DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Your Annual FIREARM CHANGES MEGATHREAD

Nutter

• StarWarsRP Management Team
1 minute ago, jas0n said:

They can and do sometimes. That's why I added I thinks its a bug. Bishop one tapped me with his AEK a while back and pulled damage logs. It does, wished I saved the log 

Before damage multipliers were fixed, they could. They can't now.

1 minute ago, jas0n said:

I think you misunderstood ,the ability should be added to both DMR and Snipers as a counter To Juggernauts/bulldozer 

If DMR got a damage boost, they would just be a faster firing sniper than current snipers

4 minutes ago, Theos said:

If DMR got a damage boost, they would just be a faster firing sniper than current snipers

After talking to you in ts I realize I misunderstand how the damage multiplier works and this feature may not be possible. 

Pistol: N/A

Sub-Machine Gun: N/A

Assault Rifle: I'm mostly content with combat on the server. I do think some donator weapons (specifically the AEK), are a bit overpowered. I think reducing the aim spread/bloom in all AR's and replacing them with varying recoil patterns could allow players to find more potential in other weapons. As long as someone spent the time to gain experience with a weapon, it could be viable.

Battle Rifle: Similar to AR

Designated Marksman Rifle: The time between moving and shot accuracy could be reduced slightly in DMR's and lower damage snipers to even the playing field for newer players.

Sniper Rifle: N/A

Light Machine Gun: N/A

Explosives: N/A

Melee/General: (General) Finding a point where most weapons seem to have enough practicality for primary use is a great goal overall.

Edited by Milky
Formatting
5 hours ago, Theos said:

Any stats I refer to in this response are based on attachments applied, as very few players run a base gun.

Pistol: No changes, not used

Sub-Machine Gun: Reduce SMGs Hip Spread, reduce following by 10%: G36C, Veresk, UMP45, FMG-9. Reduce following Hip Spread by 12%; MP5A5, PP-19 Bizon, MP 40, HK MP5, MP5A4, MAC-11. Will need testing but should make running and gunning inside Obj with SMGs very effective.

Assault Rifle: ARs recoil reduced by 10% (except for; AK74, AK74 mod, AEK, AK103, MSBS). Also depending on SMG change to Hip Spread, AR Hip Spread could be nerfed (value increased) by 5-10%. Also on the AEK, it could afford a Max. Spread buff (value lowered) by about 10%.

Battle Rifle: Reduce recoil by 5%

Designated Marksman Rifle: They work as intended, unlikely to ever be commonly used without being OP

Sniper Rifle: Snipers work fine, concerns over Snipers regard the use of them, not stats of Snipers

Light Machine Gun: Nothing obvious needs changing. They can be used as a suppression tool, but suppressing a sniper at long range is always a losing battle for a LMG.

Explosives: Boom still boom well

Melee/General: Nothing needed in terms of balancing

Note: Other suggestions will bring new guns into the pool, ones I can't check the stats on so would need ensuring they match up

Please for the love of god test these 😞 

i am a menace

KEY- Red = Nerf | Green = Buff | Yellow = Nerf+Buff | Grey = Unsure/Neutral

Pistol: As Jason has said, a faster draw speed would make the pistol more desirable and actually a tactical go-to secondary when your primary goes dry or you can't take the time to reload in the current situation. This would be a deadly combo with a slight damage increase since the known playstyle (or at least mine) is to use an AR primary and have a key-bind set for switching to your last used weapon, allowing you to almost instantly swap to your pistol and at least give you the chance to defend yourself when caught during a reload.

Sub-Machine Gun: Honestly, I bought the SMG as a joke and thought I could at least get a kill with it as an insult to the other player, since dying to one is so rare, but I can't even manage to get a joke kill with it unless the enemy's caught reloading + not moving + faced away from me + distracted. The damage is too low compared to any AR, and unlike what most would expect, the FR isn't high enough to balance it out compared to such, not to mention the fact that it's severely inaccurate. A possible solution to this could be a few stat changes or a better trade-off, like it could keep its low damage and current FR, but have better recoil and/or accuracy compared to the ARs. Another boost to the SMG game should be a slight increase in draw speed since it's a lighter gun when next to an Assault Rifle and shouldn't be that slow to manage.

Assault Rifle: No complaints, but the AEK is practically a laser beam next to its cousins, even without attachments. A lil' more recoil on it would most likely balance it out.

AR-15 is surprisingly reliable actually, not sure why I dogged on it before.

