Raiding Reconstructed...

Bizzy

Here's an idea to make raiding more doable and gives players an actual incentive to raid

Printer claiming:

Note to printer farmers: YOU CAN STILL BUY PRINTERS FROM OTHER PLAYERS AND HAVE THEM AFK, THIS IS JUST A CHEAPER AND MORE FUN WAY TO DO IT, JUST DONT CLAIM THE PRINTER!

If you were to get raided (haha get shit on), the raider will be able to claim your printer for 2 HOURS (can be longer can less, depends on what we agree on). Within that 2 hours, you can no longer buy a printer. After the 2 hours passes, your printer is destroyed (to prevent infinite money rats) and you can now buy a printer again.

Once a printer is claimed once, it CAN be claimed again with another raid, but the time is now cut in half (instead of 2 hours, it's 1 hour until it explodes), and so on (1 hour, 30 min, 15 min, no more claiming...)

Pros: 

- Incentive to raid

- Make more money if you're good

Cons:

- None because everything i make is flawless (events wasn't my fault)

Base security system:

For all the paranoid/to scared to go outside their base people, I can make a system that notifies you whenever a keypad is being cracked/a door is being lock picked that is owned by you. Make this cost like $5k or some shit idk

Pros: 

- Leave your base in peace

Cons:

NEW BREACHING METHOD:

Now here's the controversial one...

Raiding now with the current tools is pretty much impossible. This is why people like me resort to hacks (which still doesn't help). I want to make a tool that is placed on a fading door (for 15-20 seconds), and if it isn't disabled (or shot?) will open the fading door for 3 WHOLE MINUTES. This provides enough time to breach the other fading doors without being trapped in a 10 inch square where you are 100% going to die

This tool would be bought from a black market dealer, or for Police, it would be bought from an NPC in the PD (PD gets a better version of it).

Make each one cost a lot because it can be seen as OP (not really, just defend ur base better)

Pros: 

- Makes raiding easier/more realistic

- More of a reason to become a black market dealer

- You won't be demolished by a Dragon Lore as soon as you turn around to crack a keypad

- You will HAVE to be more creative with your base designs

Cons:

Everything I've mentioned I can easily make within the span of a few days. 

Please leave suggestions on wether or not you'd like to see something like this and the reason behind it

Suggest improvements (realistic ones plz)

Also, fuck tbh

• Informative 1
  • Agree 1
  • Forums Moderator

Printer Claiming

+1 if done in a different way...

The biggest fear of being raided is that it can take literally hours to set up a base and buy enough printers (plus wait to break-even from upgrading them) in order for basing to be worthwhile, and by being raided, literally hours of work can be lost in the space of a few minutes.

I'm not keen on the idea of printers being claimed / taken in the sense you've outlined. But what if instead, a printer was locked-out by a raider until the owner (person basing with the printer) paid the lock-out fee, which would go to the raider? This way the baser can keep the printer and the raider can make good money, so that hours of work isn't lost in an instant? It would also incentivise raiders to lock them out to get the fee rather than blowing the printers up. And it could even be a hefty fee too, a fully upgraded printer makes 32k ever 20 mins and I'd be happy to pay that or more as a fee (per printer!) in order not to loose my printers. That way everyone wins!

Base Security System

+1

I like this idea! The streets can often be quiet but with lots of people online as they're all to scared to leave their base (like me)

New Breaching Method

+1

I like the idea and I'm happy as a baser to be more inventive with my builds. I'm worried it could be potentially OP, as a team of raiders versus one baser may make basing impossible. But it's an idea worth exploring.

Edit:

Took a toxic clan against GG out of my entry.

Edited by ChrisRid
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

+1 Bizzy, you've outdone yourself here, I especially love the added "alarm system" it will bring loads more players out from there bases and into the streets to rp. Even if that is the only thing that gets added, I positive that downtown will become much more popular. (5k kinda cheap, maybe 50k?)

• Agree 1
16 hours ago, bizzylogin said:

Base security system:

For all the paranoid/to scared to go outside their base people, I can make a system that notifies you whenever a keypad is being cracked/a door is being lock picked that is owned by you. Make this cost like $5k or some shit idk

+1 for sure, I think this would be real interesting

Printer claiming:

Note to printer farmers: YOU CAN STILL BUY PRINTERS FROM OTHER PLAYERS AND HAVE THEM AFK, THIS IS JUST A CHEAPER AND MORE FUN WAY TO DO IT, JUST DONT CLAIM THE PRINTER!

If you were to get raided (haha get shit on), the raider will be able to claim your printer for 2 HOURS (can be longer can less, depends on what we agree on). Within that 2 hours, you can no longer buy a printer. After the 2 hours passes, your printer is destroyed (to prevent infinite money rats) and you can now buy a printer again.

