DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

More Female Representation Ingame

KyraKitty

3 minutes ago, Haqlash said:

I dont intend to be toxic but, are you fucking joking.

And for the record a lot of the models used are to provide a realistic aspect. The Metro Police models aren’t necessary accurate for police on a DRP server. Also some models are severely broken entirely and unusable from the start. Also for the most part, most of the female models all across workshops and GMod are anime girl models which obviously arent very RP to have.

Finally, this is a game, PLEASE leave social problems such as race/sex/etc. Out, people want to enjoy the game, and not worry about things changing because someone wanted to bring politics/social issues into the mix

Thank you for the feedback, I hear what you're saying. But this is more than a game, its a community. And i'm not talking about from the workshop. I'm talking about original models from half-life, there is a whole lot of unused models! 🙂

Edited by KyraKitty
  • Agree 1

I'm not going to go into any controversial issues but regardless of there being more females, I would enjoy seeing more variety in models. Especially since there are models that already exists that are not used, it would not be hard to implement them. I'd +1 this just because of my personal preference in seeing more options for models for the classes we already have. This can be represented by how all of the CP classes only have one model for each class.

1 minute ago, Calvin said:

I'm not going to go into any controversial issues but regardless of there being more females, I would enjoy seeing more variety in models. Especially since there are models that already exists that are not used, it would not be hard to implement them. I'd +1 this just because of my personal preference in seeing more options for models for the classes we already have. This can be represented by how all of the CP classes only have one model for each class.

I like this idea. I think adding the option for more models (Like we do for custom classes) would be a good idea. It gives the users more options to be the character they want to be. Im down for variety in the server. +1

As for female JOBS that would have to be a separate specific suggestion that you could bring up later on. But just adding more models to play as should be a easy thing to add.

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin
5 minutes ago, Haqlash said:

Also, unfortunately, regardless of the amount positive support this may receive, Garnet has made is very well known that suggestions to change the models in way or form is forbidden

If the models are already on the server, he may change em. Happened before.

And I don’t see the harm in adding female models. Sure it could be argued that the request is trivial. Then just make it a low priority. Y’all don’t need to act like she’s calling the server sexist and is asking for a culture reformation 😂 fucking hell

Edited by CAPT_Scoobs
  • Agree 6

Its a good idea, but maybe just add more models? I don't see why this has to be made a gender issue. Also, the reason we have not too many models as explained by @proggy is that we are trying to reduce the add-ons on the garnet server. If you can come up with add-ons for all of these that would both not require many if it all any downloads (so like a hl2 model or something) for the classes you want changed, and can go further then just gender equality, ill change it to a +1. Keep in mind though, this isn't going to change because there "isn't much diversity". I can understand where your coming from, but unless you can provide full on alternatives, along with full explanations for each class you want to change and why, im gonna say -1. For instance, can you list a alternative model/extra model(s) to add to the Weed Dealer? Also, combine are gender neutral, i don't see why your structuring that towards men only for CP. I could understand maybe something like police assault, but if you knew a bit about HL2 lore, you'd know the combine soldiers/combine cops are either aliens, or humans who have joined service in exchange for more food, better treatment, etc. Its a gender neutral job. -1 until you give a full comprehensive list of WHAT you want changed, along with model files for each of them, and reasons why they should be added. And i expect the reasons to be more then "gender diversity!" for each of them. That's not gonna cut it. Your gonna need to give reasons that fit each model, and if it is about gender, explain how it would benefit by adding a model of another gender. Try to keep the addons needed for this list to a minimum. Now, im not saying gender diversity is a bad idea in any way, i just want this structured out better, and better examples/requests being put forward, along with a good explanation for each class you want to be changed. 🙂

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Shin_Tsukimi said:

Its a good idea, but maybe just add more models? I don't see why this has to be made a gender issue. Also, the reason we have not too many models as explained by @proggy is that we are trying to reduce the add-ons on the garnet server. If you can come up with add-ons for all of these that would both not require many if it all any downloads (so like a hl2 model or something) for the classes you want changed, and can go further then just gender equality, ill change it to a +1. Keep in mind though, this isn't going to change because there "isn't much diversity". I can understand where your coming from, but unless you can provide full on alternatives, along with full explanations for each class you want to change and why, im gonna say -1. For instance, can you list a alternative model/extra model(s) to add to the Weed Dealer? Also, combine are gender neutral, i don't see why your structuring that towards men only for CP. I could understand maybe something like police assault, but if you knew a bit about HL2 lore, you'd know the combine soldiers/combine cops are either aliens, or humans who have joined service in exchange for more food, better treatment, etc. Its a gender neutral job. -1 until you give a full comprehensive list of WHAT you want changed, along with model files for each of them, and reasons why they should be added. And i expect the reasons to be more then "gender diversity!" for each of them. That's not gonna cut it. Your gonna need to give reasons that fit each model, and if it is about gender, explain how it would benefit by adding a model of another gender. Try to keep the addons needed for this list to a minimum. Now, im not saying gender diversity is a bad idea in any way, i just want this structured out better, and better examples/requests being put forward, along with a good explanation for each class you want to be changed. 🙂

Hey Shin! thank you for your feedback, but as I stated up top, it requires no workshop content. And if you're going to bring up combine, note that spiderman exists, the terminator exists, and so do walking skeletons (all in the same universe we have in garnet). This isn't about keeping stuff lore friendly, we all know that. 🙂

Edited by KyraKitty
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, KyraKitty said:

Hey Shin! thank you for your feedback, but as I stated up top, it requires no workshop content. And if you're going to bring up combine, note that spiderman exists, the terminator exists, and so do walking skeletons (all in the same universe we have in garnet). This isn't about keeping stuff lore friendly, we all know that. 🙂

then can you list out model numbers for each class you want changed, along with separate reasons why. Im not saying its a bad idea, im just saying that you should list what you want edited, and why. Also bringing up Spiderman and terminator, I understand what you mean that this is a "combined universe" but either way, combine would still be gender neutral lmao. I'd be happy to +1 this, as long as you show what models you mean, and what classes you want changed. Just saying you want them to be gender equal isn't going to cut it. Here's a example of what I sort of want you to do for each model

>class<

>model/spawn name(s)<

>Reason why it should be added<

>picture of model(s) (would help structure it better 🙂 )<

Once again, im not saying the idea is bad, im just saying you need to not only give more in-depth reasons as to why, but you need to display what is needed out of it so we all know exactly what models you mean. This shouldn't be a issue, because from how you've worded this, it sounds like you already got some in mind. Making it a gender issue though and being vague just doesn't make this suggestion look that good. Im all for adding female stuff if you feel there isn't enough, but you should probably list out where you think its lacking, and follow the format I gave you, or make your own, to help explain why you want each added, and the actual model type. 

Edit: excuse any errors in these posts grammar/spelling-wise. Im on mobile, and autocorrect refuses to work when I need it to.

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
  • Agree 1

Here is all the female vanilla models that we currently do not use.

Medic currently only uses two models, both male. We currently use Kleiner and Hostage4 for the medic models. 
All of these models are unused including the male ones.
8339f09ee6e37772c3537c4d1140ba1c.png

Weed Cultivator uses the male rebel models, but these 6 female rebel models are unused.
37ad785752e4630cf4f9906ec352ac06.png

Theres also mossmanarctic which is unused.
0f2f38ada55ca4ab1be2365ce5412cff.png

• Informative 1

Is it that big of a deal that a girl wants to play as a girl in a game? She isn't levying accusations of sexism and bigotry. Sure it's trivial but no reason to just take a big fat dump on the idea. Also I know for a fact guys will play on girl models to watch in 3rd person, you weebs 

Funny jokes are funny doe

Edited by Gythem2
  • Like 3

All jokes aside, this might be one of the least important posts I have seen as of recent time. There is no reason to bring politcal issues such as sex/gender into a game called Garry's Mod. Garry's Mod is a game you just fuck around with, and have a good time. Also, do you think any other women really cares what goes on in a 10 year old ripoff of Half Life 2? I'd say that they wouldn't but you can give a counterargument.  I'm all for gender equality and all, but there is a difference between for example, going to a large protest for women rights in Saudi Arabia, and putting some female playermodels in for the sake of it. Obviously if there are some playermodels that need to be updated/are boring now, go for it.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 4