3 strike permaban for racism

mossly

I don't see the value in having people around whose thing is to be as racist as possible before getting banned. To that end, I think we should implement a 3 strike system; you get banned for racism three times and you're out.

• Cringe 1
  • Creative 1
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 2
42 minutes ago, Robert_Downward_Sr said:

+0.7

I mean it depends. In my opinion, it should be perma in the instances where someone spams chat with hard R, or on a textscreen. But like if someone says non hard in game in a non racist way, then you would use your 3 strike idea.

+.7 is crazy

but yea I like dis +1

• Like 1
  • The Garnut
On 10/18/2023 at 10:46 PM, Wess said:

First amendment. l o l

Good thing we're a privately owned organization and can tell your first amendment to suck a dick 🙂 I'm closer to my 30s now and the last thing I want to do is look at my creation full of 16 year old losers yelling racist shit

On 10/19/2023 at 1:55 PM, IAreGunner said:

Id rather find a way to permanently mute someone both chat and voice 

I think you just ... took a huge W on this, going to create a permanent mute function to give @stretchy

• Like 3
  • Spicy 2
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 3
1 hour ago, Nutter said:

Good thing we're a privately owned organization and can tell your first amendment to suck a dick 🙂 I'm closer to my 30s now and the last thing I want to do is look at my creation full of 16 year old losers yelling racist shit

I think you just ... took a huge W on this, going to create a permanent mute function to give @stretchy

common gunner w

• Disagree 1
On 10/18/2023 at 10:46 PM, Wess said:

First amendment. l o l

The first amendment prevents the government from taking action based on speech, not social/business consequences. This is also why if you are being racist in walmart or a theater or whatever they can kick your ass out.

It is really fucking awful that I would never feel comfortable introducing gmod to a friend because of the amount of racism. If a new player joins and sees racist shit, they aren't gonna assume it is just one asshole; it'll color their entire perception of the server.

Hey, out of curiosity; what's making you guys uncomfortable about heightening penalties for racism? You shouldn't have anything to worry about, right?

• 300 IQ 1
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, mossly said:

The first amendment prevents the government from taking action based on speech, not social/business consequences. This is also why if you are being racist in walmart or a theater or whatever they can kick your ass out.

It is really fucking awful that I would never feel comfortable introducing gmod to a friend because of the amount of racism. If a new player joins and sees racist shit, they aren't gonna assume it is just one asshole; it'll color their entire perception of the server.

Hey, out of curiosity; what's making you guys uncomfortable about heightening penalties for racism? You shouldn't have anything to worry about, right?

Introduce your friend to the most friendly game ever...... Rust!

5 hours ago, Nutter said:

3 hours ago, tdizz said:

common gunner w

chat/voice offenses = chat/voice punishments.

probably should create a log though so it's easier to manage/find out why someone is muted.

• Agree 1
17 minutes ago, Jared Cox said:

The fact you are against the punishment of racism is very concerning.

tbh i played on a rust server where it was unmoderated. sure alot of racism and homophobia but it was the best time and the funniest time i spent on rust. 

obviously this is gmod but i think very little amount of users would perfer unmoderated chats. The shit people would say would be bad but some people would laugh there ass off and probably have a good time.

obviously if you bothered by it then yeah mute them on client and server side but 100% im theres a small percentage of users that would love unmoderated chats, it just ain’t happening 

Edited by IAreGunner
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

Racism targeted towards individuals is usually permanent anyway. On SWRP, frequent fliers who display no effort to reform after returning from a ban are generally assessed for a permanent ban.

If people want to chat without rules, there's always private spaces for that. Even then, Discord records and stores all audio and video.

• Like 1