Megabasing Rule edit

Jbhh

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]

Edit the mega basing rule for Crips/Bloods/Grove to say Mega Bases may not obstruct the street or traffic opposed to Mega bases may not go across the street.

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]

The Current rule for mega basing states that you can mega base with a leader and 3 gang members in so far as it does not go across the street. This arbitrarily limits the basing opportunity when it is very easy to be able to build sky bridges that connect bases of similar height. There is no harm in having sky bridges that connect bases as they do not obstruct traffic or prevent anyone from doing anything on the server. Additionally there are only 3 gangs so there can only be 3 mega bases up at once so this isn't something that can become a pervasive thing.

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]

Look this is the base that is making me want to make this suggestion. There is no obstruction and it provides ample space for anyone to build as a hobo or role play in any other way.

lsKurom.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I agree entirely. There is a massive portion of buildings that often go unused, and there isn't much logic behind maintaining this long-lived rule on Dark RP. Having the ability to own and construct between multiple buildings, even skimming the streets (long as there's plenty of room for the average person to cross freely) should be allowed. Considering the vehicles were removed from the RP many years ago makes the streets being fully open unnecessary. As someone who's been in this server for approximately 6+ years, this rule has condemned us players to a limited experience by not only removing cars (irrelevant), but upon doing so continuing to restrict our base building creativity/roleplay. Allowing this would make for a more immersive experience.

• Winner 3

I appreciate that more people seem to be using megabases, since they rarely had any use before. However, the idea of allowing the building of sky bridges to interconnect bases just doesn't sit right with me. Not only it looks bad but it also prevents people from using certain swep's to travel around (e.g. Spiderman swep and parkour swep) opposed to what you said about keeping good traffic.

Even in the image that you used we can appreciate Camp's hobo hut clipping through the "sky bridge", if people were to build a sky bridge that goes beyond the 6x6x6 space that hobos are allowed to use for their huts maybe it would be a good idea if you can make it work.

Besides, from my experience in order to build a megabase the players can only connect 2 or 3 buildings that are shoulder to shoulder, without resorting to some gymnastics to get to the other building that is located meters away from one each other, it just doesn't seem right since the map already has a bunch of buildings with plenty space inside to go ahead and make the streets your new canvas.

I will only support the following change; This will allow for building only over the sidewalk (without allowing sky bridges that obstruct the view and walkable space) to connect multiple bases.

• Disagree 4
30 minutes ago, Wendoly said:

I appreciate that more people seem to be using megabases, since they rarely had any use before. However, the idea of allowing the building of sky bridges to interconnect bases just doesn't sit right with me. Not only it looks bad but it also prevents people from using certain swep's to travel around (e.g. Spiderman swep and parkour swep) opposed to what you said about keeping good traffic.

Even in the image that you used we can appreciate Camp's hobo hut clipping through the "sky bridge", if people were to build a sky bridge that goes beyond the 6x6x6 space that hobos are allowed to use for their huts maybe it would be a good idea if you can make it work.

Besides, from my experience in order to build a megabase the players can only connect 2 or 3 buildings that are shoulder to shoulder, without resorting to some gymnastics to get to the other building that is located meters away from one each other, it just doesn't seem right since the map already has a bunch of buildings with plenty space inside to go ahead and make the streets your new canvas.

I will only support the following change; This will allow for building only over the sidewalk (without allowing sky bridges that obstruct the view and walkable space) to connect multiple bases.

You can still swep in every manner, spider man swep works on props so does climb swep as far as obstructing view who really cares, its gmod you get people who put up dogwhistley nazi camps or shitty hobo shacks. The map is like 10+ years old and is getting stale every other base is just the same with minor variations. I don't believe the negatives outweigh the positives, I do appreciate your response though.

I wonder how anyone could get past that tunnel with a giant bridge and hobo hut covering a large part of the space. This is what we would see if your suggestion was accepted. I just wish people were more critical when supporting a potentially big suggestion such as this and seeing the disingenuous reasoning for it.

But yeah just to restate and close on this one; -1 To the general suggestion but +1 to the idea of widening the space available for megabases to occupy the sidewalks only (Even thought that is not what this suggestion is about)

Edited by Wendoly
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Disagree 1
45 minutes ago, Wendoly said:

I wonder how anyone could get past that tunnel with a giant bridge and hobo hut covering a large part of the space. This is what we would see if your suggestion was accepted. I just wish people were more critical when supporting a potentially big suggestion such as this.

But yeah just to restate and close on this one; -1 To the general suggestion but +1 to the idea of widening the space available for megabases to occupy the sidewalks only (Even thought that is not what this suggestion is about)

I believe I've thought pretty critically about this one. Hobo cities and hobo huts already prevent movement in a ton of ways some of the time, 99% of the time a mega base won't even be up because people wont put in the commitment to build one. Just to kinda show this rule being a bit asinine here is a base that is legal as it does not go across the street. Look this rule not being changed obv isn't the end of the world but building is so fucking stale rn I think this would be a nice change of pace. Whether or not this rule is changed I will still be mega-basing from now on tbh.

cuiOCnj.png

• Like 1