Timezone: EST
Current Playtime:283:43:17
Do you have access to Discord and a microphone?: Yes
Are you a member of the Garnet Gaming DarkRP Discord?: Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:Yes
Referral(s): mrjohnweak and StS Recon
Past experiences as staff: None

Why should we choose you over other applicants?:

I've been a consistent player on this server for years, dating back to 2016 I believe. I exceed the minimum requirements and a lot of the staff already knows me and knows I understand the rules. I also have reported a lot of players so I feel I understand the decision making process by admins pretty well. I don't have any previous staff experience BUT that means I'm a clean slate for learning how exactly Garnetgaming moderates it's DarkRP server. I only play DarkRP on Garnetgaming's server as well so I won't get any rulesets from other servers confused with this one. I've had jobs that required me to multitask at a computer so I feel that would definitely help with managing sits as a staff member. I'm receptive to criticism so any correction or lesson will only make me better. I'm a relaxed guy who won't get flustered by anything or anybody and will do well assisting this community as a member of staff.

I do work overnights, it's not great for anything else in my life but at least it's a plus when considering I'll be on when most of the staff won't be! Hahah. I've done a lot since my bans that I believe has made me a better person, I was a Firefighter/EMT for the majority of the time since my bans and seeing people from all walks of life in terrible scenarios has absolutely helped me grow in a variety of ways. I'm no longer a Firefighter/EMT but the experiences I had will never leave me and I'll always be more mature than I was before. I have a lot of crazy stories for anyone interested. I truly believe every player should have a positive, engaging, and fair time while playing on this server so being able to help deliver that experience would add another layer of fun and fulfillment that I already get when I log on every night.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: Yes, I was banned for 24 hours for failRP and ltap, I logged while a guy raided me and didn't think it was an issue as long as i stay logged off. 
2 weeks for homophobia, I said the "F" bomb, absolutely horrible and since then have grown a lot and I would never do that again. The last time was for a year but it was for ban evasion. I tried using a different steam account to talk to an admin about my previous homophobia ban, didn't realize it was against the rules so it was extended to a year, but they rescinded the year ban and brought it back down to 2 weeks.
Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Yes I believe it was in 2016/2017
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: About 8-10 hours a week
If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?: Kickboxing training is my main solo hobby, my wife and I spend the majority of our free time together watching TV, taking the dog on a walk, cooking/eating together, video games, taking our dog to state parks or outside concerts. She's my life.
Did you read the staff rules?:sunnymuffins

Edited by sunnymuffins
adding referral
  • Agree 1
Posted (edited)

+1

He's a very good guy، he knows the rules، and all the reports he's got are really true، he's got a good attitude، and I figured sunny could help us a lot 

also, I confirm my referral so here we go.

good luck🙃

Edited by mrjohnweak
  • Agree 1

You have decent sentences and meet all of the requirements. I must be on at different times than you since I don't have much interaction with you (not a bad thing), but those bans are concerning. Even with the length of time that's passed since the last bans the behavior in itself has me concerned, especially the ban evading portion to speak to the Staff member who banned you. I feel that the obvious thing to do is to appeal the ban on the forums instead of taking the route of logging in on an alt to escalate the situation. Props to you working as an EMT, I am appreciate for your service. I will remain neutral on this as I feel this application could go either way.

Neutral 

• Informative 1
  • DarkRP Management Team

I recognize your name and I've seen you minging over the last week. Your playtime is good, and your paragraphs are good, but having seen you minge combined with your ban history it's a -1 from me. I would like you to have a better pattern of behavior for at least a week or two before applying. I'm willing to overlook the ban history if I see that. Best of luck though.

• Informative 2
  • DarkRP Administration Team

I've seen you a fair bit in my time on the server. You've been a fun Mayor at times even if at times the laws have been kinda painful to deal with lol. As for your application, your paragraphs are decent and with about 283 hours you do have a good amount of playtime, which I would imagine translates to knowing our rules and standards. That being said your ban history is worrying to me, combined with some mingey behaviour that has been seen lately. While it looks like you received these nearly 2 years ago, I do hope that this behaviour will not return, and I would encourage you to shape up just a bit. Get out there a little more, talk to folks and help them with their issues and perhaps we might be going somewhere.

For now I can't give you a strong opinion either which way, so for now I'm going to stay Neutral on this one. I hope to see you in-game and see how you will do over the next little while.

• Friendly 1
Posted (edited)

I am going to have to agree with Buster, I have seen you on a decent amount the past week or two but during that time I have witnessed you minging on several occasions. I definitely can see you on the staff team after we see a few weeks of good behavior! I want to take the time though to thank you for your service as an EMT & firefighter!

Edited by OmiDaHomie
  • Friendly 1

Thank you to everyone who has replied so far I appreciate it! To give anyone else some context about the "minge" comments, (this is the only thing i can think of that people could be talking about) my playstyle lately has been to become the mayor and get the town to hate me with the laws i make in order to have two sides that dislike and fight each other, the PD and the citizens.  Guns, vapes, raid tools, and throwing boots gets you arrested which is understandably minge. My ban history and that playstyle lately probably means I won't get the staff position but I NEVER accomplish anything in life first try ha-ha. I've read a lot of other denied apps and this really seems like a constructive process so that I can improve and not a "No you will never be staff" kind of thing. I'm going to stop being the mayor, (or at least THAT kind of mayor) and branch out more so that next time people will +1 just from what they hear about me! (hopefully)

For any new comments I would appreciate any details about improvements, (Example: you are a minge because of the laws you made as mayor) But thank you for your time and if I don't get staff this time I'll get it next time!

• Like 1

So I am just going to say here that I as well have seen you minging from time to time. While it has not been excessive you have been doing it none the less. I am going to also go with buster on this due to that his word does carry weight here. But with that said your app speaks for itself it is a really decent app, good paragraphs and you do seem to have knowledge of our rules. So far every report I have taken of yours has led to some form of punishment whether it be as minor as a verbal or as major as a ban it has led to something and been a legitimate report. Now with all this said a decent app alone isn't enough to get you in. You also have to be on good behavior and not be getting in trouble. If after a week of you being on your best non mingy behavior I can see no issue with you joining. Just please don't let your past history repeat itself and you should be good. For now  -1  until you get your behavior good.

• Informative 1

Buster already carries a lot of weight, and as he's mentioned in his response, you've been minging in-game for the past week or so. Your application is great with no other issues. But your in-game behavior needs significant improvement. Bans are old enough to be exempt from altering my response. Good Luck!!

I've seen sunnymuffins on the server for a long time and he really adds to the fun for newer players, which I think is super important. I don't imagine him to be biased and he is experienced with the server and the player base. He is friendly and a very non-toxic/mature player in my experience and I think he'd be great staff. I hope you keep going mayor, because it really does add to the fun in the server. +1

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Errol locked this topic