DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Dual Factioning

James-R-Tanner

Description: so with this I suggest the partial return of Dual Factioning with some strings attached, 
so the idea is if as an officer in a base faction you decide you have reached the skill level to join the SOC faction of your choice you shouldn't be 
forced to abandon your position as a base faction officer in order to start playing as a enlisted in a SOC faction, instead I propose the ability to hold
a officer position in a Base Faction and a enlisted rank in a SOC faction, once the person qualifies to become a WO/BMI in their SOC Faction is then when
they should make the choice to leave their base faction in order to focus being a SOC Officer, 

specific wording of the proposed rule
[players may only be an officer in one faction however players are allowed to hold an enlisted rank in a SOC faction with consent from both faction leaders]

TLDR - can be an officer in a base faction and enlisted in a SOC faction / give the power to decide to faction leaders in order to ensure people don't abuse the system and just hold a rank to hold a rank in ether faction IE. must be active in both 

also for this purpose I looked at the numbers and as a reserve 2LT I have the most tryouts of any army officer this week while still being one of USASF's most active NCOs 

proving that its more that possible to be active in 2 factions at once since I'm not even the most active player given that I'm in the military 

• Disagree 6
  • Agree 1

+1 - Currently, both Taliban and Army don't have many officers in them. A lot of potential officers or officers in base factions leave to go to soc factions to have more fun or just to have better weapons or whatever; dual factioning would help solve this problem by allowing them the possibility to be in both, as long as they were active in both. I used to be in both Army as an officer and in GB as an enlisted, and I would still commit time to both factions; I'm sure many other people would do the same as I still hear about people complaining about it.

Edited by PappaEric

+1  Dual factioning would help out some factions so much.  Army and Tali dont have as many officers because alot of them are in SOC Factions. If people could dual faction they should only be allowed officer in one faction, but still be allowed to be in two factions.

10 minutes ago, SirSmity said:

Maybe a possibility of this happening would cause you to me rank locked as a 2nd LT or possibly CPL. You would have to mention which one you would like to main.  

and that would come down to the faction leader to decide how much the person in question can reasonably handle based of the amount of time they have to dedicate to the server / how efficient they are with said time. one of the main reasons I want it faction ran over staff ran so people can still reasonably move up in both while not screwing over ether faction, IE. your still held to the standard of both factions and failure to meet the standard would result in punishment in one if not both of the factions the person is in, 

however this is also the reason I want your second factions rank capped below WO/BMI because I personally don't think a person can reasonably be an officer in 2 factions while not shorting over one of the factions, 

another way to go about it would be a faction policy to rank lock a dual factioning individual to a specific enlisted rank / officer rank | but again this would be up the the faction to decide and honestly a faction could outright decide to ban the practice outright if its not something they want  

As someone who Leads a SOC faction, personally I would not want members in my faction dual factioning. Personally, if I let someone into my faction, I want them to be dedicated to it 100% because if someone isn't willing to give 100% why should I bother keeping them in or even getting them to an officer rank in my faction and then as you say, "Giving them the choice to either stay basefaction or full commit to the soc faction"? 

An actual solution to the problem of lack of base faction officers could be to just give permission to SOC Officers and Upper enlisted Host base faction tryouts and for SOC officers to be able to promote Base faction members. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Wyatt said:

An actual solution to the problem of lack of base faction officers could be to just give permission to SOC Officers and Upper enlisted Host base faction tryouts and for SOC officers to be able to promote Base faction members. 

Already a thing on army, All SOC officers have the same perms as a 2LT in Army rn. 

Hasn't been really working. Even though I have been pushing it.

Neutral

This was an issue during my Marshalship, as the idea of dual factioning was very popular at the time. I believe that dual factioning shouldn't be normal. It takes away from the idea of dedicating yourself to one faction, and takes away from the idea of learning and playing with your fellow brothers in a faction. I only put neutral because this is something that only works if the right people do it. Allowing people of low intelligence, or ability, to dual faction will overflow the server with self-important, power hungry 9 year olds.

If the suggestion were to be accepted, I would recommend a few measures:

1. Dual Factionees must get permission from Staff. I'm not sure exactly what level of staff you would prefer. I recommend Manager+, as they are in the position to be making faction altering decisions like this.

2. For base faction leaders, create a very concrete quota for those who are dual factioning. Nobody likes to fulfil quotas to be an officer, but if you can't reach at least 1 activity every two days on base faction(or whatever the quota will be), you shouldn't be dual factioning.

3. Make sure that they remember where their main role is. If they end up spending too much time on base, while neglecting SOC responsibilites, they should leave the SOC.

4. Most importantly to remember: You are not supposed to be an end-all be-all solution to low officer numbers. Dual factionees should only be used as a way to supplement and support the existing roster, to relieve stress from the few officers there may or may not be. The moment that SOC members overflow the base roster, it can get shitty.

TLDR: Only let trusted people dual faction. They should be approved by execs and must fulfil a quota to keep their position. 

• Agree 1
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

Denied

When dual factioning was available for Officers, every base faction Officer who dual factioned neglected their base faction. Whilst the thought behind this idea is nice, it has not had the effect on the server that some seem to believe it would.

• Agree 4