Battle Rifle: Only use the SCAR on the Cachet, and it just feels like a worse sidegrade to the AEK. More damage per shot, but harder to aim and lower FR (one good stat for two bad stats isn't a desirable trade). The lower FR feels relatively balanced when combined with higher damage, the only thing making me favor using the AEK over it even when I'm on the class that uses it is the recoil and aim spread make it a gamble in every firefight, whereas the AEK is almost completely reliable in any given situation. I think keeping the lower FR and damage, but making it a bit easier to keep on target by lowering recoil and decreasing aim spread a smidge would make it more reliable and therefore a competitor to the AEK.

Designated Marksman Rifle: For a DMR, it feels WAY too snappy with the recoil on it! It might just be me, but it feels like Halo Reticle Bloom all over again where I have to take a nap in-between shots before I can shoot again with certainty that the dot I'm looking at is where the bullet's gonna go, except this time I just see the sky box after 3 shots. A balance I'd recommend is a bit less damage (enough so it takes 2-3 body shots) and an increase in recoil control. Right now, it just feels like a diet sniper, which it shouldn't be! It should be a mix between the control of an AR and the power of a Sniper Rifle, a BALANCED mix, that is.

Sniper Rifle: Although I may be biased a little since I play NG from time to time and the movement penalty makes me easy pickings for snipers, I still feel like I got some valid points about this one. Their high damage is expected with the size of caliber they're usually firing and the tradeoff of only being useful at mid to long range since any CQC fight is almost certain death. And while I do notice a slower movement speed while wielding one, it feels like you're able to switch to and off it as quickly as anything else (if this is incorrect, ignore the rest). I think by making it slightly slower to switch to and from a sniper, it makes the gun a completely devoted playstyle for players to commit to, trading their vulnerability for unmatched damage at insane distances instead of just having a shotgun on quickswap to blow apart anyone trying to get the jump on them.

Light Machine Gun: Honestly, these feel pretty fair! Understandably, they're at an obvious disadvantage on the move with their high aim spread and recoil, but excel at holding a position after deploying a bipod that counters its flaws. Its both realistic AND balanced, so I'm not even gonna touch it.

Explosives: For the love of God, PLEASE nerf the Suicide Bomber radius (or find a way to make it not go through objects). It's pretty funny to watch the kill feed go crazy when one runs into base, but no one likes hearing that noise inside a building and going, "Yeah, he could be on a completely different floor. Doesn't matter, GG." and losing point because someone pulled a funny half a mile away through several walls.

For the Matador, one of my personal favorites, I feel as if the crazy fast travel time of the projectile coupled with the surprisingly high radius is a bit ludicrous against the enemy. If the projectile could be slowed a bit, it might make it slightly more fair to go against. If not that, a slight reduction in the blast radius would do the same thing. If I can literally counter-snipe a sniper from the parking lot to the well-known head-glitching rocks towards Tali Base with how fast and wide the explosive reaches even when they've run away from the target point, it's not fair.

When soldiers see an RPG, they panic, for it is a weapon on mass destruction that can wipe out a whole point if used right. When I see a rocket, I just take a light jog to the left or right of it, and by the time it hits I'm long gone. While its speed is lacking, it packs quite a punch! This punch, however, tends to miss due to its overall speed and quick drop over travel compared to the Matador. The range of the explosive doesn't even save it sometimes, and just ends up either killing me because I didn't move or hear it in time, or just dealing like, 3 damage to a few people. Either the range or speed needs a buff, but at least one of them since right now it's a laughing stock compared to the Matador.

Melee/General: Melee is a joke (in a cool way) unless you have a knife on quickswap and find some poor mf with his back to you so you can pull a Spy From Team Fortress 2™ on his ass and yell "I AM THE SPY!" like a madman before getting gunned down by his teammate. Other than that, they're used as a cool way to move at max speed while at least holding some sort of weapon and can entertain yourself by inspecting it. Anything else like a machete feels like a gimmick or a bit for shits and giggles or duels of some sort.

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin

Ooh I know guns! Here’s an idea that y'all can give feedback on.

Pistol: Literally don’t need to be touched. Would just be nit-picking tbh. Only thing you should entertain is lowering effective range on normal pistols to circa 50m and the Deagle(s) & MR96 to 75m.

Sub-Machine Gun: This is simple. If you want to have SMGs outclass other weapon sectors, they need a higher DPS (DPS = Damage x Firerate/60). So you either up the damage or up the firerate until you’re around 450. Cause last I updated my weapon database, most ARs were about 380-410 and you definitely don’t want to overtune the weapon class. If you’re worried about them outclassing the other sectors in all scenarios, they should have the highest spread.

