DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

KeyCard System for PD

Glorbnob

So on SWRP there are keycards that are used to open restricted areas. A major issue i see with mayors being able to build is the fact that they have to share the keypad codes with PD. Meaning if someone switches off PD they can share the code with their friends and it could be rather difficult for staff to keep track of it. If there is a way to allow the mayor to place down Keycard readers instead of keypads and simply give all the PD classes a keycard I feel it would completely solve the issue. I am not a coder so i do not know if that is possible, but if it is i feel it can be rather helpful for both PD and staff.

• Like 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
35 minutes ago, Shin_Tsukimi said:

Assuming this is possible and would not require any new add-ons (or nothing large at all) then yeah that sounds pretty cool, but I'd need further details on the addon or if it's custom made to make a fully informed decision on the matter.

https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/billys-keypads

It's this addon, which I assume has already been purchased and would only have to be added to DarkRP. It would require some configuration of course, but it might be a cool idea.

• Informative 3

+1 mega plus 1 please add this if possibly.

We've already had a problem in the past of people releasing their buddies then switching back to raiding classes because mayors were no longer allowed to build in pd. God I CANNOT EXPRESS HOW MUCH I LOVE MAYOR NOW

• Agree 1
18 hours ago, Horseyyy said:

Wouldn’t this make it virtually impossible to raid pd tho?

What i am suggesting is making the keycards crackable. Like keypads. Only difference is it would be unlocked by a keycard given to all PD instead of a code

@Shin_TsukimiTo add on with more information on what is Billy's Keypads System.
The cool part with it is you can perma keypads onto the map that can connect to map doors or props. Instead of doing a keypad code, you can simply tie it to what job they are on as that is what we do on CWRP. Basically, if they are on the mayor or any PD job then they have access to open the keypad (You can add player SteamIDs, jobs, job categories to have access to keypads). There is a keypad cracker that comes with Billy's Keypads. It is also very configurable in-game (editing/customizing keypads, placing keypads, perma keypads), and more. You can put health and armor on keypads too so players can damage a keypad in order to open it up or use the keypad cracker it comes with. The only thing that Garnet would do is adding the addon itself and the keycard item to each job. Also, comes with tools within the tool gun properties; there is a keypad configurator tool, keypad persistence tool (this is how you perma the keypads), admin tool (displays all information about a keypad), it's own fading door tool, and more. The only difference in my opinion with the default darkrp keypads and Billy's Keypad System is where Billy's Keypads has greater options for customization and accessibility. The addon itself isn't large to my knowledge, it works very great on CWRP.

Edited by special
  • Informative 2
  • Winner 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1

Your suggestion has been Denied

This is an unnecessary change. While supported since the mayor has been allowed to build again there hasn't been any real issues that would need this addon especially when there are solutions around this. Bizzy provided a solution he could do if the issue becomes major but for now I see no issues.