Disguising for T1 Factions

PappaEric

Description: I’m suggesting to have either a SWEP be added to one or all of the whitelists or to have a “wardrobe” type prop that would only allow a certain whitelist to access it (a T1 whitelist or all of that faction's whitelists). Basically, this would allow members in either Delta Force or Badri 313 to be able to change their player model to a model of the opposite side. This would allow T1 SOC members to infiltrate the base posing as a member of that country’s military allowing them to get information easily. In order for a player model to be used, they would need to get it from a kidnapped person on the other side, which can be regulated with intelligence docs that will soon be implemented.

Now, to make this fair, the opposing country’s members can try to find the spy. If someone is suspicious of someone being a spy (Maybe only certain ranks can “be suspicious of someone” like an officer of a base faction or a higher enlisted+ of a SOC faction), they can ask to get an identification card. If that person is not a spy, the id card would be given and nothing would come of it. If that person is a spy (which would be seen OOC), then a versus roll would be done. If the person under disguise wins, then they are not suspicious for a certain amount of time and continue to do their intelligence gathering. If the spy loses, then they can decide what to do with them, either kidnap them or execute them.

Reasoning: Currently, there is a current shift in putting more emphasis on roleplay on the server lately, this addition would allow for more roleplay for Delta Force and Badri 313 to do more risky operations of intelligence gathering than other special forces factions wouldn’t do. This would also incentivize players to want to get into T1 factions because currently, there isn’t much that sets a T1 SOC faction apart from a T2/T3 SOC faction.

Rules that would help with exploiting of this (Any of these can be up for discussion. Just thought of them, so might as well just suggest it)

• Disguising is only allowed during peacetime, as it would give an unfair advantage during war
  • If killed while under a guise, any information collected would not count (NLR)

• Only one person of each faction would only be allowed to disguise themselves

• In order to disguise as a certain player model, you must have gotten it through roleplay, mainly kidnaps or through roleplay raids. Would be regulated with staff given intelligence docs

• If a person under guise wins the roll, a time limit of when they can be suspicious again would be added just so they aren’t getting caught through repetitive rolls

• Can only disguise once per side per peacetime 

Additional Information: Just an example of what the SWEP:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2537632997

Edited by PappaEric
  • Agree 3
  • StarWarsRP Management Team
2 hours ago, CanadianTyrant said:

However, wasn't this already implemented for the entirety of the server?

Was brought up, is not in practice at this time

It's a really cool idea, but I think it's important to limit it somehow, maybe with a  cooldown or a rank requirement. While I think it would add a much needed allure to T1 factions, it also has the potential to be really oppressive for other players as well. 

+1 With limitations.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Kurtle said:

It's a really cool idea, but I think it's important to limit it somehow, maybe with a  cooldown or a rank requirement. While I think it would add a much needed allure to T1 factions, it also has the potential to be really oppressive for other players as well. 

+1 With limitations.

I feel like I agree with this, just because someone is in a Tier 1 doesn't instantly make them non idiotic and there should be both a cooldown and rank requirement, for instance possibly the 2 highest Enlisted and all officers and only 1 disguise is allowed during a peacetime for each Tier 1 side.

• StarWarsRP Management Team

Denied

Firstly, I've said before that personally I do want disguising to be re-added to the server, so this denial is not a permanent stance.

Considering the concerns for abuse of the system, the inherent meta-gaming in detection, and the current standards of behaviour among players on the server, adding disguising to the server like this would not sit right.

With the future introduction of MP, and some of their duties, this would help with the meta-gaming concerns, but the other concerns are player-driven and so we would look to see changes from the server away from the 'push the boundaries' mentality MRP has right now.

• Agree 3