DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

DarkRP Update [12/15/2019]

Nutter

• The Garnut

logo.png

F4 Menu

Job Descriptions 

Entirely removed from the F4 menu - jobs simply refer you to the MoTD now!

Menu Overhaul

Unnecessary code was removed from the F4 menu

Fancy features such as remembering the precise location/tab your F4 menu was at the last time you opened it has been removed.

Redesign

In the past, every given time that you would open your F4 menu, you would inevitably load up 100 playermodels at a time

This would cause pretty heavy lag on your PC, no matter how good your CPU/GPU combos are

The change I had made was simply to remove this feature from the F4 menu

instead, the playermodel for said class will only load once you click on the job you would like to check out!

1I7JF0H.jpg

These changes resulted in a total bump from a 56FPS average on a heavily taxed CPU, all the way up to 83 FPS average

a whopping 48% improvement to performance

In the future I plan on making it so each job's box is color coordinated to the class' color. IE: Police jobs would largely be blue, thief would be red, etc etc.

Smoke Grenades

N7yKSbZ.jpg

Smoke grenades similar to the ones found on the MilitaryRP server have been ported over to our DarkRP server.

Being that DarkRP's map is significantly less open and I saw these as a huge opportunity for (albeit donation restricted) minging

I had significantly reduced the size of smokes, their duration is shorter, and they are far less opaque

This in theory should make them a great tool when under gunfire in a narrow tunnel, or when trying to hold back a raid for an extra few seconds!

Bugs Fixed & others

Jail knives can no longer be dropped/picked up/put into inventories!

Ranks category added back to the scoreboard

Disabled the ability to lockpick ANYTHING other than a map door.

Picking fading doors is a role of the keypad cracker

• Like 4
  • The Garnut
3 hours ago, MainAccountBlair said:

JUST A HEADS UP!!! CURRENTLY AS OF 12/14/19 11:47 AM EST... the server is pretty bugged. Gun dealers can not buy any weapons, meth and weed dealers can drop any drugs. The only thing that can be bought and dropped from a player are printers as of right now.

I'm awake, time to troubleshoot! i'm assuming the issue is that the f4 menu doesn't display these things?

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 2