Rest In Peace Gamma

• The Garnut

After a massive outreach from the community, I'd like to thank every single one of you for being so wonderful and loving today. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

In regards to @Jackal's comment, I believe you misconstrued what I had meant by saying an event will be hosted. It will not be a fun gathering in-game, but rather an allotted section of the map (spawn will be relocated for the day) where players will be allowed to gather around and exchange their stories/memories of Gamma. It will not involve any sort of gameplay other than to provide a platform we can effectively communicate on. If you're going to go out of your way to claim past this point that we should seek an alternative platform, I really do not understand the decision to do so, but I am more than happy to organize a Teamspeak server for the day/event.

• Like 7

Rest In Peace gamma. Sorry for the pain the world has caused you hopefully you’re in a better place right now blessing us. Thank you for the memories I usually talk down on online communities but honestly I’ve been here for over 5 years and I see a lot of y’all as family. RIP Brother 🖤🖤

• Like 7

i knew Gamma back in 2020 when i first started playing. Sad to know that when i come back to the server he’s gone. i’ll never see him again. he was always kind, respectful, and a great leader. Vega was lucky to have him. If you’re reading this and have anything you would like to vent or get off your chest, please contact either me or an officer or a staff member. we’d be very happy to talk with you. Rest In Peace Gamma, 2GA Salutes you. 

I’ll never forget when i was running around saying “i just got SNS!” in voice chat. Gamma stopped and simply said “congratulations, buddy”. that was back when the first revision of delta was out.

Edited by Cupid
  • Like 1

We never know what really goes on with people behind the scenes. This is why we should always show compassion and kindness to everyone regardless. No one deserves to feel like they have no choice but to leave early.

May his soul rest easy.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
12 hours ago, Pencil said:

Gamma was someone I've known for 3 years now. Done a lot with him in the past but as I distanced myself from playing in the community, I haven't been in much contact with him. He was a great person who was always fun to be around, play with and against and even do things with outside of the community.

It really hits hard to hear he's gone, he was an amazing person. Thank you for everything Gamma, may you rest in peace.

I couldnt have said in any better. Thank you for the times in SSO and on the server in General. Wish we could have talked more

im not sure if i ever met Gamma or if he played during my year and a half period of not playing gmod but i wish his family the best and i hope he is at peace. Also if anyone at all needs to talk and is having suicidal thoughts but doesnt want to use the resources provided on this post feel free to reach out to me at any point in time ik to most of you im a faceless stranger but please i encourage any and all of you who ever feel like you have nothing left to reach out.

I had never really talked to Gamma but I have always heard amazing things about the guy. This post came as a complete shock to me as it did for all of you. It felt like as if I had lost a friend I never had. I feel very weird and sickened to my stomach to learn that something like this could happen in our own backyard.

Gamma’s case is a prime example that a person’s online persona and personality can be a complete facade to what is happening in that person’s personal life. A person may appear to be happy and joyous in an online setting, but depressed and distraught once the computer turns off. We knew Gamma as a happy-go-lucky funny guy who would always want to put smiles on others faces every time he showed up online. What we didn’t know was that behind the scenes he was suffering. We didn’t really know and understand how his personal life was, and we never truly will understand what Gamma must have been through mentally. It pains me to know that he lost that battle.

If you are suffering from depression, anxiety, anything of the sort, PLEASE be sure to reach out to someone. Friends, family, even people in this community will want to help you out. Do not be afraid to tell someone what’s been going on in your mind, it can and WILL be beneficial to your mental health.

Today, and forever, we shall celebrate the life and legacy of Gamma. He may not be with us anymore, but his sprit lives on bright and strong. He represented what it meant to be a positive influence for others. He represented what it meant to be kind, thoughtful, loving, and empathetic. He represented what it meant to be a Garnet Gamer. 

My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family, and may he smile down upon us happy forever, knowing that he is in a better place. o7

Edited by Jared Cox
  • Like 2