How did you find Garnet?

Its been a year since I joined the community and I'm interested to know how you all found the community. Was it through friends or did you just click a random server and here you are now?

I found the community through playing Rust with friends, found a cool server, and eventually joined the staff team! Since then I've also played Garnet DarkRP, MRP, and TTT.

• Like 2

Apparently someone told me they brought me to the server? @SmittyI

I feel like I remember him telling me that he met me on a prop hunt server and then he brought me to Garnet many years ago?

if that story is wrong then I’m pretty sure I was just scrolling through darkrp servers in 2014 and managed to find Garnet

I don’t really know I just feel like I remember Smitty telling me he brought me to the server. (Him and i go way back)

Edited by IAreGunner
  • Like 2
  • Informative 1

Alllll the way back in 2016 I boughjt Garry’s Mod as one of my first games on steam. I had a (deadass) $250 computer, and I decided I wanted to play gmod MilitaryRP. I got real into Garnet MRP as a kid, racking up over 200 hours, but I genuinely don’t remember a single moment of it. Then I decided to try out MRP again back in 2020 because I remembered I had done it once before, and that’s where the story begins! A couple breaks, and a server genre switch, now I play SWRP and I enjoy it a great load!

Edited by acer
  • Like 4
  • Spicy 1
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin

A staff member of mine showed me GG MRP back in 2016. Never really stuck around and gave a half-assed shot at creating one ourselves. Fast forward to 2018 when a CallMeKevin video comes across my YouTube feed showing him on an MRP. I decided to give it a shot again and I had always joined the second largest server at that time because my laptop was just god awful and I feel like the staff usually arent as vain. Been around ever since, sometimes more often or prevalent than others and have made some great memories and met fantastic people.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

Been since late 2017 since I joined but from I remember, I was watching a lot of Vanoss GMOD videos and just thought it was fun so I hopped on and GG MRP was the first server that caught my attention. Made a few friends in the first week (Gotham❤️) if anyone remembers him. But then I started having a lot of fun and stuck around and now most of the people I play games with are the boys from early MRP days. 

• Like 4

Started Early 2017 I was kinda bored looking for new Gamemodes to play on my old shit pc. Saw MilitaryRP and ended up clicking Garnet.
I'm pretty sure at the time Navy and Marines were only for Tryouts and joined the Marines through that tryouts, my PC ended up being more shit so i couldn't join anymore until i fixed it in late 2017.
Just mained Base Army until I resigned at CPT then came back Early 2019 as a 2LT. Then after that hanged out with the old GB then joined GB because they pressured me into it. We all left Mid 2019 but then I came back now again.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Remake said:

Been since late 2017 since I joined but from I remember, I was watching a lot of Vanoss GMOD videos and just thought it was fun so I hopped on and GG MRP was the first server that caught my attention. Made a few friends in the first week (Gotham❤️) if anyone remembers him. But then I started having a lot of fun and stuck around and now most of the people I play games with are the boys from early MRP days. 

CJ 😮

I joined originally in 2016 barely played, rejoined in july 2017 and got properly known and have been the brit ever since

• Like 1