[MRP] Remove Respawn Timer

Reynolds

Introduction:
I feel like removing the respawn timer would be a big QOL change that would greatly improve player retention and create a better experience. I dont think anyone in this community is a stranger to rage / frustration of a simple death in war. I propose removing the respawn timer after someone dies and allow them to instantly respawn at base upon a quick succession of death. Players would still be allowed to linger after death for some RP scenarios.

1. “Anti-Rage”

Currently the main defecting player experience during a war is often just dying in bullshit ways that a player does not like (e.g Headglitching, being basecamped, death to explosion etc.) I feel like to alleviate player’s frustrations and to combat war toxicity and rage, having players instantly respawn allows them to think less of why they die, and they are immediately back in action running to collect ammo and plotting on doing good on their next war life. As it stands, players (especially newer ones) typically die and stare at another persons killcard as their ragdoll rolls down a hill, being softlocked for three seconds. Now on paper this doesn't sound bad, but when you start to build up constant deaths this experience can be subconsciously annoying. Also by combatting player rage, we also combat rage-quitters during war. Overall, removing respawn timers would boost countries morales and make the war experience much more fast-paced and enjoyable.

2. Player Toxicity / Talking over Dead Bodies

A smaller point, but I feel is still valuable to bring up. Essentially a small issue that players often have is other toxic opponents saying toxic comments while a player is in the death-screen. I feel allowing instant respawns would completely make trash-talking dead bodies useless, and would also diminish toxicity during wars.

3. One Consequence / Defib Issue

The only con to this suggestion is regarding medics. Although the current medical support scene on the server is lackluster, having instant respawns would effectively diminish the use of defibs on teammates that may die and instantly respawn. To counter this, I would suggest having a system like Squad(the game) where on your death screen you can see nearby medics. You would then take every single job string with defibs and code it so on death it shows the closest person who has defibs on their job. Optionally, you can have a “Call Medic” button where a body plays a voice line requesting medical assistance. 

also killcards would still exist, you can see it as your running to get ammo in base and would be an afterthought. 

that is all

- reynolds

Sent by iPhone

Edited by Reynolds
  • Like 2
  • Agree 5
17 hours ago, Reynolds said:

To counter this, I would suggest having a system like Squad(the game) where on your death screen you can see nearby medics. You would then take every single job string with defibs and code it so on death it shows the closest person who has defibs on their job. Optionally, you can have a “Call Medic” button where a body plays a voice line requesting medical assistance. 

+1  This is a great idea, it would really change the medic system and have more players actually playing the medic role during war. It could really change the tempo of wars. 

I also just have one concern, will players spawning on top of each other become a issue?

• MilitaryRP Administration Team

+1

Sounds like an interesting idea, can change up wars and make them a little bit faster, I would like to see medics stay, so I think you can chose to instantly respawn by pressing space and it also shows you nearby medics while you are in the “death screen”. Also I don’t think we would need to get rid of killcards as they can still pop up when you respawn.

8 hours ago, Nutter said:

This is a PvP game, toxicity during war is not something that I think we should try and eliminate.

not gonna cap, I added the toxicity stuff just to make the suggestion more politically correct and agreeable to the general audience idgaf about the toxicity shit 

5 hours ago, Naas said:

I also just have one concern, will players spawning on top of each other become a issue?

No

On 4/20/2023 at 2:32 PM, Nutter said:

and attack your whole ancestry. It drove players to try harder.

Does this mean, as a staff member, I can talk some mean trash during war? I’ve been needing to get some stuff off my chest recently. (joking… somewhat)

And with this suggestion, I think a lot of this can give a drive to players and have them engage more within the server. Nothing makes me strive more to get better than getting killed by an ISI member and my whole ego gets targeted for getting “farmed” by a T1 player. +1, this entire suggestion is a W!

• Like 1