DarkRP Update [10/26/2022]

Nutter

• The Garnut

logo.png

Definitely the last time in a long while that I'll stay up until morning time working on an update.

Rip sleep schedule

GARNET HOW DO I THE PUMPKIN HAT?????

How to get the Pumpkin Hat

(Event System)

On intervals, downtown will be attacked by hoards of zombies and other creatures. Those must be defeated in order to secure yourself a limited edition Pumpkin Hat.

8fbc55967a8b5b4951e0627d81e9b713.jpg

When it comes to tracking your progress, all players may speak to an NPC found across from spawn!

48c829070113ee24e92b7f5191880557.png

The latter option will provide you with a detailed explanation of what it is you're missing to get the hat

0661d5b2542449e7f175a04610885e88.png

Pinhead

General optimizations to the AI's calculations

359cb4b91e86a71f3b28b3c986fdf595.png

Music will be heard in a radius twice as large as before to indicate Pinhead is tracking you

Panic mode music will begin playing much closer than before

Distance at which Pinhead will track you down is doubled, making it more difficult to escape

The attack range of pinhead has been significantly decreased, making it easier to escape

Pinhead now has a 5 second cooldown between haunts, making it easier for large parties to escape

Access

An NPC has been added to spawn in order to be transported to the backrooms

There are multiple spawnpoints making it all that much more confusing to find a bearing on how to escape

52cde891044fffceadde81709660b539.png

If that wasn't hard enough, the escape route will also periodically change once a party of a few players has escaped

The following notification will print to chat once the escape/extraction points have changed

2ec45fec9080abc48035865ab5147065.png

Police & Taxation System

After many months, @Bizzyreturned and patched up what was broken with our police and taxation system

Police Vault

The vault will now gain money based off of the Mayors' actions

Taxation on Lottery is present,

Taxation on Salary is present,

and finally, Income Tax which is fully evadeable

b7b6f572a2a2e9d8bb183c741baf8f78.jpg

Taxed money will go to the Vault, as well as dispersed between CP players!

Repaired police vault and taxation, those two features will now work properly!

• Like 7
  • Winner 1
  • DarkRP Management Team

This is the biggest Halloween update I've seen in my time here, and my favourite so far. Although, I've been to the backrooms a few times and never had the pinhead come after me x) - Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Love it keep it up ❤️

• Like 1
  • The Garnut
Just now, Merrick said:

This is the biggest Halloween update I've seen in my time here, and my favourite so far. Although, I've been to the backrooms a few times and never had the pinhead come after me x) - Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Love it keep it up ❤️

Very odd you've never seen pinhead but managed to escape. Most people can't find the exit, but keep running into pinhead lol.

And thank you for the kind words, definitely about a hundred hours were poured into this update over the last week

• Like 1
  • DarkRP Management Team
Just now, Nutter said:

Very odd you've never seen pinhead but managed to escape. Most people can't find the exit, but keep running into pinhead lol.

And thank you for the kind words, definitely about a hundred hours were poured into this update over the last week

Well worth it I'll assure you, from both my personal experience and from hearing the players on the server, it's nothing but praise. 

Also, I escaped without ever finding the pinhead, I just kept running around until it let me out. lol And another time I just killed myself because I couldn't get out and also couldn't die to pinhead. I'll try again with the new buff. 

• Haha 1
  • The Garnut
6 minutes ago, Merrick said:

Well worth it I'll assure you, from both my personal experience and from hearing the players on the server, it's nothing but praise. 

Also, I escaped without ever finding the pinhead, I just kept running around until it let me out. lol And another time I just killed myself because I couldn't get out and also couldn't die to pinhead. I'll try again with the new buff. 

Probably caught it when I had just bugged it out, I believe I fixed it minutes later haha. That has been updated today as well.

b6091286b1e8fe6ad458dedc96182d9b.jpg

Huge turnout to this update with people participating moments after the release, super nice to see!

6e9225c9c42636df0f8a1fd36c855fa8.png

Our first pumpkin hat owner within 5 minutes of the restart

1e3248c987949ec85cda42a9b8a19601.png

@Graffxjr

27163fb4291f0cc7172323bcdc41ce5e.png

Following events, players can choose which event type they want to come up next. For halloween, I didn't feel it was necessary to have more than 2, although, this will be expanded upon towards Christmas!

57a4c6a71d0195810085a0b0ec4f2344.jpg

• Like 4