DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Civil Protection - Radio

• DarkRP Administration Team

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum] Today I am suggesting that we implement a police radio. the police radio will be used by Civil Protection only. that will be their main forum of communication amongst the team.

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?] I truly believe that this will make being a Civil Protection officer more enjoyable. I find too often that when I roleplay as a CPO I fumble the ball because by the time I'm done asking for backup in group chat the thieves are already on to us. You can pull off raids more effective, arresting people at higher rates, defend the police station like seal team 6, and much more. You can have the mayor barking out orders, cpo asking for additional information, abs (all-points-bulletin) can be put out to help catch the perps, if you accidentally arrested the wrong guy don't worry you can talk to the warden and get him unrested without the hassle.  

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]  spacer.png

• Like 7
1 hour ago, hooboododoMartian said:

BUT make it so the mayor can kick people off the police force or else people are gonna mic spam tf outta these

Un-necessary mic spam is a rule just report them.

If this doesnt take too much optimization and space on the server +1

• Agree 2

+1

I think this sounds like an awesome idea! Just a thought though, what if the black-market dealer also sold a 'stolen police radio' for criminals to listen into? Only an idea, but I like this either way.

• Agree 4
18 hours ago, Danny_The_Dog said:

BUT this could also be abused

I mean it’s fairly simple to counter, do a 30 second cooldown on kicking people from the radio, or just have a mayor screen where you can disable people’s access to sending radio messages, they still would be able to hear them but not send them which removes mic spamming as an issue 

• Agree 3

+1

Great Idea, that I think gives more life to the CP classes and helps to communicate with other players. I'm sure something can be implemented to prevent mic spam like needing approval from the mayor to use the radio or something else.

• Agree 1
37 minutes ago, WohMi said:

No real need for this to exist. /g exists already to communicate long distances within the PD. 

I believe I said that above it takes too long to communicate that way your raid is over before it even started. Plus, a lot of CPO's don't know how to do that they only know /ooc and /advert and that alerts the criminals you are about to raid them.  

+1!

I really like this suggestion and feel like this would make the police jobs far more interactive and fun to play. If we can't get a Radio/Walkie-Talkie added for the cops, maybe we could alternatively get a separate voice channel in-game for the CP jobs (similar to the separate voice chat that Traitors get to communicate in the Trouble in Terrorist Town game mode) that casts globally, or has enhanced range compared to normal voice chatting. 💜

Edited by ednarbneumi
  • Agree 1