In-game name: Lotus DaB
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):STEAM_0:1:78076257
Warns:1
Timezone: MST
Playtime?:  324:13:41
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Rosie DaB
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional] I used to staff for an old jailbreak but that's about it.
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]  I think the reason why you should choose me over other applicants is because I'm respectful, nice, and I know how to take situations seriously when it needs to be. Plus I have a lot of free time on my hands so if anyone needs anything while other staff are away I will most likely be on. I'm reliable when somebody needs something done and I'm pretty chill with everyone I come across and I don't think I've had much conflict with anyone on the server. I'll make sure that the requirements for a staff member are met and make sure that everyone on the server has fun and great experience on Garnet servers. I'll do my best to make sure that people don't Mass RDM, Propblock, Propspam, and etc. And if it does end up happening I'll take matters into my hands and do my best to handle it accordingly. I've also been playing on this server for years so I have some experience with the server and how it works and that can be useful to new players and that's why I think you should choose me over other applicants. If not, thank you for letting me have this opportunity to apply. 
    Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: I don't think I have.
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: I did a few years ago around 2017
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I have a lot of time to kill so I can be on frequently and I mostly active when on the server so contributing time to this role won't be a problem.
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I just like to play games, draw, and listen to music on my free time.
Did you read the staff rules?:  Lotus DaB

Edited by UmbralLotus
Gave a blank application.
  • Like 1

Some good things to point out:
You're a really chill person, and I can tell you like the server, etc.

I've seen you a this morning in game and your attitude was decent overall.

But for this application in specific:
You didn't put enough effort in to show why you want to be picked specifically out of all the other people who apply.

You also rushed the application a bit which is super visible considering there's not a lot to read and the minimal answers that were left.

Playtime is good but I don't consider playtime a variable for someone's maturity.

You have a current warning which isn't too bad, but still doesn't look good on a staff app.

I haven't really seen you on the server much, only recently this morning. So I really don't know how active you are on a daily basis

Only reason I'm leaving a -1 is because I just can't tell if you're ready or not to be apart of the staff team.

• Like 1

+1

Normally I would neutral something like this, because I don't really know you, but your hours are actually pretty good, you read the rules, you have been here for a long time, , and your referral is great. Obviously everything Skill Art said is there, but personally I don't believe in needing to have an insanely awesome application, with everything else you have, if you can get accepted, just sound professional and pass your training, I don't see why people have to get denied off application faults alone.

Going off of what others said, I've had relatively good encounters with you through sits and whatnot. Your referral is good and your playtime is good. 

The only thing is, while I agree with Wizify that you don't need an insanely awesome application, I think it should be at least evident that you put some effort into it. I don't see that with yours. I'm not going to accuse you of not caring but the application just seems like you quickly wrote it. You wrote just one paragraph and it was pretty generic (nothing too unique about why we should choose you over other people).

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Salteeeens said:

Like skill art said the app was a bit weak but mine was too lol. Other than that good luck!

-1, whole point of the application is to put effort into it to show us who you are, unsure why it's being treated otherwise. I'm not even gonna read it, because if other people aren't confident you have the willingness to join the team and you are putting in the effort to do so that's enough for me, especially If they also got nice things to say about you.

I do remember you lotus as being a chill person, so I'll gladly change my -1 upon improvements.

Good luck man!

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
  • Agree 1

Just like as the others have said it seems rushed, we don't expect a perfect app, but on the other hand we want to see that you care about being on the team, and after reading which some others didn't even do, personally it feels like you didn't put very much effort into this

• DarkRP Administration Team

+1

I think I’ve met you a few times in game and you seem pretty decent, I’ve never had any issues with you. You have a good reference with good hours and no bans on record, which shows your maturity and willingness to try and do what’s right by following the rules. While your application (paragraphs) isn’t amongst the strongest I’ve seen, I like the points that you have made about your commitment and willingness to help other players and the community as a whole. It’s also noteworthy that you said you applied back in 2017, so you’ve been around for quite some time. I think you could be a good addition to the staff team and so I wish you the best of luck!

• Agree 1
23 hours ago, Skill_Art said:

Some good things to point out:
You're a really chill person, and I can tell you like the server, etc.

I've seen you a this morning in game and your attitude was decent overall.

But for this application in specific:
You didn't put enough effort in to show why you want to be picked specifically out of all the other people who apply.

You also rushed the application a bit which is super visible considering there's not a lot to read and the minimal answers that were left.

Playtime is good but I don't consider playtime a variable for someone's maturity.

You have a current warning which isn't too bad, but still doesn't look good on a staff app.

I haven't really seen you on the server much, only recently this morning. So I really don't know how active you are on a daily basis

Only reason I'm leaving a -1 is because I just can't tell if you're ready or not to be apart of the staff team.

From what he said, -1

NEUTRAL

I have met you multiple times in rp as both ARC and Jedi. I think you know the server rules well and you are a respectful person towards not only me but new players. I think your RP is solid and  I think you are mature and relatable as well. The only thing keeping me from putting +1 in this application is the fact you are new to the community and you answered the questions without much effort. When you become more known by the community and show that you still want to be part of the staff team to help the server.  I am willing to change my vote to a +1 but again I would like to see more from you in both text but as well as in the server. Goodluck with your staff app, cant wait to see you in character. ~ Phalanx Knight Mak Rholar

On 5/22/2022 at 8:05 PM, ChrisRid said:

+1

I think I’ve met you a few times in game and you seem pretty decent, I’ve never had any issues with you. You have a good reference with good hours and no bans on record, which shows your maturity and willingness to try and do what’s right by following the rules. While your application (paragraphs) isn’t amongst the strongest I’ve seen, I like the points that you have made about your commitment and willingness to help other players and the community as a whole. It’s also noteworthy that you said you applied back in 2017, so you’ve been around for quite some time. I think you could be a good addition to the staff team and so I wish you the best of luck!

I feel this is a great look on this staff application and I 100% agree with it. I do see you on the server actively and I haven't ever had a problem with you either! I believe you would be a good addition to the team!

+1

Accepted

Welcome to the staff team!

Do not use any commands or switch to staff on duty until you receive training by a Lead Mod+ and feel free to contact an Admin+ if you are having issues finding one!

Please contact a manager+ ingame to receive your rank.

• Like 1