DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Fix/Improve the Ability to see who owns a prop.

Description: We need to fix or add a new addon that gives you the ability to see who owns a prop. I frequently run into the issue where I cannot see who owns a prop I have talked to numerous members of the community and many others experience it too. This bug doesn't always happen and its not for every prop but often I will not be able to see who owns the props to a base. Also when someone is prop minging/blocking I wont be able to see who's props it is to be able to report them.

Reasoning: Being able to see who owns props is an integral feature of the server for many RP reasons as well as being able to enforce/report basing or prop blocking rules.

Additional Information: As I previously stated this doesn't happen all the time or to everyone but it does happen to many players including myself. I have lost count of the amount of times I've been prop blocked in my base and cannot see who owns the prop to be able to report them. Its also a helpful tool if multiple people are basing together in a fail base and you cannot see who actually owns the props.

as a cop in an RP situation there's even been times where I am not able to warrant a base because I can't see who owns the props and the doors are hidden.

There are numerous addons on the workshop that would be an easy fix to this if the current one can't be easily fixed consider adding an additional addon to solve this problem

+1

Has been an issue for a minute. It really is annoying when in staff sits, I can't tell who I need to bring/reconnect or it gives me an incorrect name for a prop.

+1

I've noticed this for a while too, especially when someone prop blocks/traps and I can't figure out who owns the props. Not to mention,  I can totally see this being a huge pain in the ass in RP situations for cops trying to get a warrant.

• DarkRP Administration Team

For sure. Makes everything harder when people cannot see who owns a prop, myself included. Though I do wonder if it's a thing that can easily be patched or it's just a bug that kinda exists.

In principle though, +1

4 hours ago, Omnipotent said:

I don't know that its as easy as just "fixing" it, I feel like if it were an easy patch and go it would have been done by now. But yes this sucks

+1

I did a quick browse and found numerous workshop addons for servers that display prop owners. if the current addon is hard to fix replacing it with a working one shouldn't be a challenge hopefully.

• The Garnut

Hey um, would anybody be able to provide me any footage of what is being reported here? Myself and some higher staff have absolutely no idea why some of you find it difficult to see a prop’s owner. 
I can very easily add a command to scan nearby props and report to a player who owns them, but I’m trying to make sure we’re on the same page.

currently prop owners are notated to the middle left of the screen, in white text

10 minutes ago, Nutter said:

Hey um, would anybody be able to provide me any footage of what is being reported here? Myself and some higher staff have absolutely no idea why some of you find it difficult to see a prop’s owner. 
I can very easily add a command to scan nearby props and report to a player who owns them, but I’m trying to make sure we’re on the same page.

currently prop owners are notated to the middle left of the screen, in white text

Yeah I’ve always seen the screen you’re talking about even when I’m not staff. Not sure what they mean either 

• Like 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

Don't have any pictures on hand unfortunately, though I can say that I see this at times with people's bases. I can look at what is clearly a prop wall spawned in, yet the "Prop Owner: NAME" never shows up on the side no matter where I look. It doesn't happen all the time mind you, but enough people can say it has happened. Received a few reports over time of propblock and the username was never able to be revealed to me until I did /removeprop on one prop of theirs.

Though if anyone does have pics that would be pretty helpful.

• Informative 1
  • The Garnut
5 minutes ago, Errol said:

Don't have any pictures on hand unfortunately, though I can say that I see this at times with people's bases. I can look at what is clearly a prop wall spawned in, yet the "Prop Owner: NAME" never shows up on the side no matter where I look. It doesn't happen all the time mind you, but enough people can say it has happened. Received a few reports over time of propblock and the username was never able to be revealed to me until I did /removeprop on one prop of theirs.

Though if anyone does have pics that would be pretty helpful.

Oh, this was last an issue probably 2-3 weeks ago, it's since been resolved 🙂 please let me know ASAP if it persists to be a problem?

• Merk locked this topic