DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] Airforce Faction Changes

Fetn

+1. As it stands currently, both air force factions have become both useless and a nuisance. While I am not attempting to bash the airforce factions, as both are second-life, they have essentially become riddled with people looking to create a friend faction. Additionally, WAC itself is glitched, and tends to flood the logs or cause lag. Along with that, the inactivity recently in the two factions has skyrocketed. Not only have they become useless as they are very situational and rarely useable, but they would serve a better purpose being replaced with the two listed options. Many new players tend to ask, "How do I join AFSOC". Genuinely to answer that, they are essentially unable, due to friend factions, inactivity, and the uselessness of the factions. Overall, this may help diversify the current faction pool, expand in RP opportunities, and allow for better usage in war.

• Agree 3

Currently, AAF and AFSOC are 2nd life, would MARSOC and Blackguard be the same or main life? Another question, since you're suggesting for MARSOC to replace AFSOC, would the dono factions be removed as well with this suggestion? Leaving my vote abstained for now.

Edited by PappaEric
2 minutes ago, PappaEric said:

Currently AAF and AFSOC are 2nd life, would MARSOC and Blackguard be the same or main life? Another question, since you're suggesting for MARSOC to replace AFSOC, would the dono factions be removed as well with this suggestion? Leaving my vote abstained for now.

They will be main life factions, and they will lead the removal of wac also dono factions will be removed and renamed with the help of garnet hopefully. Since afghan doesn't even have a dono faction setup yet 

7 minutes ago, PappaEric said:

Which one? I'm guessing renamed, but alright, either way thats fine.

Both donation factions will be renamed when bought again.  with new models and guns most likely

Edited by Fetn
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin
51 minutes ago, PappaEric said:

Which one? I'm guessing renamed, but alright, either way thats fine.

With MARSOC being introduced, then the US side can just be Marine Raiders. Afghan could be ISI. Just throwing ideas out there.

Personally, I’m for the suggestion. I know it’s another class/faction re-work and Garnet will want to test the strength of his desk with his forehead. However I have to agree that the airborne factions should be substituted with something that can actually be utilized. THEN, have a head pilot on each side who can certify a few pilots per faction to make sure there are people capable of flying the seldom times that aircraft are actually used.

As to the granular details: guns, models, names, etc. that can all be workshopped. People should focus in on the nucleus of the post. Get rid of airborne and replace them with usable, first life factions. Then have a few pilot certified people per country who can step in as needed to fly.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Agree 1

+1 flying faction aren’t really doing much atm and the addition of something like marsoc could help the server as an attraction for players to play on the server as long as these 2 factions get made into something unique it would be good

Edited by leansamuel101
  • Agree 1
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

Note from Executive

MP currently sits as an already 'In Progress' suggestion, and I've stated publicly multiple times before that I wouldn't want 2nd life factions, and that MP would be 2nd life. This means if MP was to be introduced, AFSOC and AAF would be taken off the server as factions and WAC would be used as Ozzy coincidentally suggested.

Reason for me making this note here is because comments seem to suggest people are underwhelmed by AAF/AFSOC and want a change.

If people do want the addition of two main life factions, then I'd request people comment explicitly stating that, as simply 'replacing AAF/AFSOC' would be done with MP introduction.

• The Garnut

I understand this has gotten alot of upvotes, but unfortunately, i'm much closer to removing AFSOC than adding more onto it. 

4 hours ago, Fetn said:

I believe that is the final straw. I know the argument on the AF factions side is "we are trying" where was the trying months ago before garnet threatened to remove all of you? This goes to show how none of you care at all before it involves your faction being removed.

As you even stated yourself - nobody has had much care for the faction since @Jake, and I would humbly say that the state of the server might even be in a really good state for the last 12 months, with the exception of AFSOC, that's gone from effectively an RP oriented faction, to just a bunch of morons spamming my developer tools with their WAC vehicles, that are being utilized for literally no reason other than "for immersion" or "to have fun flying".

When it comes to the suggestion, for the love of god, why do we need to further disperse the server's population and even bother with making this work? just doesn't make any sense to me. Seems like despite our population being in a very good place, you guys are just fucking lost as to what would benefit the server or be a good suggestion overall. Getting rid of a faction that has failed the server, effectively removing WAC would mean more players for our existing faction, plus SIGNIFICANTLY higher FPS for players.

• Agree 3
3 hours ago, Theos said:

Note from Executive

MP currently sits as an already 'In Progress' suggestion, and I've stated publicly multiple times before that I wouldn't want 2nd life factions, and that MP would be 2nd life. This means if MP was to be introduced, AFSOC and AAF would be taken off the server as factions and WAC would be used as Ozzy coincidentally suggested.

Reason for me making this note here is because comments seem to suggest people are underwhelmed by AAF/AFSOC and want a change.

If people do want the addition of two main life factions, then I'd request people comment explicitly stating that, as simply 'replacing AAF/AFSOC' would be done with MP introduction.

With this being said I am going to -1 the suggestion. There are too many complications with removing and renaming the current donor faction to having to completely rework/remove WAC. If MP is already in progress than that would mean the addition of two factions 2nd life or not they are still as garnet said dispersing the playerbase and taking away players from current regiments that currently aren’t at its max potential.