The numbers;

Damage = 25-30 depending on magazine size. You want balance and not realism so fuck calibers.

Firerate = 900-1080 aka SWEP.FireDelay 60/900 - 60/1080 depending on the damage. Again, this revolves around the DPS goal of 450.

Spread per shot = 10% aka SWEP.SpreadPerShot = 0.010

Max Aim Spread = 40% aka SWEP.MaxSpreadInc = 0.040

Recoil = 20% aka SWEP.Recoil 0.6

Assault Rifle: ARs are in a decent state right now but can use a little adjustment. So let’s stick with a 380-400 DPS goals for ARs and obviously less spread than our SMG class so that their strength increases as range does. 

The numbers;
Damage = 40-42 this can just scale with your Tier System or just random. Will obviously have a negative correlation with Firerate

Firerate = 550 - 600 aka SWEP.FireDelay 60/550 - 60/600

Spread per shot = 7% aka SWEP.SpreadPerShot = 0.007

Max Aim Spread = 20% aka SWEP.MaxSpreadInc = 0.020

Recoil = 40-45% aka SWEP.Recoil = 1.2-1.35

Battle Rifle: THIS is where we can really reward the players who are adept at controlling recoil. Biggest bullet, longest barrel, and ooc smallest magazine. So these guys will have the least Aim Spread, but the punch they pack will be met with the highest recoil.

The numbers:

Damage = 47-49 which again can range based on tiers, donator vs faction, etc.

Firerate = 450 - 475 which once again will have a negative correlation with damage. Yes, I know this results in a 360-375 DPS as opposed to the ARs 380-400. But believe me when I say that through thousands of hours of gameplay that the lower firerate will be greatly preferred when coupled with the higher recoil that comes with BRs. Also, 49 damage is an absolute hard cap on any automatic weapon, as 50 just opens the door for an incredibly unbalanced gameplay.

Spread per shot = 5.5% which is where its at.

Max Aim Spread = 10% aka SWEP.MaxSpreadInc = 0.010

Recoil = 55-60% aka SWEP.Recoil = 1.65 - 1.80

Designated Marksman Rifle: Literally perfect but maybe make sure all of their damage is at least 75.

Sniper Rifle: Nerf the Mosin and Orsis to 90 damage and make sure both countries have the same amount of 125 damage & 10 shot snipers.

Light Machine Gun: Could definitely use a good bit of changes. AFAIK they still all have over 100% Max Aim Spread which just renders them absolutely useless. They should have medium damage with a high firerate. To quell that, medium spread and high recoil.

The numbers:

Damage = 34-38

Firerate = 700-800 aka SWEP.FireDelay 60/700 - 60/800

Spread per shot = 10% aka SWEP.SpreadPerShot = 0.010

Max Spread Inc = 20% aka SWEP.MaxSpreadInc = 0.020

Recoil = 70-80% aka SWEP.Recoil = 2.1 - 2.4

Explosives: Not in the loop enough to comment.

Melee/General: Fulfills its’ role just fine.

Edited by Ozzy
  • 300 IQ 3
  • Agree 6
  • StarWarsRP Management Team
16 hours ago, Tomfoolery said:

Battle Rifle: Only use the SCAR on the Cachet

If you're referring to the MSBS, that is not a Battle Rifle. Battle Rifles on the server are: FN FAL, G3A3, SCAR-Heavy

Also if you practice with the MSBS, you realise it is a good AR

Edited by Theos

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSnodih_TdL_XOBOPeYzC1eFqGY1apxTQgCcCTUTfkcx7_2JC0TxpBTzea41CjVyp93groLiBFxwSMT/pubhtml

Proposed Stats for  ARs and SMGs,  a Far leap from current, mostly Just adjusted so Recoil is higher, spread is lower, Time to kill [dps] is higher. 

Still to do sheets for BRifles, MRifles and Snipers but ill follow up with them in a few days.

• Spicy 1
42 minutes ago, GHOST_RECON0955 said:

Make the base AR-15 the bullet spread lesser. That is all I ask. Its near impossible to hit anything at more than spitting distance.

I think you simply haven't found the proper attachment combination that works for you

Disclaimer this is coming from my personal opinion don't get salty if it does not align to your own thoughts

Pistol:
pistols are fine I guess not many issues with them and no one really uses it

Sub-Machine Gun:
SMGs right now are outclassed by ARs in cqc which shouldn't even be a thing. ARs should be able to fight against SMGs in CQC but SMGs should be the main gun being used in CQC.

