application, but you did not follow up with an appropriate response. If you are simply doing it because you don't like this individual, we most definitely will have a problem.

100% agree, I never understand why people do this.

Anyway,

+1 Oatlife, over the course of the past few weeks you have proved yourself capable of dedication to the server. I think you've proved yourself competent as a staff member, I'd love to see you assist the GM team. And similar to what @bishopil said, I think you can add a dynamic of RP based events, that would translate well into events.

• Like 1
  • Forums Moderator

Oatlife shows a huge amount of dedication to SWRP and truly wants to help it for the better. He is doing great things for the staff team, lead a strong battalion (91st), knows how to RP insanely well, and held up shock while we were in between CDR's. I think you'll do amazing things as a GM as well. Good luck.

+1

• Like 1

A big fat      +1

Oat has been a great friend ever since i joined the server, always respectable and has previous and current staff experience on this and other GG servers, as well as Faction leading experiences from his time on MRP and his current accomplishments here on SWRP. He has ideas and plans that could ultimately improve the server as a whole. From personal experience i know Oats RP can be pretty ingenuitive and in depth and i am excited to see what spicy events he has planned for us.

also i helped critique his app like a month ago when he wrote it so there's that.

Edited by BatHulkSmash
  • Haha 1