Allow Executives (Or Admins) to Remove Textscreens

• DarkRP Administration Team

+1 This would be super helpful especially when it comes down to the racism text screens and I cant see who put it there, but by making it where its removeable would be a life saver and you can see who it owns it.  Win Win IMO

+1

I think it would be a great idea for the reasons Shin has suggested. I can understand why it has been restricted, given the possibility of abuse by deleting building / kos signs on bases, but if this ability was limited to a high enough rank to avoid these issues then it would only serve to benefit the community.

5 hours ago, ChrisRid said:

+1

I think it would be a great idea for the reasons Shin has suggested. I can understand why it has been restricted, given the possibility of abuse by deleting building / kos signs on bases, but if this ability was limited to a high enough rank to avoid these issues then it would only serve to benefit the community.

More importantly (and an opportunity to re-express my disdain for a pay4staff system): if you can't trust staff of most levels (aside from first rank) with basic tools like prop removal and textscreen removal, then you shouldn't have those people as staff in the first place.

• Informative 1
45 minutes ago, mossly said:

More importantly (and an opportunity to re-express my disdain for a pay4staff system): if you can't trust staff of most levels (aside from first rank) with basic tools like prop removal and textscreen removal, then you shouldn't have those people as staff in the first place.

It's important to demonstrate responsibility before allowing greater access to commands and tools which have the potential for abuse, not to do so would be reckless. These 'basic' tools are somewhat unique in their ability to be abused, hence the reason for the suggestion of higher-ranks only. The risks between staff who've bought VIP Mod and those who have applied through the forums are actually equal, it's down to the individual whether they choose to go rogue, and loosing $50 is quite a price to pay for 5 minutes of trouble making which is why is so rarely happens.

58 minutes ago, ChrisRid said:

It's important to demonstrate responsibility before allowing greater access to commands and tools which have the potential for abuse, not to do so would be reckless. These 'basic' tools are somewhat unique in their ability to be abused, hence the reason for the suggestion of higher-ranks only. The risks between staff who've bought VIP Mod and those who have applied through the forums are actually equal, it's down to the individual whether they choose to go rogue, and loosing $50 is quite a price to pay for 5 minutes of trouble making which is why is so rarely happens.

Yeah, but there has been a very nonsignificant amount of times where someone has put a sign up that says the gamer word over and over again leaving the moderators online completely helpless