MilitaryRP Update [01/01/2021]

Nutter

Honestly, Im really excited to see how this plays out. With snipers being stationary, its gonna be real real weird for a bit. The only thing im worried about is the fact that shotguns/smgs seem to be the best guns on paper. With ARs affecting movement, and movement being a huge thing on GG, they may prove to be near useless. with both soldier classes using ARs, this will probably further increase my fear of a "veterans prevail" type of server. an Idea to counter this, is give both medic classes a smg, such as the FMG or another small caliber gun. This will both give newer players a better chance to have fun, but also promote an actual reason for new players to play on the medic Whitelist. as of now, the Medic wl is only played by people with donors just so they get a free medkit with their already broken guns. So, with the addition of an SMG, everyone can now use those classes for more than just the medkit.

• Creative 1
  • Agree 2

Prone with the new sniper changes, fucking perfect combo.

Hopefully Prone and Bipod work well together

Weapons are actually going to be unique to their class

Snipers to be used as they should be

And with mobility decreases and such, hopefully we can see mid range engagements as opposed to just short-long as has been the case for so long now.

Overall, this is fucking huge. Thank you Garnet, Jake, Pencil, Miller, and Soap for this.

• Friendly 1

This update is gonna do so good especially with the snipers now we can finally use sniper as you do in irl instead of just going around like its COD quickscoping each other. 

and obviously the entire gun rework looks really good very excited to see all of that in action.  

5 hours ago, Ting said:

Honestly, Im really excited to see how this plays out. With snipers being stationary, its gonna be real real weird for a bit. The only thing im worried about is the fact that shotguns/smgs seem to be the best guns on paper. With ARs affecting movement, and movement being a huge thing on GG, they may prove to be near useless. with both soldier classes using ARs, this will probably further increase my fear of a "veterans prevail" type of server. an Idea to counter this, is give both medic classes a smg, such as the FMG or another small caliber gun. This will both give newer players a better chance to have fun, but also promote an actual reason for new players to play on the medic Whitelist. as of now, the Medic wl is only played by people with donors just so they get a free medkit with their already broken guns. So, with the addition of an SMG, everyone can now use those classes for more than just the medkit.

The US Medic used to have an SMG.

1 hour ago, Aparh said:

So With a nerf of dono guns does that include the guns on Dono classes as well like the Cz ans MSBS

I would think so, I’m assuming these changes apply to all weapons on the server.

anyways I can’t wait to see what that sniper nerf feels like

1 hour ago, Aparh said:

So With a nerf of dono guns does that include the guns on Dono classes as well like the Cz ans MSBS

This is by no means an official response as to how dono class guns will be. However I will say this, dono guns are nerfed as they are meant to expand your arsenal, not outright out class other guns of said class. Thus dono-classes will more than likely be on par with other guns of their class. There might be some changes to them though in other ways to help guns be unique.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Bortnik_ said:

anyways I can’t wait to see what that sniper nerf feels like

I wouldn't really think of it as snipers being nerfed. I think it's more of a conversion to a playstyle that better fits their role. Adjustments to go accordingly.

23 minutes ago, StillWohMi said:

m60 time babyyyy lets go

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like 1
  • Friendly 2

This all seems pretty pog and I’m especially excited for prone to return. Prone made being a ghillie in a bush feel cool as fuck. As long as the prone bug does not return I think it will be a fun time. It can also be used in tryouts to act as a stealth segment (for example. Crawl through shipment without being spotted or something of that nature.)

Snipers being a sentry is something I’ve wanted for a while now. As a person who never third person sniped and would always snipe from UK on desert it just felt natural for me to not cosplay a bunny and hop around everywhere while I was smiling. 

Shotguns are kind of an issue right now with slug rounds so excited to see if this makes it more viable at an obj like mosc or if it’ll just make it so no body plays the class.

ARs have been fairly dominant in recent memory and idk why people are scared the SMGs are gonna take over. As stated in the update the ARs are being balanced around medium ranged combat. Meaning if we are in the parking lot of ship and I have an AR and you have an SMG it becomes a more strategic fight where I try to back pedal and keep distance between us while you find cover and advance. I think this change in particular is gonna be pretty cool and makes players focus more on what effective range and aim spread their gun has instead of how much damage it does.

Marksman rifles have always been behind snipers in terms of use and preference but with the inability to move while firing for both I feel some players may lean more towards Marksman rifles due to the increased fire rate and ammo capacity. 

Overall all these changes sound great on paper and we will have to wait and see how they play in game. 

Thanks Garnet and all the guys who play tested and helped out.

6 hours ago, Vibe said:

This all seems pretty pog and I’m especially excited for prone to return. Prone made being a ghillie in a bush feel cool as fuck. As long as the prone bug does not return I think it will be a fun time. It can also be used in tryouts to act as a stealth segment (for example. Crawl through shipment without being spotted or something of that nature.)

Snipers being a sentry is something I’ve wanted for a while now. As a person who never third person sniped and would always snipe from UK on desert it just felt natural for me to not cosplay a bunny and hop around everywhere while I was smiling. 

Shotguns are kind of an issue right now with slug rounds so excited to see if this makes it more viable at an obj like mosc or if it’ll just make it so no body plays the class.

ARs have been fairly dominant in recent memory and idk why people are scared the SMGs are gonna take over. As stated in the update the ARs are being balanced around medium ranged combat. Meaning if we are in the parking lot of ship and I have an AR and you have an SMG it becomes a more strategic fight where I try to back pedal and keep distance between us while you find cover and advance. I think this change in particular is gonna be pretty cool and makes players focus more on what effective range and aim spread their gun has instead of how much damage it does.

Marksman rifles have always been behind snipers in terms of use and preference but with the inability to move while firing for both I feel some players may lean more towards Marksman rifles due to the increased fire rate and ammo capacity. 

Overall all these changes sound great on paper and we will have to wait and see how they play in game. 

Thanks Garnet and all the guys who play tested and helped out.

okay

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Agree 6
  • The Garnut

Update was pushed through,

I had to do alot of day 1 bug-fixing and testing, however, it's 4AM and I really need to get some sleep.

Some glaring issues currently are: 

-Tier classes need to be completed

-Potentially some Elite class re-works

-rework prestige incentives (rather than extra damage or health, aim for extra speed/jump height)

• Like 3