Basing Rule Change for Bartenders/Chefs (and maybe drug dealers?)

Shin_Tsukimi

Understand that I am only suggesting this for Bartenders and Chefs (and maybe drug dealers,) NOT gun dealers as that would be too overpowered.

Suggestion: Allow Bartenders, Chefs, and (MAYBE) Drug Dealers to base with Criminals (Raiders, Gangs, Drug Manufacturers, etc.)

Reasoning: This seems minor, but I actually think it could make some great RP aspects. Today for instance, I walked into someone who made a Italian restaurant on DarkRP and he made mob jokes, wouldn't it be so cool to run a mob in the closed doors of a restaurant? I think that'd be pretty fucking dope to be honest. I'll admit, I've been playing a lot of Mafia recently so that also definitely influenced this idea a bit. This rule would have barely an affect on gameplay, and as for KOS, it would have the same motives as any store (if you want customers, don't KOS everyone!) and then in other rooms of the base could be the actual printers/whatever it is you are doing. Imagine a group of raiders with this "front" of a store, or a gang with a store front on their actual operations (while I am not a huge fan of clans in general, I can see people who REALLY get into being in clans heavily enjoying this feature simply for the roleplay aspect.) The nice thing is that there really is not a downside! It would fill up a spot in the party, and would not be able to participate in anything other than running the store, printing money, and defending the base itself.

I genuinely think this would be a cool addition, these classes would be able to defend the base, NOT raid other bases or preform illegal activities other than printing. In other words, they would basically just be a part of a base as a defender and even a merchant to those who pass by. This would also be a great way to incentivize people to get even more creative with base building, as they would have to make a open space that goes into a closed off space where they stash their printers.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
  • Like 2
  • Creative 1
  • Agree 3

Fantastic idea, and as you said there's no downsides.

Would actually provide a reason to RP as a baser, and would make bases more interesting all around by having an actual roleplay storefront/restaurant to interact with instead of a street full of impenetrable blast doors.

• Like 2
  • DarkRP Administration Team

+1

I love this idea, and I think it could be fantastic in terms of RP potentials too! Straight away I'm picturing a Los Pollos Hermanos with a meth manufacturer cooking it up in the back. As Saul Goodman said "You're filthy drug money has been transformed into nice clean taxable income brought to you by a savvy investment in a thriving business".

It also gives more reasons and opportunities for people to RP as a chef or bartender, which currently are lesser used classes but may find a great purpose if this was to be accepted. 

• Like 1

Drug dealers keep their muscle close especially when the heat is on. And the same ones protecting them are probably out stealing from other crews.

A career criminal can "retire" with a "lump-sum" received from a "completely legal transaction" to run a "legitimate business". It's a free city, after all. What the law doesn't see won't hurt them. (Chef/Bartender)

In addition:

Possibly add an option for the mayor to foreclose the property if the owners are found aiding and abetting a crime. A warrant will be placed and if successfully executed via arrest or death of the owner, they will be forced to move their operation elsewhere, as the police will be on to them. If failed, the PD will simply need to catch them in the act again.

Yea +1

Edited by Dan Gardner
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...