DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

make climb swep jumping to escape an rp situation fail rp or giving certain CPs the climb swep 2

Jerryry

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]
I'm suggesting that is should be fail rp when using the climb swep to launch yourself to avoid something or someone such as someone attempting to arrest you or something like a mug
I think it sets an unfair advantage because CPs can't have that same ability making it hard to arrest someone that just flies off faster than any perk speed.
You can also meet me halfway and give certain CPs such as the spartan and mayor the climb swep 2 as well in order to make it more of a fair match when it comes to arresting someone.

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]
I think it would benefit the server by giving the CPs a fair advantage to arresting certain players that break some sort of law. It would also be nice
since some CPs dont have the same benefits that most VIPs with Climb swep 2 have.
	Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE] none
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

-1 Hell nah

This will ruin the pd job because you'll have cops flying around the map ruining the rp experience. also I feel that players with climb swep wont like this new rule and players will get in trouble more often. plus it would require more people clipping causing the staff an unnecessary hassle.

Edited by Bluey
  • DarkRP Administration Team

I think it's an unnecessary addition for a number of reasons:

• As xFish said, there is already a police class that has the Climb SWEP
  • There are plenty of players who haven't bought a custom class with the Climb SWEP, and even the ones who have still play other jobs anyway.
  • It would be hard to enforce, given that a clip would need to be provided as evidence every time.
  • There will undoubtably be a lot of grey areas where people will say they didn't realise they were being arrested when the BHopped, which wouldn't be fair to punish.
  • If we gave the Climb SWEP to all PD classes, then we may as well give it to all criminal classes too if you feel it creates an unfair advantage, so it ends up that everyone has the Climb SWEP giving no incentive for the roles which already have it.
Edited by ChrisRid
  • Like 4

Don't want to be punished for going around with a climb swep because someone has a clip where they decided to walk towards me with a red stick.

Police have an entire police force, try to organize and operate like an actual police force instead of expecting Cops to fly (which, if you actually play the game in any of the ways that earn EXP, it's not hard to get Prestige cop anyways)

Consider that Climb Swep and cops have been around for a long ass time, and Cops have been greatly buffed so they are literally at their strongest point right now. They don't need to be able to do EVERYTHING. They already have so many unique class features that no other class gets, so it would be foolish to restrict other classes just because a cop is around.

• Agree 1

-1 Hell nah that’s the worst suggestion I’ve heard this year

there is already a Cp with climb swep so what? he can chase you down but you can’t climb swep away?

edit: the suggestion to give poop physics might be worst but still

2nd edit: Changed my mind this shit sucks even more, Ily jerryy but cmon man (no homo)

Edited by Vortex1