PPSH - 10% overall spread reduction, its literally a carbon copy of the old P90 
FMG - It is good
MP5A5 - up fire rate by 10% to be able to compete with ARs
MP5A4 - I don't own it so can't talk about stats
Overall look at SMGs and their fire rate/aim spread and see if it is viable to use in around 10 feet combat

Assault Rifle:
Most ARs are solid 

Battle Rifle:
Battle rifles are rarely used and are outclassed by ARs. ARs 3-4 tap and BRs 3 tap. To get people to use BRs more I suggest uping dmg to 50 chest for a 2 tap chest

G3A3 - 50 dmg per chest shot fire rate stays same
Scar H - 50 dmg per chest shot fire rate stays same
FN Fal - 50 dmg per chest shot fire rate stays same

Designated Marksman Rifle:
No one uses these cept army marksman
Make DMRs 1 tap headshot
M14 EBR - 1 tap headshot rest of stats stay same
Mark 12 - 1 tap head shot rest of stats stay same

Sniper Rifle:
Snipers are good right now not much needs to be changed

Light Machine Gun:
The army M60 outclasses ARs, SMGs, BRs fucking anything. Its fire rate is basically an SMG and it does 31 dmg base. an LMG should not be able to fire this fast 
Army M60 - fire rate down to 650 
RPK - fire rate down to 650 and lower aim spread by 7.5%
PKM - fire rate to 650 lower aim spread by 5%
Ares Strike - up fire rate to 650 lower aim spread by 5%

Explosives:
EX41 splash radius could be up by 10% 
Matador/RPG 7 are fine right now
Suicide bomb is fine
Grenades are fine

Meelee/General: 
Melees are good right now

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2022 at 4:17 PM, Fetn said:

Disclaimer this is coming from my personal opinion don't get salty if it does not align to your own thoughts

Pistol:
pistols are fine I guess not many issues with them and no one really uses it

Sub-Machine Gun:
SMGs right now are outclassed by ARs in cqc which shouldn't even be a thing. ARs should be able to fight against SMGs in CQC but SMGs should be the main gun being used in CQC.

PPSH - 10% overall spread reduction, its literally a carbon copy of the old P90 
FMG - It is good
MP5A5 - up fire rate by 10% to be able to compete with ARs
MP5A4 - I don't own it so can't talk about stats
Overall look at SMGs and their fire rate/aim spread and see if it is viable to use in around 10 feet combat

Assault Rifle:
Most ARs are solid 

Battle Rifle:
Battle rifles are rarely used and are outclassed by ARs. ARs 3-4 tap and BRs 3 tap. To get people to use BRs more I suggest uping dmg to 50 chest for a 2 tap chest

G3A3 - 50 dmg per chest shot fire rate stays same
Scar H - 50 dmg per chest shot fire rate stays same
FN Fal - 50 dmg per chest shot fire rate stays same

Designated Marksman Rifle:
No one uses these cept army marksman
Make DMRs 1 tap headshot
M14 EBR - 1 tap headshot rest of stats stay same
Mark 12 - 1 tap head shot rest of stats stay same

Sniper Rifle:
Snipers are good right now not much needs to be changed

Light Machine Gun:
The army M60 outclasses ARs, SMGs, BRs fucking anything. Its fire rate is basically an SMG and it does 31 dmg base. an LMG should not be able to fire this fast 
Army M60 - fire rate down to 650 
RPK - fire rate down to 650 and lower aim spread by 7.5%
PKM - fire rate to 650 lower aim spread by 5%
Ares Strike - up fire rate to 650 lower aim spread by 5%

Explosives:
EX41 splash radius could be up by 10% 
Matador/RPG 7 are fine right now
Suicide bomb is fine
Grenades are fine

Meelee/General: 
Melees are good right now

I find that this suggestion or Ozzys would work the best altho testing should be held at some scheduled times so server input can be given before the changes fully come in 

6 hours ago, HonestDog said:

This I would say is incorrect they might be the most unbalanced weapon right now. It needs a radius or dmg nerf.

I can’t lie to you I don’t see the big issue with suicide bomb like it server the Same purpose as a frag grenade and is almost entirely useless in war unless clearing out second floor factory as the target is super easy to hit you quite literally sacrifice yourself for some measly kills in a once in a blue moon event want proof an unnamed person went 1-81 because they were only using the suicide bomb