DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

The New Mayor/PD/Tax/Lottery System

Bizzy

Last message:  

16 minutes ago, Bizzy said:

Ok just to simplify the income tax (if it ends up getting added in)

- Income tax has to be manually done by mayor

- Mayor can only send a tax bill to ONE person every 5 minutes

- A player can only receive a tax bill once an hour

- A TAX BILL WILL NEVER BE OVER 10K (OR WHATEVER WE SET IT AT) AND IS 100% OPTIONAL (YOU CAN EVADE BUT FACE PD IF THEY RAID)

- THE MAYOR DOESN'T GET TAX MONEY, IT'S DISTRIBUTED TO ALL PD (10-20% OF THE VAULT)

In regards to pd being unraidable, maybe @Nutter and @Proggy can change the rules so that PD can only have 2 fading doors for entrance.

Keep in mind, the tax bill is merely to keep the PD active and have a reason to raid bases. But remember, only one tax bill can be sent every 5 minutes and the odds of a big base evading it is small unless they want to have some action with the PD.

If you're fine with this rate agree, if not rate disagree

Ok so, I've received a lot of feedback on the suggestion I made, and it seems the only issue people had with the suggestion was the printer tax. Hopefully the way I've resolved it (see below) works for yall 😄

This new system would bring the following (simplified):

New lottery system:

- Just different UI and a nice animation that displays for participating players

- Needed to make this to simplify taxing lottery winnings

- Mayors can also participate

10e7d30868ce9440894b67e5d5cbc2e4.png

5fb076367479c851d54044e23ca8b713.png

This UI only appears for participants of the lottery:

92fd77ee25ba46a20aac0fff110255e9.png

a706cf9efd4610abc8eaa4db562a7195.jpg

A new tax system:

• The mayor will be a able to set a salary tax (0-45%)
  • The mayor will be able to set a lottery tax (0-20%)
  • The mayor will be able to set an income tax that players CAN evade when billed manually (0-5%)
  • Salary and lottery tax is automatically withdrawn, income tax is optional for players.
  • Every 10 minutes, 10-20% of the PD vault is distributed evenly to all Police players to incentivize people to play as PD.

The income tax is all other income (printers, selling things, etc...) and is not automatically withdrawn from you.

ALL TAX IS ADDED TO THE PD VAULT LOCATED IN THE MAYORS OFFICE.

Here's how the income tax works (not lottery and salary):

- The mayor gets a list of players with income that has not been taxed from when the player first connected.

- The mayor can bill 1 player every 5 minutes

- The player receives a bill and can choose to pay it or evade

- If the player evades it, they are wanted and warranted.

Due income tax bills menu:

648ddeef4a95ae09f84b1693282c1423.png

dd5ee0d5bb85c94b9b2db816b5512c6e.png

dbab9676b5efa018090e8208770787df.png

6dc090ba06ea031f8c18a499e6f81db0.png

A new PD Vault:

• All taxes are added to the vault
  • The vault will have a specific maximum it can't go above
  • 10-20% of the vault will be distributed to PD players every 10 minutes to incentivize people to play as PD
  • The vault is raidable if there is a mayor online and a specific amount of PD players
  • The vault begins a cooldown where it can't be raided when someone becomes mayor to give the mayor enough time to setup a defense
  • Anyone who kills a vault raider gets a % of the vault money

28bf5ad9d78afb88d9d8c33650a9a816.png

37ae8e8dd0506cc1e72261aef66908de.png

d57a633614d99c0f28b8674672d2acf7.png

e57c46890393ca6d3fbcca71dbc22854.png

Major pros of this system:

- This will revive the PD hopefully and lead to more people playing as PD (because of vault distribution)

- People will have a reason to kill the mayor if his taxes are not liked

- PD can now raid bases more frequently if people evade taxes

- Provides an actual reason to raid the PD due to the vault

Major flaws of this system:

- none haha

- yb better

- tmh wack

Let us know how yall feel about this potential update and if you want to see it or not

state your reasons plz 😄

Edited by Bizzy
  • Like 4
  • Spicy 2
  • Winner 2
21 minutes ago, Bizzy said:

Ok so, I've received a lot of feedback on the suggestion I made, and it seems the only issue people had with the suggestion was the printer tax. Hopefully the way I've resolved it (see below) works for yall 😄

This new system would bring the following (simplified):

New lottery system:

- Just different UI and a nice animation that displays for participating players

- Needed to make this to simplify taxing lottery winnings

- Mayors can also participate

10e7d30868ce9440894b67e5d5cbc2e4.png

5fb076367479c851d54044e23ca8b713.png

This UI only appears for participants of the lottery:

92fd77ee25ba46a20aac0fff110255e9.png

A new tax system:

• The mayor will be able to set an income tax that players CAN evade when billed manually (0-5%)
  • Salary and lottery tax is automatically withdrawn, income tax is optional for players.
  • Every 10 minutes, 10-20% of the PD vault is distributed evenly to all Police players to incentivize people to play as PD.

