DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Allow Hobos to use the same weapons as everyone else. (Like seriously)

Omnipotent

I've never understood why hobos were not allowed to use anything larger than a pistol, as if their burn victim hands can't handle it or something. The class is already nerfed as it is and 90% of guns are out of the question rule wise. Why have the class available if you don't want people to play it?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

-1: The hobo job can't be involved in any sort of criminal activity therefore there is no need to have a gun larger than a pistol for the job (You can't even be mugged as a hobo), they are supposed to build shacks on the streets and the fun of the class is to build stuff and RP rather than killing other players, so using the word "nerfed" while talking about a job that has no intentions to be better or worse than others is pointless and completely out of topic.

51 minutes ago, Omnipotent said:

Why have the class available if you don't want people to play it?

The hobo is one of the most played jobs in the server, and yet, no one complains about not having the opportunity to use larger weapons as such because you have no need for that, no one needs more guns to build shacks or to ask for money as a hobo, it seems like you have a very distorted view of the purpose of the hobo job

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
5 hours ago, Wendoly said:

The hobo is one of the most played jobs in the server, and yet, no one complains about not having the opportunity to use larger weapons as such because you have no need for that

2 hours ago, KingMash said:

Also that would be suck a headache rule to overturn and start to implement.

I'm rather neutral on this situation to be honest.

Hobos have been using guns larger than a pistol for a long time. The real reason nobody complains is that this rule is rarely enforced. In my experience, the only times I've ever seen people actually gain a punishment for it is for two reasons, both of which tie into eachother. One of which is someone just witchhunting keeping an eye out for hobos who pull out a large gun for even a second just to clip it and report it, and the other being people trying to get people higher punishments by stacking it on top of RDM, or even just trying to get someone punished for defending themselves from them. I've seen plenty of sits where players have demanded that both themselves and the reported get punished as they tried to RDM them, but the hobo used a big gun out of instinct. While in the end, this DOES fall on the hobo (before any of you say I am saying the hobo is completely innocent) there's a certain amount of witchhunting you can do with this rule. The big issue with this is you see a lot of report bias, you can see old players walk around with a sniper and nobody will bat an eye, but if a new player walks around with a shotgun, there may be someone who simply decides they want to try to get this person in trouble. These same people will not report those older players or players they lkke. This turns it into being not a rule that's enforced fairly whatsoever, and just an easy way to get a player you don't like in trouble.

That being said, it does make sense from an RP perspective to only have a pistol. I could MAYBE see a gun like a shotgun making sense, but I don't see a semi-auto or beyond making much sense. There are not a lot of reasons a hobo should be shooting people, in fact they really should only be defending themselves after being shot and that's about it. As such, I don't necessarily see a need for a hobo to have anything beyond a pistol from a role-playing perspective. 

To give my view, I personally don't give a shit. I think adding them isn't a big deal, but I can see why others may see that as a unnecessary change.

I'll make a final decision on my own thoughts after I see some new viewpoints.

2 hours ago, KingMash said:

rule to overturn and start to implement. It's been around for so long

We've overturned other small rules like this, such as hitmen not being able to base (which they are now allowed to solo base) so I don't think it's necessarily fair to argue rules shouldn't be changed based on how old they are. Rules should be changed based on what the player base wants, not what they wanted years ago. This is why suggestions exist.

• Informative 1
  • DarkRP Management Team

-1 nuff said above me, it seems that most players tend to forget that the hobo class is supposed to be so miserably broke that they don't own anything, their sole purpose is to beg on the street or preform for donations. Imo, they have no reason to have a weapon at all since they can't be mugged, raided, or arrested. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, StraightWhiteChristianMale said:

-1 ruins the idea and theme of the class for me

why does there need to be a set theme / idea to play a class? the more freedom / creativity the better if you ask me especially in this case. the same old idea and theme gets boring and stale. 

+1 i feel like allowing players to role play around the idea that they lost everything except the one thing they value which is there big guns or big gun would be cool. simply put it i feel the rule is unnecessary and takes away good potential RP. 

i mean what if a hobo wants to create a hut and make a little shooting range? 

14 hours ago, Wendoly said:

-1: The hobo job can't be involved in any sort of criminal activity therefore there is no need to have a gun larger than a pistol for the job (You can't even be mugged as a hobo), they are supposed to build shacks on the streets and the fun of the class is to build stuff and RP rather than killing other players, so using the word "nerfed" while talking about a job that has no intentions to be better or worse than others is pointless and completely out of topic.

