DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Mao's Staff/Helper app.

0Mao

In-game name:11B WO1 Mao
Age [17 18 in august]
SteamID (STEAM_0:0:612376101)
Warns:1 caused by Kyle death directly(tail had him kidnapped and in ts he told me to assassinate him so I did and got FailRp)
Timezone:[PST]
Playtime? [| 11B WO1 Mao has played for 141:41:29.]:
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES]
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES]
Referral(s): [While not directly told to apply I was told on multiple occasions that I would be good Officer/Staff]
Past experiences as staff: [Optional]MRP Head Admin, Community manager, Co-Owner on previous MRP Network which is now down was there for about 4 years and worked as the marshal equivalent of GRU I still have contact with the owner and could get references from old staff if that would be needed

How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs]
I felt the need and wish to apply for staff early on when I would be mid activity and be stuck because no staff could help, or having to run cross map for a 30 second sim because staff is either not on, not responding, or afk. I am in PST and usually once it gets semi decently late ~12 I have had difficulty on many occasions finding the help I need from staff due to nobody being on, at these hours I am usually bored anyways and due to my promotion I plan to spend a lot of time doing activities that will need, or at least be greatly helped by being able to set jobs and tp. I think this is such a big issue because part of keeping mid and low ranking enlisted engaged is real activity and things to do during peacetime although that is another topic. I also have problems with late night wars being lawless when they are not dead because I see many people basecamping or needing help but not being able to receive any due to pop being low/no staff active.

If I'm on and had the opportunity to help somebody out when it's not as active will promote a look of consistency and engagement with our day-to-day players. I also think there are way more things that would need staff action that goes unnoticed simply because they are not there to witness this, while this is a given I think with the amount of time in the thick of masses I will be in the future, Having one more experienced hand around would be great help. I also think when people have issues and they see somebody who's among them able to help them out it will increase outlook and morale among the enlisted. While I am still relatively new to this server I think being able to grow with the community and staff while help raise and lead 11B outweighs that. While I do not claim to be a community vet like some of the other staff apps I think I'm in the perfect place to grow.

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details
No
Have you made any previous applications, If so when?:I have not
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:I can commit 2-3 hours Mon-Thur to the role and another 2 as my WO responsibilities. On the weekend Minimum 7-8 hours typically.

Please let me know what you all think, I wanna be able to help to the furthest extent possible and not waste opportunities. Please also leave critiques you have on me/the app for future reference, staff or not I look forward to growth in our factions and server<3   

Edited by FNMJayden1
updated information
  • StarWarsRP Management Team
18 minutes ago, FNMJayden1 said:

Playtime? [150 at the time of posting but more currently]

Please do /playtime when in-game and then paste the message of your playtime in this section

• Agree 1

Mao, you're a good friend and I loved having you in Gb and watching you perform. You're a great Warrant Officer, however, there are a few things I dislike with your application, I'm going to list the good and bad about you real quick.

Pros
+ Great Warrant Officer
+ Pretty good past experience
+ Good community feedback

Cons
- - - Blamed your warn on someone else, this is a BIG issue with me because it gives off the feeling you may be negligent and irresponsible to the staff team and any mistakes you make, if you mess up you might just blame it on someone else. What you explained was meta-game and it should've been your responsibility to realize that it was meta-game and doing so was FailRp.
- - Your paragraph is worrying, my issue with your paragraph is there is no intent to actually protect the player base and their enjoyment of the server which is the primary job of staff. Your only reasons of wanting to be staff is to essentially just gain the power to noclip and teleport people which is NOT the job of a staff member, I recommend applying for GM if that is your sole intent.
- In your paragraph you kinda just repeated yourself and said un-necessary things to make it look like you put more effort into your application. 

Sorry Mao, but I'm going to have to give you a -1

I suggest learning to take responsibility for your actions, regardless of what happened it is still YOUR action and it cannot be entirely influenced by someone. It is your responsibility to determine what is and isn't a reasonable thing as well as something that you should or shouldn't be doing. I also recommend you attempting to apply for GM after your app cooldown is up if you do not have any intent to actually protect the playerbase, if you do then please express that in your next application instead of only stating you want to help with sims and tryouts.

• Disagree 2
1 hour ago, CanadianTyrant said:

Cons
- - - Blamed your warn on someone else

I sincerely apologize that just slipped past, I have since discussed it multiple times with the people involved and realized my mistake and I’m sure that that can attest to that. I did not include it due to me already knowing and have it marked as resolved in my head and for that I apologize and hope this provides better summary  

- - Your paragraph is worrying, my issue with your paragraph is there is no intent to actually protect the player base and their enjoyment of the server which is the primary job of staff. Your only reasons of wanting to be staff is to essentially just gain the power to noclip and teleport people which is NOT the job of a staff member, I recommend applying for GM if that is your sole intent.

I did not include the basics of staff job as I assumed that went without a a given and focused more specifically on what issues have been presented and what I think I would specifically contribute to. I without a doubt plan on protecting and serving the population and protecting their enjoyment wether that’s responding to reports, answering questions, anything that asked i’ll do the most in my power to get that done and demonstrate this in my actions and will continue to due so.

- In your paragraph you kinda just repeated yourself and said un-necessary things to make it look like you put more effort into your application. 

There’s nothing I can say about this I was tired and lost my track. If there is anything in specifically an elaboration on would be appreciated let me know and I would be more than willing to answer.

I do not want to see this as protesting or arguing with your decision but letting you see I hear what you say and how I plan to move forward with that. Thank you for the time and thought you put into your response and us.

+1

Again, this is the same bastard I couldn't stand training late at night one day and literally thought would just shoot up the server the second he got a gun. He proved me wrong and then some, reminds me of myself moving through the ranks like a damn rat. He fills the boxes, and even though there's some concerns of mine when it comes to his answers, I know for sure he'll cast them away with his performance as usual. Makes a good Officer, and I have no doubt he'd make a good staff member too. God Speed, Bozo.

I think i'm going to give a +1Mao is a great WO in army, I think he would make a good mod. Only thing that made me almost give a neutral was the content / description of your warns. I did not like the back story, i dont think it was needed. Best if you left it at i got a warn for FRP (Date) 

-1 Reason being is that ive spoken to you all of about 3 times i believe and there's just nothing that stands out about you, i havent really seeing you put yourself out there in support of the community. Going of of what brian said, you have to get to know everyone on the server not just your side. as a staff member it is expected of you to be in good relations with both sides. so my only advice is get to know everyone just a little better, when people bool out in the afghan war room or just normal afghan channel in ts hop in and talk to the guys. thats how people can make a fair judgement on your character.