DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Low lvl players deserve equality.

• DarkRP Administration Team

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum] I'm suggesting that you may not raid players lvl 15 or lvl 10 and under. This is not a rule at the moment but more of a thing that if you get caught you will be looked down Apon. 

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]  It will help with new players wanting to stay on the server. All the time I see new players leave once raided by a high lvl player who wants their printers. Sadly 95% of those players never come back! just like /mug is lvl 10 and up, I really don't see an issue with this being implemented. 

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]

While I do see the benefits in theory, unfortunately there's some major issues with implementing a rule like this:

• How would a raider know the base is owned by a level 10-15 player? Do they have to check the TAB menu for each raid against the door owner? What If a level 10 was basing with a level 20 player?
  • A new unraidable-base meta would emerge where you could just ask a level 10 to own the doors to a base and hey presto, raid-free base!
  • New players would be discouraged to level-up, they could just ask others to collect from the printers and hand over the cash, so they can stay raid-free forever
  • If a new player has never been raided, it's likely they may not have gone through the trial-and-error stage of base design, it only delays this process meaning level 16 is the new, new. We all expect to be somewhat 'bad' the first time we play a game, and so our expectations of success are lower than after we have played for a number of hours, so it could arguably be more frustrating later on

As you say, it's more of an unwritten rule where if you know someone is new, you try not to give them a hard time. I think making it a written rule is tricky though and could potentially lead to more issues than it prevents.
I think it's possibly better to encourage high-level players to base with new players, so that new players can pick up on the knowledge of veterans while also forming deeper relationships with the community

• Informative 1
  • Agree 6

Chris said everything that needed to be said. While I at times do my best to avoid raiding anyone under lvl 10, it is not exactly something we need to enforce as a rule.

• Disagree 1

+1, i honestly kind of agree, they can do just about nothing to stop higher level players, i wouldn't wanna stay if that shit kept happening to me, now there would be multiple rules needing to be made and some other things for sure. But it would help honestly.

• Informative 1

Neutral

To be honest, I think it'd just be easier to help newer players by showing them how to base and giving them some weapons and cash to get them started. If we're trying to give new players some slack, can't we just help them out personally a bit more? 

I think even though this would stop higher up players from raiding them, new players on the server would just be the ones mostly screwing with one another and in cases where a level 40 player raids a level 5 what might be the chance that the new player knows how to report or knows that a rule is broken. 

• Informative 1
15 hours ago, ChrisRid said:
  • How would a raider know the base is owned by a level 10-15 player? Do they have to check the TAB menu for each raid against the door owner? What If a level 10 was basing with a level 20 player?
  • A new unraidable-base meta would emerge where you could just ask a level 10 to own the doors to a base and hey presto, raid-free base!
  • New players would be discouraged to level-up, they could just ask others to collect from the printers and hand over the cash, so they can stay raid-free forever
  • If a new player has never been raided, it's likely they may not have gone through the trial-and-error stage of base design, it only delays this process meaning level 16 is the new, new. We all expect to be somewhat 'bad' the first time we play a game, and so our expectations of success are lower than after we have played for a number of hours, so it could arguably be more frustrating later on

I generally agree with all of these points however I would like to make a counter argument, for the first 2 hours of a person being on the server, only they can take out of their printers and their doors cannot be picked, that gives new players 2 hours to build up to 250k ish which will give them a nice cushion to try and work from, this can’t be exploited like a level based system and it would make it so that even if they did get raided after and all their shit was blown up they still have a means to get back on their feet 

• Informative 1

-1, for a couple reasons.

Reason number one would be the usage of exploits by people who have alts. As @ChrisRid said, If I use "Robot_WohMi" who has never collected from a printer or leveled up to build my base, that quite literally gives me 10-15 levels in which the only XP source would be playtime XP in which my base is completely unraidable. Sounds very easily abusable and finicky.

Reason number two.... this won't help new players nearly as much as you think it would. Giving new players a "grace period" won't help them not get raided, it will just mean that instead of raiding a level 1-2 who has no idea how to build a good base, you're raiding a level 11-16 who has no idea how to build a good base. 

The best way to help out new players is to literally help them out. Find a player(s) whose base looks like they don't know how to spell "Keypad," and offer to give them pointers on how to make a better base.

12 hours ago, 1998Corolla said:

In cases where a level 40 player raids a level 5 what might be the chance that the new player knows how to report or knows that a rule is broken. 

@1998Corolla makes excellent points throughout their whole post, but this especially sticks out. I'd put money down that >90% of new players wouldn't check the rules thoroughly enough to find that they have a grace period, and that if implemented, this rule wouldn't serve the function it was intended for.

Edited by WohMi
Ragggh I love mobile editing
  • Like 2

Neutral

Can be heavily abused by smartass vips with their alts but i see why they'd need it, for example rpg spammers, nerve gas spammers with that ear raping dog whistle and over all people who would give them a hard time.

On 2/25/2024 at 8:52 PM, Chawhead said:

just like /mug is lvl 10 and up, I really don't see an issue with this being implemented. 

Raiding plays a larger difference compared to mugging bruh. 

• Agree 1

I see this as being abused easliy, /me makes 5 alts leaves one level 1 makes a base spawns all printers in level 1s base. Free money

Now, Maybe a Timer would work. Say... 2-5 hours where if you try to raid their keypads it wouldnt allow you to.

Edited by Gildarts

A lot of the posts above have mentioned how this can be abused. Adding a rule like this ends up causing problems, rather than resolving a single issue, you end up starting a domino effect of other issues down the line. Just help new players when you can and show them how the server works.

• Agree 1

I get the point of them not coming back and all that, but then again who didnt get raided when they were a low lvl. in my eyes its experience. Like computer said. Why take away the learning curve that helped most of us understand darkRP through trial and error? 

• Agree 2