Theos' Dismissal

Soap-

This is a shitpost right? Now, Theos isn't a perfect manager, no one is. There will always be a manager that does things some people don't like. I will say sometimes he didn't ask staff for their opinion before making a decision. Other than that, he has really yet to do anything warranting a removal from his position. The clip provided calling someone a "retard" is a very weak piece of "evidence" within this report, sure being more respectful to people is nice, but this shows literally nothing. Moving on from Theos, personally me and others don't believe Smity is yet fit to become manager. Smity is doing well as his current position of being an Admin, however I have noticed he gets agitated over small/annoying things. Overall I don't understand why this is a post, I understand not agreeing with some of the decisions he makes, but creating a forum post with little to no evidence to back up such a large topic is simply immature. Good luck with the report, I HIGHLY doubt it's going anywhere though.

Edit: After reading Wyatt's portion of text, I completely agree and had the same experience when it comes to having a formal and effective discussion about agree/disagreements when he brings up decisions he's going/has made. My personal experience from this was from the reserve change. For the most part we were formally discussing our own viewpoints on the matter. Not once we got into in argument, It all depends how you approach talking about something you dislike. Chances are, if you disrespectfully talk to him, he's going to do the same to you. If you would like to have a constructive discussion about matters, be respectful and not shit over everything he's done, that goes no where. 

Edited by Reeper
  • Agree 7

Even though some of my friends who dislike Theos may get upset with what I'm about to say, this is what I believe. I have some disagreements with some of the decisions Theos has made (The Reserve change and the Tier system change) but I don't believe he has done anything so far to warrant being removed from manager. In my opinion Theos can be Stubborn but personally every time I have brought up issues to him, he has listened and give his Pov on things and while I disagree with his Pov on a lot of decisions, Him being stubborn and me having a disagreement with him in my eyes doesn't warrant him being removed from manager. 

• Agree 9

This is stupid and doesn't help anything it just gives MRP an even worse look. Theos makes a lot of decisions that I do not agree with but that doesn't warrant removal. I really don't get what you expected to come of this because there is not enough of anything here to push for what you are getting at.

• Friendly 1
  • Agree 2

-1 - As much as I would want this to happen, this wouldn’t help the server. I don’t like Theos, I’m sure that is well known, but there isn’t anyone to replace him and at the very least he is getting suggestions through and such to try and help the server. Also, there just isn’t enough evidence to justify his removal, at least presented in this post. (Time to go back into the shadows from which I came)

Edited by PappaEric

-1, to be honest post was pretty counter-productive and didnt really address an effective solution which in your mind is "Replace him with smity". Instead you should be attempting to work with garnet/proggy to find a better solution that would stop the already decent amount of leadership removals as of recent. Theres not really any proof here and I feel like it's kinda bias just my opinion on this. If you want to help MRP be constructive about it this just makes us look like fools.

• Like 1

Dude soap is at it again????? What is it with you and staff members bro like he called you a retard from what is in the video and that’s it, where is the proof of a major problem???? Do you know how many times jake called me a retard? Doesn’t mean he was a shit SA lol. I swear he is just doesn’t like theos or something, when I was in the staff team theos was an outstanding staff member leave him alone and let him do his job lol. Garnet ain’t a monkey if there was a problem it would have been handled by now

• Cringe 2
  • Haha 2

Theos was never my favorite person and I disagreed with a lot of his changes but a lot said in your post was wrong. One issue of the staff team (Guilty myself) is that shit we disagreed with wasn't brought up in meetings but days it was implemented after, in private chats or ts channels. When you brought things up in meetings or before it was implemented you would see changes. Theos let staff comment on Docs for a couple of days with concerns and comments that would be address weeks before massive changes. You cant agree with every change a manager makes. But at the end of the day Theos goes above and beyond for the MRP community and he tries to make MRP more enjoyable for everyone. Sometimes the mark is missed or its changes awful in hindsight but at least he makes the effort.