DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Dan McCarthy's Staff App

In-game name:  11B CW2 Dan McCarthy

Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 20

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:70512706

Warns: None

Timezone: CST

Playtime? [minimum 100 hours, use /playtime in-game]: 272:22:53.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: [YES/NO] Yes

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?]

Mao | Torres

Past experiences as staff: [Optional]

Staff on GG DRP
Head Global Admin Darth Gamin
Liaison for Imperial Gaming

How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

One of the most significant areas I can see myself being useful is late at night when most of the staff team is AFK or doing other stuff and does not have time to deal with minges. My flexible schedule allows me to be on when most people have already logged off for the night. In addition, I would also be able to assist in many trainings by teleporting people rather than having them run back to the area. In my option, I feel that this would make training more efficient and would result in an all-around better experience for newer players trying to level up early on. Another thing I would like to focus on is helping new players understand the server and how to properly utilize features that some of them do not know about or have little experience using. One example of this would be last night when I was on, one player came up to me and told me that staff wouldn't respond to him, and he had a question regarding how to donate and what I would recommend in the shop. Questions like these need to be addressed promptly to give players an overall feeling of comfort and assurance that someone is there to help them with whatever they need.

In addition, I would also be able to provide other staff members with help dealing with situations as I have been staff for this community in the past. I have had extensive experience with minges and trolls while I was on DRP, and a lot of that experience can be transferred over to MRP to help the community. Another aspect I bring would be my motivation to learn new things and new ways to improve the server and individual's experiences. One of the things that bring people back to the server is their interactions with staff. If people see them as abusive or power-hungry, they are less likely to remain an active member. With that being said, I would be able to provide another friendly and reliable member to the staff team. 

Thank you for reading my app!

Have a good day,

Dan McCarthy

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details: N/A

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: 2/10/21

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Most days During High Pop along with late at night. (5+ Hours)

Edited by Lieutenant General
Fixed Format Issue :)
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1

+1

App looks good

Has two referrals 

Has good past experience 

-/+1

Does not have a lot of experience talking or any interactions with you.

Needs to start interacting with the hole server and not just US

I mean i'm doing to +1 you but its close to a -1 for me and some other staff not knowing who you really are and other stuff like that but You should be ok for now just start talking with Tali in TS or something like that.

Edited by Bman
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

+1

A genuine guy I've played with and enjoyed my time with. Active, and somewhat well known by everyone, I'd say he'd be good, if not great as a staff member! Form checks all the boxes and holds some weight when it comes to reputation.

• Like 2

+1

I have seen you around on the server quite a bit, plenty of previous staff experience, and from my experience, a very competent player and probable Staff. Paragraphs are excellently written, I've had zero issues with you on a player level, and active in TeamSpeak. Overall I can't think of any situations where you would make a negative impact within the community or the staff team. Good Luck!

• Like 1

I'm sorry but since the last application the only thing i've seen change is you being in teamspeak which is a great step but i have only seen you on the server a little and by a little i mean ive seen you like for seconds in a week also this paragraph kinda lacks in my opinion but i love the points you bring up and the examples but more ideas should come to mind to helping the server out. Im very sorry but im on the edge for both sides here but i believe a little more work and you will be perfect for the job best of luck to you bro!

Edited by Gabeisthat
  • Informative 1

+ Mature player
+ Havn't had any issues with you
+ You seem to be doing good in Army so far
+ Great application with lots of effort.
+ Enjoyable to be around
+ Good time
+ Has experience
+ Has 2 referrals, one of which being a good member Mao

= Doesn't interact with Tali very often.

You're getting a lot of +1's from US side people so I suggest hanging around in TS, ask to get pulled in and just chill so you're better known.

It's a +1 from me though, good luck Dan.

• Like 1

Only good things from this man, +1
With that being said, I will not repeat all of tyrants reasons, just add some things you need to work on that are currently holding you back in general. ( Nothing that isn't unfixable)

-Get known more (Apart from tali, its also good that US SOC know your name)

-Show more involvement with 11B/A in regards to leadership roles (i.e Doc work, assisting officers, conducting tryouts, ect.)

Like I said earlier, all of this can be fixed fairly easily
Good luck Dan!

Edited by ShinyAtlas
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

+1

A good app so far, Great some example's, Just a bit of course but. Seeing him the generous guy and mature i've seen. Even he's active in game and TS at the same time. Due to the fact he does even enforced the rules sometimes and helped out the new one's.

Would be great to see this dud a staff if happens. GL dan my man!

• Like 1