Dlore nerf

mossly

I tried to encapsulate the arguments made for and against any Dlore nerf in every previously made suggestion to avoid falling into the same rabbit-holes in the same discussion:

• "People don't like stuff they paid for getting changed after years"
  • Dlore opposes an advantage against people who don't use it.
  • Dlore usually goes hand-to-hand with the usage of perks and this could balance/imbalance any gunfight.
  • The use of the Dlore doesn't involve the need for high combat skills.
  • The use of Dlore involves at least some decent combat skills.
  • New players get dominated by Dlore users.
  • Crowning the Dlore as the best weapon on the server leaves the bast majority of weapons at risk of not being used.
  • Having a Dlore means not buying/using other weapons because it's pointless, but it's the best one out there.
  • The Dlore can balance things out when a newer/low lvl player uses it against high lvl/experienced players.
  • Dlore helps the server tremendously financially.
  • There are other weapons that do a very similar job than the Dlore.
  • The permanent machete has been nerfed previously removing the ability of being able to throw it (Due to exploits), proving that a perma can be modified and still being used/purchased.
  • In order to keep the disparity between weapons at a minimum, it would be helpful to nerf/buff other weapons instead of only focusing on one.
  • Raiding could become slightly harder due to the Dlore being the go-to for raid defense.
  • People will move to the next OP weapon on the list if the Dlore gets nerfed, obviously still overshadowing the rest of the weapons.
  • It removes the incentive to raid if most people use the Dlore for raid defense.
  • It removes the incentive to defend if most people use the Dlore for raiding

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-1: Still a redundant no. Reduce the reload speed or the fire rate (This is not what the suggestion is about) but don't touch the damage if you are not going to buff other weapons to balance everything out. At some point it should be evident that this is not going to happen, multiple same suggestions since 2019 and there hasn't been any progress made so far (I wonder why).

I look forward to new arguments being made and keeping this discussion fresh if it deserves to be kept discussed at all. Do not complain about people making the same arguments against nerfing the DLore if you are going to make the same arguments to nerf it as well 🫠.

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Winner 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
8 hours ago, Jbhh said:

-1. I bought the gun for what it is.

Didn't you just quit the server anyway?

2 hours ago, Wendoly said:

I tried to encapsulate the arguments made for and against any Dlore nerf in every previously made suggestion to avoid falling into the same rabbit-holes in the same discussion:

• Dlore usually goes hand-to-hand with the usage of perks and this could balance/imbalance any gunfight.
  • Crowning the Dlore as the best weapon on the server leaves the bast majority of weapons at risk of not being used.
  • Having a Dlore means not buying/using other weapons because it's pointless, but it's the best one out there.
  • The Dlore can balance things out when a newer/low lvl player uses it against high lvl/experienced players.
  • The permanent machete has been nerfed previously removing the ability of being able to throw it (Due to exploits), proving that a perma can be modified and still being used/purchased.
  • In order to keep the disparity between weapons at a minimum, it would be helpful to nerf/buff other weapons instead of only focusing on one.
  • Raiding could become slightly harder due to the Dlore being the go-to for raid defense.
  • People will move to the next OP weapon on the list if the Dlore gets nerfed, obviously still overshadowing the rest of the weapons.
  • It removes the incentive to raid if most people use the Dlore for raid defense.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-1: Still a redundant no. Reduce the reload speed or the fire rate (This is not what the suggestion is about) but don't touch the damage if you are not going to buff other weapons to balance everything out. At some point it should be evident that this is not going to happen, multiple same suggestions since 2019 and there hasn't been any progress made so far (I wonder why).

I look forward to new arguments being made and keeping this discussion fresh if it deserves to be kept discussed at all. Do not complain about people making the same arguments against nerfing the DLore if you are going to make the same arguments to nerf it as well 🫠.

The main argument, as I stated above, is the fact that our rules require you to be hit before firing back, but it is a one shot kill, hence why I think 10-20% nerf would be fine.

9 hours ago, WohMi said:

+1

Been sayin' this for a hot minute, but might as well say it again here.

Dragonlore is still the single most centralizing weapon on GarnetGaming. No other gun compares to its sheer ability to raid, defend, PvP, etc. It needs SOME sort of nerf.

People who -1 this post are honestly coping. Every single "-1" I have seen on these posts have rarely been citing any evidence, and is usually just a flat -1 or a -1 based on "I paid for it to be OP don't nerf it!" or "LOL no" At this point, some of you who've been saying "-1" are hard carried by this broken gun, and it shows.

Case in point. Also, @Torqwhen the hell did it get nerfed? Did I miss it?

also Hama you quit LMFAO

wtf gunner actually supporting a dlore nerf???

hard agree with Gunner, even moreso than original OP

I mean it already got nerfed u never get one shots anymore now it takes like 3 shots and if I’m paying 30$ it’s not gonna be a shit gun

2 hours ago, Torq said:

I mean it already got nerfed u never get one shots anymore now it takes like 3 shots and if I’m paying 30$ it’s not gonna be a shit gun

It's still a one shot unless someone has full perks

dlore is 1 shot to people with 100 health, it requires at least 2 if the player has got perks active which 90% of people do if they are downtown, nearly any1 can get the dlore, perm or not via the unbox for a chance and the 1hr option via ingame credits there is ways to get the dlore without paying, but you will have to play to get it.

39 minutes ago, jittaloogin said:

dlore is 1 shot to people with 100 health, it requires at least 2 if the player has got perks active which 90% of people do if they are downtown, nearly any1 can get the dlore, perm or not via the unbox for a chance and the 1hr option via ingame credits there is ways to get the dlore without paying, but you will have to play to get it.

Most people do not have perks, as they cost 40k

It takes many hours to earn credits for it (see my other suggestion)

As mentioned before, "just spend millions on unbox or AFK for 50 hours to get it once" is a stupid argument to make and it doesn't change the fact that it is remarkably unbalanced to the point of making all other weapons obsolete

6 hours ago, Wendoly said:

It's dishonest to make the point that both sides are redundant when one side is providing reasoning and the other side's only reasoning is "i paid money" or a generic "fuck you, -1"

7 hours ago, Wendoly said:

ried to encapsulate the arguments made for and against any Dlore nerf in every previously made suggestion to avoid falling into the same rabbit-holes in the same discussion:

I have solved the problem, remove all perma weapons except machete, and let me play death football again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

What's disingenuous is you being deliberately obtuse showing that only the arguments on your side of the discussion are valid, and the rest are just dumb/silly trying to ridiculize and disregard on any possible back and forth. It is important to make great arguments and be willing to engage with any argument in good faith, otherwise you will continue to receive the same responses.

4 hours ago, mossly said:

It's dishonest to make the point that both sides are redundant when one side is providing reasoning and the other side's only reasoning is "i paid money" or a generic "fuck you, -1"

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • DarkRP Administration Team

As much as I kinda hate how strong Dlore is unless you buy perks, you'll either have to find a good way to nerf/buff other weapons to compensate or you won't really get your wish.

Also I do think the money argument is somewhat valid. I'm a Genshin Impact player and I've paid money to have my strong anime waifus/husbandos, last thing I would want is for my investment to be suddenly crippled overnight. Kinda the same with Dlore, if you want it perm it's like $30. I'd hate to pay that $30 and then suddenly my purchase is sorta worthless 'cuz it got nerfed into the dirt. And in this server where like 90% of all the fun shit is monetized, you don't want to make the pay piggies mad.

Sorry man, -1 on this one. 

2 hours ago, Wendoly said:

What's disingenuous is you being deliberately obtuse showing that only the arguments on your side of the discussion are valid, and the rest are just dumb/silly trying to ridiculize and disregard on any possible back and forth. It is important to make great arguments and be willing to engage with any argument in good faith, otherwise you will continue to receive the same responses.

I am fine with any argument besides "I paid money" (which does not have anything to do with balance issues and is easily countered by mentioning edits to the machete) or simple "-1, I want it to stay this way" because that's inarguable; it is impossible to change someone's mind about an issue if they can't point out their reasoning

You can see me arguing in good faith this entire thread, aside from the previous comment.

1 hour ago, tdizz said:

Many have tried, all have failed. No point in nerfing the dlore right now unless it became a serious issue out of the blue.

Doesn't need to become a serious issue out of the blue as it's been one for a while

• Like 1

-1 NO

• It doesn't take 50 hours worth of credits to buy Dlore, anyone has access to it, and plenty of people will sell the unbox version for cheap and have a surplus of.
  • Anyone can buy enough perks (200hp+100armor) to not get 1 shot, it isn't 40k for two health perks, and even if it was that isn't that expensive.
  • If it WAS nerfed, then people would just use the next-best sniper (m95 Dragon) which is arguably just as good at base defense, even with a longer reload speed.
  • People have already invested into it, (many players bought it with in-game money for credits that's ALOT of farming!)
  • Would ultimately piss more people off then it would appease.
  • Has been suggested before many times, and has never been seriously considered that I know of.
  • People are afraid to raid because of it, (Ever heard of dance crouching to bait peek? Smoke grenades? Any tactic besides walking up to a keypad with a cracker?)
  • Mad cuz bad I suppose.
Edited by KiraFUBAR
  • 3 weeks later...

Denied
This would make the Dlore pointless to buy as a permanent weapon, 75-80 dmg would make it the worst sniper in the game. Options to make it more available to the common player will be looked into

Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion!

• Disagree 1