DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Display a message when claimed prints expire

raqi

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum] 
Create a 10 minute warning message before claimed printers expire.

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]
This would help players prepare before printers expire to collect money from their printers before hand.
	Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]

local countdownTimer = 7200

local warningTime = 300

local warningMessage = "[Garnet] : 10 minutes left until your claimed printers explode!"

timer.Create("PrinterTimer", countdownTimer, 1, function() end)

timer.Create("WarningTimer", countdownTimer - warningTime, 1, function() PrintMessage(HUD_PRINTTALK, warningMessage) end)

Disclaimer: very rough draft of what the code will look like wrote this in like 10 minutes. More familiar with Bash so this is kind of out of my comfort zone. Don't know what the original claimed printer timer is.

Edited by Papiraqi
  • Like 4
  • Agree 2

Neutral i like the idea but in that aspect people can calculate around 2 hours in a time period idunno there’s still some option to know when claimed printers expire like you can use the clock app on the phone or even on the pc set 1 hour and 48 mins.I am also thinking it may get abused such as the system gets used in a way people claim it after the local warning message pops up will it just reset the timer back to 120 mins?

Edited by Gruels
  • Informative 1
  • Disagree 3
1 minute ago, Gruels said:

Neutral i like the idea but in that aspect people can calculate 2 hours in a time period idunno there’s still some option to know when claimed printers expire like you can use the clock app on the phone or even on the pc set 1 hour and 48 mins.I am also thinking it may get abused such as the system gets used in a way people claim it after the local warning message pops up will it just reset the timer back to 120 mins?

I understand what you mean by this, but whats the difference between having a timer on your phone and having the message in game? its a quality of life suggestion and I think it just makes sense to add it. Either way its "exploitable" (not sure if its against the rules to have someone else claim the prints when ur timer is close to finished but I will ask to make sure).

• DarkRP Administration Team
2 hours ago, Gruels said:

Neutral i like the idea but in that aspect people can calculate around 2 hours in a time period idunno there’s still some option to know when claimed printers expire like you can use the clock app on the phone or even on the pc set 1 hour and 48 mins.I am also thinking it may get abused such as the system gets used in a way people claim it after the local warning message pops up will it just reset the timer back to 120 mins?

when you reclaim printers that are already claimed it doesnt reset the timer. if i have claimed printers i get them for two hours but if someone else claims them after an hour they only get it for one hour and then if someone claims those after thirty minutes they only get them for another thirty minutes.

• Informative 1
  • Winner 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines