DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Suggestion - /911 Caller Location Map Icons

• DarkRP Management Team

spacer.png

Description: While playing as a citizen earlier, I noticed that a base was being raided and the baseowner was hopelessly underpowered, so I wanted to call the cops to assist against the raiding party. I went to type out my /911 call but realized I couldn't effectively describe the location in a way that cops would understand without a struggle. I would like to see icons added to the map (Much like the delivery location icons,) which show the location of the caller for 30-45 seconds after the call is made.
Reasoning: I feel this would benefit the server by giving players more of an effective way to call police to assist in problems at their bases or on the streets, especially in harder to reach locations that have low police coverage to begin with. This would allow more functionality to police, and expand upon an already existing function, /911, which basically is never used.

Additional Information: the screenshot above the post features Jayskie, acid, and mario. thanks guys

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

+1 as someone who plays the cp roles alot I would love to see this implemented. Iwas trying to think of something to help with /911, but this is the cherry on top.  

• The Garnut

I think it might be a good call to create a system similar to staff reports, where players to use /911 will ping all CPs screens, allowing them to see a beacon of the location. With that being said, how used actually is the /911 command?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
6 minutes ago, Nutter said:

I think it might be a good call to create a system similar to staff reports, where players to use /911 will ping all CPs screens, allowing them to see a beacon of the location. With that being said, how used actually is the /911 command?

I think it isn't used as much because most players aren't aware of the system. I think more players would be prone to use it if they are made aware, and CPs would make players more aware of the mechanic.

Eitherway +1

2 hours ago, Nutter said:

A good way to incentivize the use of 911 is respawn timers. Around 30 seconds or something along those lines but it can be made where if someone were to call 911, they would gain the ability to be revived by medic or a new job can be implemented called "EMT" which can use the defib from MRP in DRP. 

• Cringe 1
  • 1 month later...
  • DarkRP Management Team

This is a backburner thing, so don't expect it to be added anytime soon, but having an interactive 911 system is something we'll continue to consider for coming updates, a trello card has been created. 😄