Once a printer is claimed once, it CAN be claimed again with another raid, but the time is now cut in half (instead of 2 hours, it's 1 hour until it explodes), and so on (1 hour, 30 min, 15 min, no more claiming...)

Pros: 

- Incentive to raid

- Make more money if you're good

Cons:

+1 as well, I like that because sometimes newer players end up with their printers completely gone so they lose their way to level up easier. I like that you can still buy and keep printers as well, claiming is just something different. My question though is how are we gonna stop people from claiming printers just to minge/fail rp?

NEW BREACHING METHOD:

Now here's the controversial one...

Raiding now with the current tools is pretty much impossible. This is why people like me resort to hacks (which still doesn't help). I want to make a tool that is placed on a fading door (for 15-20 seconds), and if it isn't disabled (or shot?) will open the fading door for 3 WHOLE MINUTES. This provides enough time to breach the other fading doors without being trapped in a 10 inch square where you are 100% going to die

This tool would be bought from a black market dealer, or for Police, it would be bought from an NPC in the PD (PD gets a better version of it).

Make each one cost a lot because it can be seen as OP (not really, just defend ur base better)

Pros: 

- Makes raiding easier/more realistic

- More of a reason to become a black market dealer

- You won't be demolished by a Dragon Lore as soon as you turn around to crack a keypad

- You will HAVE to be more creative with your base designs

Cons:

+1 as well, I think overall these are some good ideas that could make the game more fair.

4 minutes ago, xFish said:

+1 Bizzy, you've outdone yourself here, I especially love the added "alarm system" it will bring loads more players out from there bases and into the streets to rp. Even if that is the only thing that gets added, I positive that downtown will become much more popular. (5k kinda cheap, maybe 50k?)

I think 10-20k is more fair, especially when you are a newer player.

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, xFish said:

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING VERY TRUE... it'll benefit the server sm imo. I REALLY love that new breaching method...

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Agent-T said:

+1

i think the rules would have to be decided between the staff team and you to make it more fair and community/server

what rules need to be added? it seems everything can be handled by bizzy when it comes to the printer destroying after a certain amount of time/ fading doors staying up.  I don't see any rules that should be added for this. Everything is well though out and i can't see any rules for it.

+1

Why not? let's see how this goes. The System is Well though out and it shouldn't need any rules based off what your suggesting.

• Agree 1

+1

reading more into this it sounds like a good idea in whole but some need tweaks 

1. 3 minute fading door keypad cracker is too much time and can be easily abused by raiding teams I feel 30 - 15 seconds would be better

2. The claim printers are kinda dumb, cause a lot of the time you re-raid the person who stole your printers and what happens if you have the printer after you re-raid them + what if they just don’t claim?

mobil is hard

Edited by Candy_
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, StraightWhiteChristianMale said:

-1 I feel like changing such a crucial part of Darkrp wouldn't be received well and is a bit too complex

If you really think about it, nothing is really changing a crucial part of DarkRP. The only thing that might shake things up is the breaching method but I think thats needed since raiding is impossible now.

thanks yall if yall have any suggestions/critiques lmk so we can maybe get this done soon if more people support it

2 minutes ago, Candy_ said:

+1

reading more into this it sounds like a good idea in whole but some need tweaks 

1. 3 minute fading door keypad cracker is too much time and can be easily abused by raiding teams I feel 30 - 15 seconds would be better

2. The claim printers are kinda dumb, cause a lot of the time you re-raid the person who stole your printers and what happens if you have the printer after you re-raid them + what if they just don’t claim?

mobil is hard

1. 3 Minutes might be too long but I think we'd need longer than 15 seconds to have enough time to breach all the doors one by one

2. If the raider doesn't claim the printers, they'd simply vanish when you disconnect, so they almost have to claim them to be safe. If you reraid them and get your printers back, the time would be cut in half until it destroys itself. This is to prevent people from constantly claiming the same printer for hours without having to buy another one.

thx

4 minutes ago, bizzylogin said:

If you really think about it, nothing is really changing a crucial part of DarkRP. The only thing that might shake things up is the breaching method but I think thats needed since raiding is impossible now.

thanks yall if yall have any suggestions/critiques lmk so we can maybe get this done soon if more people support it

1. 3 Minutes might be too long but I think we'd need longer than 15 seconds to have enough time to breach all the doors one by one

2. If the raider doesn't claim the printers, they'd simply vanish when you disconnect, so they almost have to claim them to be safe. If you reraid them and get your printers back, the time would be cut in half until it destroys itself. This is to prevent people from constantly claiming the same printer for hours without having to buy another one.

thx

Ok thank you so what it sounds like is it’s there’s till you log off and if they own it before you alt f4 2 hours after the claim is done they delete?