The hobo is one of the most played jobs in the server, and yet, no one complains about not having the opportunity to use larger weapons as such because you have no need for that, no one needs more guns to build shacks or to ask for money as a hobo, it seems like you have a very distorted view of the purpose of the hobo job

Hobo is my main thing. It's literally all I play, and the idea that no one complains about its drawbacks is laughable. Most hobo mains my self included outright ignore the rules because they're asinine. I'm not going to build a huge response to everyone's input but at the end of the day it makes no sense. This is not a serious rp server where a hobo with an ar is gonna fuck your rp up. Half the staff just sit outside spawn and kill each other in between killing bystanders in crossfire. Is that impacting your rp? Or is the hobo in the sewers printing with an ak? It's not a serious rp server, we don't need stringent rp rules. 

2 hours ago, Merrick said:

-1 nuff said above me, it seems that most players tend to forget that the hobo class is supposed to be so miserably broke that they don't own anything, their sole purpose is to beg on the street or preform for donations. Imo, they have no reason to have a weapon at all since they can't be mugged, raided, or arrested. 

They aren't supposed to be. I've literally been arrested dozens of times for being a hobo. I always have fun with it and do a mini war with the pd. It's all fun and games until someone shows up and jails you for 5 minutes. There's no real reason to restrict one of the most popular classes to bare bones weapons and game play. 90% of permas are against the rules for them to use. 

Making these rules for rp reasons makes no sense when it's not a serious rp server that could be inhibited by such things. No one cares. It's time to just make it official.

• Agree 1

Besides all the off-topic things you mentioned I would like to see some of the reasons on why you think this is a good addition since you skipped the part of the suggestion format where you should mention how can this benefit the server. So, If it's not for RP reasons then ¿Why is it that you are making this suggestion?

My last input on this topic and I will have to repeat myself is that If the hobos can't mug/raid or get raided/mugged then they don't need more weapons since the idea behind the hobo is not to kill other players or get killed, if you get shot as a hobo then you could either fire back with the allowed weapons or report since you shouldn't get shot at as a hobo (Unless there is a hit on you).

Needless to mention this suggestion has already been proposed (And denied) a little over 2 years ago, there you can find similar replies to it:

1 hour ago, Wendoly said:

Besides all the off-topic things you mentioned I would like to see some of the reasons on why you think this is a good addition since you skipped the part of the suggestion format where you should mention how can this benefit the server. So, If it's not for RP reasons then ¿Why is it that you are making this suggestion?

My last input on this topic and I will have to repeat myself is that If the hobos can't mug/raid or get raided/mugged then they don't need more weapons since the idea behind the hobo is not to kill other players or get killed, if you get shot as a hobo then you could either fire back with the allowed weapons or report since you shouldn't get shot at as a hobo (Unless there is a hit on you).

Needless to mention this suggestion has already been proposed (And denied) a little over 2 years ago, there you can find similar replies to it:

Didn't realize they had a set format. Apologies

Rp reasons: My hobo hands are able to pick up guns larger than pistols. They're not delicate, there's no real reason hobos can't use them.

Aside from that, because there's no reason to restrict it. Who cares? Why would you care? Why does someone getting to use their favorite class to the fullest irk you so much? 

I suppose I also have to mention, once again, that hobos are often killed, and multiple times mayor's have banned hobos and police arrest them. Rather than act like a baby, and call daddy admin, it'd be neat to fight the police, and actually have some rp, what little there is on the server, because it's not serious rp.

Who wants to have to call the mods for everything? When many times there's only two active tmods or something and all the admins are afk.

My main argument is that the rule exists for 0 reason. 

22 hours ago, Wendoly said:

Yeah I get Hobos shouldn't have huge guns cause there is no way they could pay for it in roleplay but what if someone was trying to rdm you? Now that is where I believe hobos can use good weapons to protect themselves

+1 Although it doesn't make sense for Hobos to have good weapons I get it would be a good time to use those weapons as a Hobo when someone is trying to RDM you

Neutral 

I'm against it because in general there's not much of a reason for hobos to have larger weapons anyway, however using a pistol or a knife as defense when you're a hobo and someone just starts attacking you is really annoying since even if I kill someone with my DLORE in defense I could get reported for Fail RP. 

Hobos aren't supposed to attack anyway, so don't need bigger weapons. Yet can barely defend themselves since its just pistols and knifes. 

20 hours ago, Shin_Tsukimi said:

We've overturned other small rules like this, such as hitmen not being able to base (which they are now allowed to solo base)

Were comparing to hobo (the most played class) to hitman which personally I've never once completed a hit before lmao. Although I do see your points and you've got yourself a good argument here. If we allow hobos to have bigger then a handgun we're going to start seeing hobo's with AWP's and everything in between.