DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Bitcoin Miners - suggestion

Okay so I think garnet has some great things added already but I've been really trying to think of new jobs or opportunities to make extra money passively. I think when you make a decent base it typically has a few printers maybe a meth stove or two. That's about it, with the introduction of bitcoin miners it could give a new way to farm money and XP alongside your other base goods. Could also introduce a new job for it specifically or not depends on where this suggestion goes.

As far as benefiting goes, I feel like adding new content is always a +.

64a3456d2e44cb67baa49aea42703f5c.png

Edited by SGTMoe

Here's some attention to detail. Notice the screenshot is taken on evocity, a map that is virtually only used when vehicles are also involved. GG DRP is a mostly vanilla server; however, maybe if GG CRP comes back to life you could make the suggestion there since A: There will already be downloads. and B: It gives players an additional reason to buy the more utilitarian vehicles from the dealer.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Pluto_ said:

Here's some attention to detail. Notice the screenshot is taken on evocity, a map that is virtually only used when vehicles are also involved. GG DRP is a mostly vanilla server; however, maybe if GG CRP comes back to life you could make the suggestion there since A: There will already be downloads. and B: It gives players an additional reason to buy the more utilitarian vehicles from the dealer.

Fair enough honestly, would prob be better suited for CityRP if it were to return.

• Agree 1
54 minutes ago, StraightWhiteChristianMale said:

True, but I am confused why you quoted me? Is it to make the suggestion look bad?

Yes and no, it was to say that all people do is sit in their base and farm. Also because all people use is one way to make money 

11 hours ago, lmay said:

big -1.

Economy is already broken due to people with alts, we don't need to give anyone more ways to make money. Printers and meth are good enough.

Kinda splitting hairs with you here but hear me out. 

All big farm bases have a way to get printers in and out. If there was another way to make money, then the exact bases you're referring to will build a way to get those items in and out just as fast as printers, but it also creates a bigger hole, and what do bigger holes do? they entice raiders, especially if the bigger holes are on the biggest bases. This brings us back to Cityrp. If we had CRP then we could add this and it would 100000% increase your odds of a successful raid just because of the nature of the bigger holes, you could run in on foot, try to get in the car as they're pulling in, or just try to force your car through as fast as possible in an attempt to get inside. It would completely revolutionize both raiding and building, and it would all be new. But..........................

shrek-like-thats-ever-gonna-happen.gif

• Cringe 1
  • Winner 1
5 hours ago, Pluto_ said:

try to get in the car as they're pulling in, or just try to force your car through as fast as possible in an attempt to get inside.

shrek-like-thats-ever-gonna-happen.gif

or just nocollide car 😈

Edited by Rapts
  • DarkRP Administration Team

While the bitcoin miners might be pretty cool, the reason for my -1 is to keep the vanilla aspect of the server and reduce the download which is one of main reasons I liked Garnet DarkRP over other servers. Perhaps if CityRP came back, this could be something interesting to try out there and I'd be happy to give it a go for sure.

17 hours ago, Jaz- said:

all people do is sit in their base and farm. 

I can't see any issue if people just want to enjoy printer-farming with their friends? In fact the baser / raider aspect of DarkRP is one of the oldest concepts of the game mode. I'm personally not a fan of raiding myself, but I still see why others enjoy it. That's the beauty of DarkRP, there's something for everyone; that includes chilling with a few friends while farming printers and listening to music. 

17 hours ago, lmay said:

Economy is already broken due to people with alts

I made millions without the use of alts by simply buying printers off other people and manufacturing meth. In fact I would often check the TAB menu and I was usually in the top 5 richest online, all without the use of any alts. It's only in recent times I use alts when the server pop is low and I fancy farming, so in that sense I'm living proof you don't need alts to still become incredibly wealthy relative to others in-game. It's just whether you want to spend the time and effort getting to that point, just as I and many others have done? 

Edited by ChrisRid
typo lol
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, ChrisRid said:

by simply buying printers off other people

Exactly. That's what some of our community members completely miss is that whether server pop is at 103 because of farms or "real players", there will never be 103 people visible all at once or even close, people will be afk, people will be in bases, and yeah some people like to walk around with some bubby buddies. Hell, at least half of the real active players you see everyday in the street don't farm, and may not have even based in years. There will be roughly 120-210 printers somewhere on the map everyday, all that determines who will be the richest is whoever is most content to sit behind those props like the fucking Alamo, sometimes for quite literally 2 full days at a time. 

• Agree 3