DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Add points as a reward to artifacts - Artifacts suggestion

Wendoly

Description: Adding points (From the pointshop/hatshop) as a reward for the artifacts that randomly spawn in the map, these artifacts already give a good amount of money and XP, but It would be great if they also gave a few points (less than 10 for example) this way people would be more interested in the artifacts and this would also be a very needed optional way to get points without having to play hours and hours.

Reasoning: There are currently only 2 ways to get points; By playing on the server and waiting approximately 20 minutes to get 5 points or by prestige which gives you 2k points times the number of prestige, the problem is that these methods are too slow and most of the hats/accessories are pretty expensive if we consider the amount of points you get every 20 or so minutes. Often times I see artifacts standing in random places because no one had any interest in collecting the artifact, this would encourage players to explore more the map in search for the artifacts and get points by doing this.

Additional information: None

Edited by Wendoly
  • Like 3
15 minutes ago, hooboododoMartian said:

-1 i like the fact that you have to grind to prestige to get hats, making them easy to get would make it so the more expensive stuff arent as impressive to own

agreed -1 

maybe some limited time ways but some things should be hard to get, keeps it special and an achievement when you get it.

• Agree 2

+1 People rarely prestige for points as prestiging past 3 is seen as poinless and a waste of money by a good portion of the community, most just buy points with ingame cash and having to walk around for 3+ weeks for 1 hat isnt grinding as much as it is just a burnout. id love to see this added.

• Agree 3
  • DarkRP Administration Team

While I like the idea of boosting the engagement with totems, I feel that the current rewards are pretty good and varied, and I still get excited when I find one.

The idea of both the pointshop and the !credits menu is to encourage playtime, and those who've played a lot can show off a cool hat or accessory which is otherwise difficult to get. As others have said, if it were too easy then a lot more people would own the rare / expensive hats, which makes them less desirable.

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, ChrisRid said:

While I like the idea of boosting the engagement with totems, I feel that the current rewards are pretty good and varied, and I still get excited when I find one.

The idea of both the pointshop and the !credits menu is to encourage playtime, and those who've played a lot can show off a cool hat or accessory which is otherwise difficult to get. As others have said, if it were too easy then a lot more people would own the rare / expensive hats, which makes them less desirable.

Neutral - I like this idea but I can also see why people want to keep the rarity of certain hats. I think this idea from Chris is better as it could act in the same way as the mafia briefcase or the burger

• Agree 1
  • The Garnut

Sometimes when I see suggestions like this, I feel like people just want things handed to them lel

I still find it that people go apeshit for totems, and ask me to spawn them in ALL THE TIME. As a result I don't see a need to buff them any further.

• Agree 2
9 hours ago, eXgGates said:

+1 People rarely prestige for points as prestiging past 3 is seen as poinless and a waste of money by a good portion of the community, most just buy points with ingame cash and having to walk around for 3+ weeks for 1 hat isnt grinding as much as it is just a burnout. id love to see this added.

That’s kinda my point though, there is currently no reason to continue prestiging past 3. The points shop changes that, you don’t have to “walk around” or afk to get points when you could instead grind to prestige . 

1 hour ago, hooboododoMartian said:

there is currently no reason to continue prestiging past 3

I mean personally I think it's just cool to have a high-prestige, even if there's no real benefit. If you're going to continue collecting XP anyways then may as well just buy the rebirth totem and roll it over 🙂 That said however, I'd still be up for the idea of higher-prestige rewards. We do have the vending machines which could perhaps have a few more high-rewards (but I guess this isn't the thread to suggest that) so might be worth coming up with some ideas and putting them forward? 👍 The points shop is good as it is though in terms of playtime rewards

• Agree 2

I guess some people thought I wanted this change just so people can be lazy and not grind for prestige, so they can get expensive hats easily, that's not the point. I love seeing some "rare" and expensive hats around and knowing that only a few people on the server own those hats/accessories and that not everyone can get those.

I like the fact that you need to grind (Or wait) to get a big amount of points, the problem is that grinding can be "exhausting" you get tired of it fast and if we add to that the fact that not everyone wants to grind at all makes the goal of getting certain expensive hat a hard task, that's why I'm suggesting an additional way to get some extra points.

To clarify: Artifacts (The white balloon stars not the other totems like the baby one) spawn every 20 minutes or so (Not sure about the exact amount of time) if the artifacts were to give you 1 or 2 points each it would be helpful, but you still have a long way ahead of you to get more points by any of the 2 previously mentioned methods to gather enough points for the hat you want to buy. So this suggestion won't replace the prestige as a way to get lots of points nor discourage to grind/prestige since you are only getting a few points for each artifact and this is in the case you are the one that collects the artifacts because other people will also be looking for these, so it won't be easy to get them, if you want it to be even harder than this then the reward could be random, so you would have a chance of getting a few spare points when you collect an artifact, let's also take in consideration the fact that the artifacts are not the only type of bonus that spawn, so there are already some variants that would make this hard enough.

TL;DR: This shouldn't discourage players to play and wait or grind and prestige to get points, since getting these extra points won't be easy at all, and it will only be a small amount (Enough to be worth). 

• Informative 2