The income tax is all other income (printers, selling things, etc...) and is not automatically withdrawn from you.

ALL TAX IS ADDED TO THE PD VAULT LOCATED IN THE MAYORS OFFICE.

- The mayor gets a list of players with income that has not been taxed from when the player first connected.

Due income tax bills menu:

648ddeef4a95ae09f84b1693282c1423.png

dd5ee0d5bb85c94b9b2db816b5512c6e.png

dbab9676b5efa018090e8208770787df.png

6dc090ba06ea031f8c18a499e6f81db0.png

A new PD Vault:

• All taxes are added to the vault
  • The vault will have a specific maximum it can't go above
  • 10-20% of the vault will be distributed to PD players every 10 minutes to incentivize people to play as PD
  • The vault is raidable if there is a mayor online and a specific amount of PD players
  • The vault begins a cooldown where it can't be raided when someone becomes mayor to give the mayor enough time to setup a defense

28bf5ad9d78afb88d9d8c33650a9a816.png

37ae8e8dd0506cc1e72261aef66908de.png

d57a633614d99c0f28b8674672d2acf7.png

e57c46890393ca6d3fbcca71dbc22854.png

Major pros of this system:

- This will revive the PD hopefully and lead to more people playing as PD (because of vault distribution)

- People will have a reason to kill the mayor if his taxes are not liked

- PD can now raid bases more frequently if people evade taxes

- Provides an actual reason to raid the PD due to the vault

Major flaws of this system:

- none haha

- yb better

- tmh wack

Let us know how yall feel about this potential update and if you want to see it or not

state your reasons plz 😄

This is very cool. i hope this gets added to DarkRP

• DarkRP Administration Team

+1

This is genuinely awesome Bizzy! 👌

I think this will give a fascinating dynamic where the Mayor must strike a balance between keeping the cops happy (higher taxes) while keeping the civilians happy (lower taxes) and I'm excited to see it play out. Plus, not only will it boost the number of players working as PD, but it will also boost other jobs at the same time (such as hitmen, who might get paid to kill the mayor). Raiding classes actually have a reason to raid the PD too now, and it will inspire the mayor to become more creative with their defences. And the idea of a PC for the Mayor to work from is brilliant, making it far more intuitive then chat commands for people who are less familiar with the role. I'm also secretly excited to bribe the mayor into lowering taxes while I'm farming  😉  

I do have a few questions though....

1 hour ago, Bizzy said:

A new tax system:

If the Mayor is killed, changes job, or leaves the game; would the taxes remain in place? (e.g. salary tax is set at 45% and then the Mayor gets killed, does it keep taking the tax?)

1 hour ago, Bizzy said:

Is the PC protected so that only the Mayor can use it? (e.g. if there was a raid, could the raiders mess with it?)

1 hour ago, Bizzy said:

Does this mean anyone in any role who counters the raid? Or just PD?

My questions are more food for thought, but overall a huge +1 and I think this will be really interesting for sure.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ChrisRid said:

+1

This is genuinely awesome Bizzy! 👌

I think this will give a fascinating dynamic where the Mayor must strike a balance between keeping the cops happy (higher taxes) while keeping the civilians happy (lower taxes) and I'm excited to see it play out. Plus, not only will it boost the number of players working as PD, but it will also boost other jobs at the same time (such as hitmen, who might get paid to kill the mayor). Raiding classes actually have a reason to raid the PD too now, and it will inspire the mayor to become more creative with their defences. And the idea of a PC for the Mayor to work from is brilliant, making it far more intuitive then chat commands for people who are less familiar with the role. I'm also secretly excited to bribe the mayor into lowering taxes while I'm farming  😉  

I do have a few questions though....

If the Mayor is killed, changes job, or leaves the game; would the taxes remain in place? (e.g. salary tax is set at 45% and then the Mayor gets killed, does it keep taking the tax?)

Is the PC protected so that only the Mayor can use it? (e.g. if there was a raid, could the raiders mess with it?)

Does this mean anyone in any role who counters the raid? Or just PD?

My questions are more food for thought, but overall a huge +1 and I think this will be really interesting for sure.

