DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Create a fandom (wiki) site

HtmlRoot

I think a fandom should be created for the purpose of collecting and curating information related to in-game items/functions among other things. Having a fandom with this information would allow for easy access to information up-front such as a question like "How much damage does a M4A1 Iron do to the body excluding headshots?". While it is true that some genius will have that answer for me right as they read it, not everyone will have that Google by their side 24/7 to give them their pressing questions. Therefore I propose that myself along with anyone willing and capable to come together and create/maintain this wiki. As such, I have already gone and created the concept design and already have done a page as a test run.

Keep in mind I currently hold founder status on an already large and successful fandom for a game created in some kids thing I don't play anymore. (ROBLOX)

I'm open to all forms of criticism, I NEED IT.

spacer.png

• Cringe 1
  • Creative 3
  • Informative 1
  • Disagree 1

I've already expressed this point over discord, but I think it's gonna be a lot of work for something that wont end up getting used too often. I'd say like 15 people would end up using it more than 1 time. Also if you want to share general info feel free to go post something in guides and tutorials about it.

• Toxic 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

+1 

If community members want to band together to make life easier for new players, let them. This might grow into something so handy that it ends up being part of the MOTD. Ya never know! 

• 300 IQ 1
4 minutes ago, Hamas said:

-1, the game isn’t that hard or complicated, minging would be rampant on the wiki as well. Doesn’t seem worth the return.

While I get your point, I have prevented multiple raid attempts involving defacing my last wiki, along with my several persistent and still active moderators.

As for your mentioning of the game difficulty, would it really hurt the community to gateway an extra source of (useful) information for all eyes to see?

I have already mapped out an item section with info to be filled in such as weapon damage for headshots and body shots, how to obtain items, and a rating system that will be in Tiers, with each tier having a link to its higher ranked/lower ranked neighbor.

Edited by HtmlRoot
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Friendly 1

I'm saying -1 for two reasons: One, the format wasn't followed. Two: because, well, it looks like it already exists?

2 hours ago, HtmlRoot said:

I think a fandom should be created for the purpose of collecting and curating information related to in-game items/functions among other things.

2 hours ago, HtmlRoot said:

As such, I have already gone and created the concept design and already have done a page as a test run.

I don't think the forum staff are going to have to approve or deny a community-run wiki, unless the suggestion is to have it become an officially run wiki? In which case I think you'll find even if it is official you'll need volunteers and the community to help anyways, as is with any wiki.

I think it's a cool idea though. Just don't think this is the correct place to post a suggestion that doesn't at all require staff input. You might be better off posting in the Creative Corner and asking for testers and volunteers!

• Agree 2