1) if mayor is killed taxes are back to 0%

2) Only mayor can use da PC. If someone raids they might aswell just kill the mayor 😛

3) Anyone that kills the raider gets rewarded. This is to avoid people working with PD to try to raid the vault easy

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, Bizzy said:

Police shouldn't get the psychic ability to be aware of all printers on the server with the Mayor being able to claim illegally printed money in the first place. From a roleplay point-of-view, it makes little sense why cops who would normally need valid photo evidence of printers to warrant someone can get omniscient knowledge and the ability to target any player in the server every 5 minutes.

It might sound interesting but I personally know that if I am getting targeted and warranted because the Mayor is psychically aware of my printers and able to warrant me without evidence from across the map, that I would probably find another server to play on i.e. one with a bit more vanilla approach. As this suggestion stands I simply cannot support ascending our police force to have the mental acuity and awareness of literal Gods.

I could go further and explain why this wouldn't even work (what if my alt owns the whole base and I collect on my main?) but why not just create something that actually fits in with the roleplay? Or if we're going to make the PD into a psychic secret police made up of super people, we should add wizards and goblins too for the fantasy aspect.

• Informative 1
11 minutes ago, ShankNinja said:

Police shouldn't get the psychic ability to be aware of all printers on the server with the Mayor being able to claim illegally printed money in the first place. From a roleplay point-of-view, it makes little sense why cops who would normally need valid photo evidence of printers to warrant someone can get omniscient knowledge and the ability to target any player in the server every 5 minutes.

It might sound interesting but I personally know that if I am getting targeted and warranted because the Mayor is psychically aware of my printers and able to warrant me without evidence from across the map, that I would probably find another server to play on i.e. one with a bit more vanilla approach. As this suggestion stands I simply cannot support ascending our police force to have the mental acuity and awareness of literal Gods.

I could go further and explain why this wouldn't even work (what if my alt owns the whole base and I collect on my main?) but why not just create something that actually fits in with the roleplay? Or if we're going to make the PD into a psychic secret police made up of super people, we should add wizards and goblins too for the fantasy aspect.

The income tax has nothing to do with printers

It's like this:

- 10am you have $10k

-10:10am you have $15k

5k is untaxed

the mayor can send you a bill to collect the few hundred or whatever. If you refuse you get warranted for not paying taxes NOT for printers.

Also, there are legal ways to own printers (like through the bank) so taxing printer income makes sense

everyone please voice your opinion on this as if this doesn't seem to be liked by you guys it wont be added. dont b shy 😄

2 hours ago, StraightWhiteChristianMale said:

-1 taxes would be annoying with a server that has an economy like this

edit: also if taxes are reset when mayor is killed the mayor is gonna have to stay in his office if he doesn't want everyone and their mother shooting them

No taxes if no mayor. if you dont like taxes kill the mayor

simple maths

5 minutes ago, Bizzy said:

Also, there are legal ways to own printers (like through the bank) so taxing printer income makes sense

Yes, but illegal money has never been taxed. In real-life, ingame, etc., there is no actual logical reason why police would know about or have the ability to control illegal income.

My point is they shouldn't even know about it. It's illegally printed money.... is there some invisible gnome in my base that's snitching on all my illegal earnings? Are cops dirty enough they don't care that the majority of their funding will be crime?

If it would just WANT the player that doesn't sound overpowered. But to be able to individually target any person playing the game with a WARRANT and tear down their base with an army of cops, without any actual evidence besides the mayor's Godlike psychic abilities, sounds like an insane addition to the server. That does NOT sound like a server I would want to play on... I've played NaziRP that is more free than that.

• Informative 1
4 hours ago, ShankNinja said:

Yes, but illegal money has never been taxed. In real-life, ingame, etc., there is no actual logical reason why police would know about or have the ability to control illegal income.

My point is they shouldn't even know about it. It's illegally printed money.... is there some invisible gnome in my base that's snitching on all my illegal earnings? Are cops dirty enough they don't care that the majority of their funding will be crime?

If it would just WANT the player that doesn't sound overpowered. But to be able to individually target any person playing the game with a WARRANT and tear down their base with an army of cops, without any actual evidence besides the mayor's Godlike psychic abilities, sounds like an insane addition to the server. That does NOT sound like a server I would want to play on... I've played NaziRP that is more free than that.

Maybe a midway compromise, bankers can only be taxed on printers. I agree, printers being taxed is a horrible idea, unless it's through legal ways.

Suppose your targeting someone's base, they want to keep making money so they evade, without knowing police are camping outside their base ready to destroy it. I can see serious targeting issues coming from it.

Everything else sounds cool though

@ShankNinja is one of our bigger bases so I trust him on printer tax, and the idea of the mayor being someone who can see all printers being used is honestly stupid. The cost of both our bigger printer users using printers less thanks to this and the amount of easy ways to harrass someone with warrants through this is staggeringly large. 

-1 if you intend to add the printer taxes like this

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
  • Agree 2